Backup QB rumors IN FLA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Backup QB rumors IN FLA

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
With Mark Brunell set to be released prior to March 1, the Jags would need some other insurance plan before they traded Garrard. However, Jacksonville has had success dealing backup quarterbacks beforeâ€â€parlaying Rob Johnson into a draft pick that became Fred Taylor in 1998â€â€so they haven’t completely ruled out a trade. Don’t expect Jack Del Rio to head into the season without an insurance policy, however; the Jags could potentially sign a veteran like Brian Griese, Jay Fiedler, or even potentially soon-to-be-ex-Buc Brad Johnson as Leftwich’s backup.

Jaguars: Bucs interested in Garrard

How ironic would that be if Jay Fiedler went back to Jacksonville to be.....back-up again?

As long as we a competent QB, I'm fine...we don't need him to win, just be consistent and hit the receiver when need be..

Why would the Jaguars want to get rid of Garrard? I thought that guy was supposed to be a stud.

Does anybody remember what Brad Johnson did the one year he was in a Norv Turner offense?

What's up with the Bucs?

You throw a couple of picks and all of sudden you're garbage?

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Why would the Jaguars want to get rid of Garrard? I thought that guy was supposed to be a stud.
because Leftwich is young and a stud as well, i.e. they w/do to get the pick(s) from TB

Why don't we have a meeting in orlando with all three teams. We'll put our personell and draft positions together and try to make 3 good teams.

We'll Take Brunell and Johnson. Bucs take Garrard, and the Jags can have Greise and Fiedler.

We'll Take Keyshawn, the bucs get McNight, and the Jags can have thompson.

On and on and on....

Originally posted by ZOD
Does anybody remember what Brad Johnson did the one year he was in a Norv Turner offense?

What's up with the Bucs?

You throw a couple of picks and all of sudden you're garbage?

Not the same guy, the west coast O has ruined him. I'm not sure he'd be comfortable waiting a little longer to throw down field. I think he can still the bomb..but he needs plenty of protection.

but he needs plenty of protection

you hit it right on the head mdfinfan... protection is something we just do not have right now... of course neither does TB!

Back
Top Bottom