Bad News for Fins Fans - Patriots Making Run at Peppers?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad News for Fins Fans - Patriots Making Run at Peppers??

putter1013

Active Roster
Reaction score
pixel-1.gif
left_corner_player_news-1.gif
CAR-1.gif
Julius Peppers-DL-PanthersMar. 1 - 11:58 am et
right_corner_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
Panthers beat writer Darin Gantt suggests that the Patriots might be clearing cap room with an eye on making a run at Carolina franchise player Julius Peppers.
Gantt admits it's a conspiracy theory, but notes that New England gained considerable space with Saturday's Matt Cassel trade. Peppers wants to play OLB in a 3-4 and the Pats need one of those after trading Mike Vrabel. The Pats have ample ammo with the 23rd, 34th, 47th and 58th picks in the draft.
Source: Rock Hill Herald

It will not matter because no matter what side he plays Jake and Vernon will give him hell!

This would be the only bad news thus far in FA .... maybe we'd get lucky and he'd pull a hammy !

I don't want the competition signing any impact players ... and thus far, Bart Scott is not an impact player.

I don't know if I buy that. Not typical of NE to give away a bunch of picks to get a player like that. I would think they'd have to give up a bunch of those picks to get him. While that makes them better this next year, it hurts them in the long run without those picks. I just don't see it really happening though.

There may be interest, but I don't see it happening.

The Pats will make it a priority to lock up Wilfork and Mankins to longterm deals.

Did there FA last year make them better? They were suppose to be all world but they were completely lost on the wildcat.

Peppers would only give us more ability in the draft to get the players we need. They will start looking for more DB's should they get Peppers...
Well, they will do that anyways but...dont see it happening. sounds like reporter BS.

Back
Top Bottom