Back At It With Another Mock(3/29) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Back At It With Another Mock(3/29)

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)Christian Wilkins, DL out of Clemson(6'4",315)
[New identity on defense needs a face, and what better place than the line. Instant plug and play player who will see many snaps counts almost immediately.]

2.)Elgton Jenkins, C out of Mississippi St.(6'4",310)
[Here, we finally begin to build a somewhat respectable line. If be happy with either he, McCoy or Jordan(upside) & Bradberry.]

3.)Bobby Evans, OG out of Oklahoma(6'4",312)
[Another strong prospect who should be in line for competition of a starting gig among the interior.]

4.)Justin Layne, CB out of Michigan St.(6'2",192)
[Something about this guy reminds me of Xavien. Imagine having two of these corners....man.]

5.)Daylon Mack, DL out of Texas A&M(6'1",334)
[Doubling down on both sides of the line is almost a given at this point. Gotta be bad enough to lose, but have pieces in place for what we're going for. I think Mack can add solid snaps in limited snaps counts on early downs. Should be a nice pair with Wilkins.]

6.)Justin Hollins, OLB out of Oregon(6'5",248)
[Watched a few Oregon games last year and this guy was always flying around the screen. If he can stick on ST, he can definitely make the roster given the circumstances...]

6b.)Gardner Minshew II, QB out of Washington St.(6'1",225)
[I really dont see the Dolphins drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds or so. The amount of talent outside of QB is greater than the value we get and the type of QB we need. Maybe Minshew can be a success story, we'll have to wait and see.)

7.)Tony Pollard, RB out of Memphis(6'0",210)
[I think Pollatd would mesh nicely with Vallage and Kenyan. We dont really have 3rd back at the moment so, again....another selection that has a shot at sticking.]

Really we can randomly select BPA in every round for the next 2 yearswith a awful roster like this.

2DFA961E-A365-4358-903B-D15BEA748A7A.png I could certainly live with that draft. Minshew is a really interesting late round project.

In my latest I went with the “No Fly Zone” in Miami.

The only way I'd be cool with that draft is if we got rid of Jones & McDonald. Another safety seems excessive. But I do like the other selections.

If I draft a QB he has to have some special qualities to develop. Easton and Tyree are the only developmental QB’s I have any interest in.

I can definitely get behind your first 2 picks. Solid meat and potatoes draft.

The only way I'd be cool with that draft is if we got rid of Jones & McDonald. Another safety seems excessive. But I do like the other selections.

Not if we’re running NE’s system. You need bodies in the secondary.

McDonald’s salary is no big deal. I don’t see why he has to go Although his salary would make him easier to trade.

But I’d be shocked if Jones isn’t cut.

Hard to argue with that draft. Maybe the only contention is not getting a big-time pass rusher. Really love the first two picks and I could definitely see Miami doing that.

I just hope ppl forget Layne is even a prospect....luckily I haven't seen him jumping up boards. I only seen like 2 sites have him in the first 2 rds. Fingers crossed!

This is the type of draft I would do. If Murray or Haskins fell a few spots respectively, the temptation to move up would be great but that would sacrifice building the foundation this franchise needs. You would have a good QB but no line on either side of the ball. This is the year the team needs(besides quarterback) mesh perfectly with the strength of the draft. Use it to your advantage and get one of the truly elite QBs in 2020.

I like the draft but wouldn't drafting Mack be over kill after Wilkins in the first? I'd think itd be 1 or the other in that scenario.

I know people aren't too high on Rypien, but the more I have watched and read about on him the more I like...not the strongest of arms, but has accuracy, has been learning the position from uncle Mark and has produced. A 5th or 6th on him would offer more than Minshew imho. Really like Pollard or Ryquell from Temple. But a back who may fit here with O'shea could be that recieving back from Washington cant recall his name but is a weapon much the same as the Patriots back whose name now escapes me, dang it I'm losing my marbles, who kills us all the time when he rotates in and was a 6th round pick as well.

Overall I see you added a lot of size in your draft, I totally agree about Hollins, think he would be a great fit here and could be had late, I dont understand why hes so slowly valued.

1.)Christian Wilkins, DL out of Clemson(6'4",315)
[New identity on defense needs a face, and what better place than the line. Instant plug and play player who will see many snaps counts almost immediately.]

2.)Elgton Jenkins, C out of Mississippi St.(6'4",310)
[Here, we finally begin to build a somewhat respectable line. If be happy with either he, McCoy or Jordan(upside) & Bradberry.]

3.)Bobby Evans, OG out of Oklahoma(6'4",312)
[Another strong prospect who should be in line for competition of a starting gig among the interior.]

4.)Justin Layne, CB out of Michigan St.(6'2",192)
[Something about this guy reminds me of Xavien. Imagine having two of these corners....man.]

5.)Daylon Mack, DL out of Texas A&M(6'1",334)
[Doubling down on both sides of the line is almost a given at this point. Gotta be bad enough to lose, but have pieces in place for what we're going for. I think Mack can add solid snaps in limited snaps counts on early downs. Should be a nice pair with Wilkins.]

6.)Justin Hollins, OLB out of Oregon(6'5",248)
[Watched a few Oregon games last year and this guy was always flying around the screen. If he can stick on ST, he can definitely make the roster given the circumstances...]

6b.)Gardner Minshew II, QB out of Washington St.(6'1",225)
[I really dont see the Dolphins drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds or so. The amount of talent outside of QB is greater than the value we get and the type of QB we need. Maybe Minshew can be a success story, we'll have to wait and see.)

7.)Tony Pollard, RB out of Memphis(6'0",210)
[I think Pollatd would mesh nicely with Vallage and Kenyan. We dont really have 3rd back at the moment so, again....another selection that has a shot at sticking.]

Really we can randomly select BPA in every round for the next 2 yearswith a awful roster like this.
Solid draft but there's no way we go thru this draft and not draft a DE.....as of right now our starting DE's would be Harris and who the heck knows?
I like your first two picks but if we do that then our 3rd and 4th picks would have to be a pair of DE's.

Back
Top Bottom