Ayanbadejo Signing Just Smart Insurance....konrad Could Get Franchise Tag... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ayanbadejo Signing Just Smart Insurance....konrad Could Get Franchise Tag...

However

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I want to say that it is not out of the realm of possibility to see the DOlphins put the FRANCHISE TAG on Konrad. He is there main FA to sign back....and if the Dolphins want to pay him within the top 5 FB's in the NFL....to prevent him from leaving....if they fear a team like the Eagles want him bad enough...then they just might...and I say might....put the tag on him. I personally do not think it is going to come down to this.....but I just want to say....that IF the Dolphins use the Franchise tag.....its certainly not going to be on CB PAUL MIRANDA.....its going to be on KONRAD. DCH

Rob would love to have the Franchise Tag because the NFL doesn't deliniate between RB and FB in this instance. The calculation of the average of the top 5 salaries would include all RBs - so it will never happen.

Re: However

Originally posted by jack
Rob would love to have the Franchise Tag because the NFL doesn't deliniate between RB and FB in this instance. The calculation of the average of the top 5 salaries would include all RBs - so it will never happen.

Can anyone point that out from the nflpa rules?

Page 73

Section 7. Salary Information:

(a) No later than February 1 of each League Year during the term of this Agreement, the NFL shall compile and disclose to the NFLPA a list of each of the ten largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the following positions which shall be utilized for calculating the average Prior Year Salaries of players at the positions of Franchise Players and Transition Players: Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End, Offensive Line, Defensive End, Interior Defensive Line, Linebacker, Cornerback, Safety, and Kicker/Punter. For the 1993 League Year, such list shall be provided to the NFLPA by February 15

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Guess that ends that speculation :lol:
definitely :rolleyes:

this conversation was finally completed since it was started a while back in another thread. Better off without using the tag since then it w b all salary and hit the cap all in 2003. Re-signing him to a cap-friendly long term deal should help in 2003 and make Rob happy- which is good for our O :D

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
...Maybe the possibility of using the "tag" would expedite negotiations

Yeah but I think that if you put the Franchise Tag on a player, they kind of resent it because they think you're "limiting" them. Which, in a way, I guess is true.

What is wrong with silicon??? If you can see them and touch them they are real to me. LoL

Ya.. They use Salene now a days anyway.. ;)

Come to the Aquaside Clump!

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Come to the Aquaside Clump!

That is like Darth Vader trying to get Luke to join the darkside.......not gonna happen :lol:

May The Force Be With Me!! :)

Back
Top Bottom