B. Brockermeyer Still Unsigned??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

B. Brockermeyer Still Unsigned???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
We need this guy!!!.....

Our OT position on the left side of the line is not looking very strong. With B. Smith still getting back to speed, and M. Spriggs behind him, we ned a solid OT.

B. Brockermeyer is injured. But he was also the best OT the Bears had last year. Even with the injuries, he'd be better than any of the guys we've got slated to start this year....

His salary isn't even that high....We could have afforded him prior to the R. Burnett signing. Now, it's not likely. He's still unsigned from what I've read, and if we could find the room, we could sure use him.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:monkey: JETS SUCK!!!!

There is a reason he is unsigned... his injury was MUCH worse than those guys on our roster. He can not pass a physical, and it won't be until training camp is nearly over that he will even be able to BEGIN to start practicing. Let alone be able to compete with guys that will be closing in on 100% recovery and have months more practice time. Why waste the money and a roster spot??

IMO, the coaches are doing the right thing. Let Smith and Spriggs compete and see what happens. There is no point bringing in more question marks to the team. If one of them gets injured or they both fail miserably in their duties, THEN we should look at bringing someone in. But the fact of the matter is... there is nobody available that is better than who we currenly have. So, we have to live with it.

It may be academic

It would be nice to have him for depth... but I wouldn't count on him as a starter...unless he proved to be back at 100%. I still think Burnett was the right move... if we can still squeeze him in, Brock might be good insurance though.

B. Smith and M. Spriggs are still injured as well....

B. Brockermeyer was slated to start in Denver at OLT prior to this news of him not putting his signature on the contract...

I think his injuires are a problem, but he's rehabing just like B. Smith and M. Spriggs. He's better than both without question. Much better....

He may not be ready until late August, but adding him now would be like putting a future Pro Bowler at LT if we signed him...

B. Smith and M. Spriggs may not even pan out THIS YEAR before the season starts. From what I've heard, the rumors are flowing about the Phinz putting M. Dixon at LT this year because neither are proving they can handle the load.....

I'd dump both of them in a second in order to sign a guy like B. Brockermeyer. He's twice the OT either one of those guys are. He's nasty, and he's still quite young. He should get even better after his injuries heal, and he gets back on the field....

We needed him when Chicago cut him, and we still need him now. Dave and Rick need to sit-up and look to the future, instead of being satisfied with average mediocre talent on the OL.....

Even with his injuries, B. Brockermeyer is much more than average or mediocre. He's a bruiser at LT, and with the kind of attitude he plays with, our OL would improve tremendously IMO.

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom