Az Hakim Coming In | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Az Hakim Coming In

phunwin said:
Mike, what's your problem with Welker? Did he steal your girlfriend and run over your dog? Are you going to write a country music song called "Wes Done Me Wrong?" Every possible chance you can, you're saying we should ditch the guy

:roflmao:

Does anyone have Hakim's and Boston's 40 times?

I don't think we'll take Boston and Hakim, probably one of them though.

Personally, I would like to have Boston over Hakim. Boston fits the player mold that Saban was drafting- big and fast.

phunwin said:
Mike, what's your problem with Welker? Did he steal your girlfriend and run over your dog? Are you going to write a country music song called "Wes Done Me Wrong?" Every possible chance you can, you're saying we should ditch the guy, despite the following:
1. he was a respectable 14th in the NFL in KR average.
2. he was FIFTH in the NFL in PR average
3. he played several roles for the team last year
4. he was a great example of work ethic and effort
5. he did all this for the league minimum salary

You would boot him out the door for a guy who hasn't returned a kick in 4 years, hasn't been a regular punt returner in three years, and hasn't been a GOOD punt returner in five years. In all likelihood, Welker is a better return man than Hakim at this point in their careers.

I'd like to bring in Hakim; I think he'd be an excellent third receiver if he can stay healthy. But the guy we should look at cutting to make room is Derrius Thompson, not Welker. That makes more sense salary-wise anyway.

every time? I put up 1 post about it last night.

I think Az Hakim is an upgrade. More experience in big games. Welker isn't bad. But if we can get a WR/PR in 1 roster spot. Instead of wasting a roster spot on a guy who ONLY is a PR.......then all the more reason to look at Az Hakim. Im not saying just go sign Hakim, Im saying if he is on par or better than Welker, then give him the job because that opens up a roster spot someplace else.

Its all good with Welker.

Boomer said:
PPBP says that he is likely to get a long look from Miami so expect him to tip up in Davie in the next week or so.
Funny, I was juts thinking about him yesterday since DET drafted Williams.

I think he's a good slot guy and a solid WR. He was in a tough spot in Detroit needless to say. He could come in here and play 3rd down right away. Booker was injured a bit last year so he could even start in that event. I think he is more of a sure thing than Boston.

I think we should cut Thompson unless he takes a pay cut and sign both Hakim and Boston. I'd like to keep Thompson, but you have 2 speed guys in Hakim and Boston. Not only that, once Boston gets his hands on the ball there is a slim chance of 1 CB bringing him down. He is a huge slot threat.....or you can stick him on the outside and move Chambers into the slot on 3 WR sets and have Boston burn em deep and Chambers burn em short.

StlDolfan said:
Hakim fumbles a lot and is hurt all the time.

not true. I posted this stat yesterday, but in the past 3 years (since the 2002 season), Az has only had 2 fumbles, and only lost 1 (in the 2003 season)

in St. Louis it was a problem, but since he left, he has gotten it under control

phunwin said:
Mike, what's your problem with Welker? Did he steal your girlfriend and run over your dog? Are you going to write a country music song called "Wes Done Me Wrong?" Every possible chance you can, you're saying we should ditch the guy, despite the following:
1. he was a respectable 14th in the NFL in KR average.
2. he was FIFTH in the NFL in PR average
3. he played several roles for the team last year
4. he was a great example of work ethic and effort
5. he did all this for the league minimum salary

You would boot him out the door for a guy who hasn't returned a kick in 4 years, hasn't been a regular punt returner in three years, and hasn't been a GOOD punt returner in five years. In all likelihood, Welker is a better return man than Hakim at this point in their careers.

I'd like to bring in Hakim; I think he'd be an excellent third receiver if he can stay healthy. But the guy we should look at cutting to make room is Derrius Thompson, not Welker. That makes more sense salary-wise anyway.

great post

Boomer said:
PPBP says that he is likely to get a long look from Miami so expect him to tip up in Davie in the next week or so.

likly and probubly.... that means the fins already signed him...:nono:

Back
Top Bottom