Backup DT/NT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Backup DT/NT

Sieler and Davis could both be gone after this season as well, so depth is needed long term at the interior of the DL.

The UDFA Pili could help and I agree that we will likely see a late addition there from guys who are still out there or yet to be released once TC gets going.
We will definitely resign Sieler, not so sure about RD.

Well teams sometimes use the running game as a strategy to use the clock and keep high powered offenses off the field.
That does happen with teams that have very good defenses, but even then there comes a point, when they are down by multiple scores, it becomes untenable as a strategy.

A bunch of former Dolphins early on that list.

No. 49 made me laugh, WTF?

Matt Ioaniddis could fit the bill. Been around a while, made a lot of money and now could accept being a backup on the best defense in the league? Guessing he’s waiting for offers closer to the $6M range that he’s been making for a few years now. I’d do $2M with incentives.

We’ll probably make a couple signings after June 1st.

Cameron Fleming coming in pretty high on the rankings there at 5.

And I thought Tindall was supposed to help against the running QB.
I remember in one game I saw him assigned to the QB as he was waiting 5-10 yards behind the middle of the line. I didn't notice that in any other game.

While stat wise our run defense looked good last year any QB who could run did on us last year meaning we need a good run defense while covering the opposing passing offense

That does happen with teams that have very good defenses, but even then there comes a point, when they are down by multiple scores, it becomes untenable as a strategy.
See the Titans.

While stat wise our run defense looked good last year any QB who could run did on us last year meaning we need a good run defense while covering the opposing passing offense
That situation should be somewhat mitigated just by playing more zone coverage.

Actually, last season our run D, aside from "running" QBs which negatively affect most defenses, was among the top of the league.
I was thinking the same thing. Our run defense looked strong last year unless a QB was racking up scrambling yards on us.

But I agree we need more depth here.

Hicks is indeed an intriguing player. Haven’t heard his name in awhile but he was damn good for a long time

Back
Top Bottom