B. Griese... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

B. Griese...

Sal Lisitano

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
okay...how could you people blame Jay from this loss??? He did everything he needed to do to win the game PERIOD. You all should be blaming O. Mare.

Lets face it...this was a divisional game against a good team...I knew that this would be a tight game. The Fins had the chance to put the game away...and they did not.

O. Mare could have put it away before it went into OT...but did not...okay it got blocked.

In OT O. Mare could have ended it their but he missed it.

Jay drove them down and gave the Fins a chance to win.

Please don't tell me that B. Griese will come in and do better than Jay...no way.

How about our great O-Line...they have been stinking it up and you all still find a way to blame Jay.

I'm not a Jay fan...I cried the day I saw Dan Marino leave and knew that their would be no one like Dan in a Fins uniform ever again. But lets all be realistic...Jay is not to blame...our O-Line has been horrible and O. Mare blew it yesterday. Hey...we do play the Pats again in case you all forgot. We'll beat them up in New England.

Go Fins!!!

Wow, its nice to know that you are such a great forutne teller that you can project into the future and say with such definite resolve that Griese can not do better than Jay.

There are many reasons to believe he can:

1. Griese statistically has performed in the top 10-15 QBs every year he has played.
2. Griese has been to the Pro Bowl.
3. Griese was a winner in college.

All that talent doesn't just go away. He became the scape goat in Denver as Ricky did in NO.

The point is that we KNOW what Fiedler can do, and its not good enough. He has gotten worse every year. The only reason we win is because of defense and our running game.

A failure to try any change is equal to conceding the division.

Its time for a change.

okay...i understand your point. But can you really say that it was Fiedler's fault that we lost yesterday?

you may be right...may be we do need a change at the QB position. i know that Fiedler has not performed well but the O-Line has been horrible. The blame should not fall all on Jay.

If we do decide to bring Griese in...they better do it soon. But as long as DW is coach...i don't see us making the move. DW loves Jay. See my thing is...that Fiedler has done enough to win...do you really think that Griese will produce better numbers and wins for the Fins? I don't know...and we won't know unless he's given the chance...so I get your point.

But what I do know is...I really felt that Ray Lucas was better than Jay...until I saw him play and boy...he looked horrible...and I totally admitted that I was wrong about Lucas and could not wait to get Jay back. I just don't want to see the same result occur as last year.

Go Fins.

Griese also has

Originally posted by fin-atic
Wow, its nice to know that you are such a great forutne teller that you can project into the future and say with such definite resolve that Griese can not do better than Jay.

There are many reasons to believe he can:

1. Griese statistically has performed in the top 10-15 QBs every year he has played.
2. Griese has been to the Pro Bowl.
3. Griese was a winner in college.

All that talent doesn't just go away. He became the scape goat in Denver as Ricky did in NO.

The point is that we KNOW what Fiedler can do, and its not good enough. He has gotten worse every year. The only reason we win is because of defense and our running game.

A failure to try any change is equal to conceding the division.

Its time for a change.

currently has health problems that will further restrict his mobility. Griese has little experience with this offense, so that means indecisiveness and furthermore Griese has had an highpower offense every year he's been ther in Denver except when McCaffery and Rod Smith both went down, and he could not lead them to the post season except for his first year.

You may be right, I'll eat crow if you are. I know one thing, this team is in serious need of a spark on offense and if that means benching JF over Griese. Then So be it. However it get's done, I'm all for it.

I'm just more partial to SR becasue he's been here longer and he's mobile. Kinda hoping he could be our Pennington.

Back
Top Bottom