Bad News for Patsies | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad News for Patsies

kasaba13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I read an article in today's Boston Globe that painted a less than rosey picture for the Pats future. Basically, Woody was very critical of the way the Pats organization treats their players. Sounds like their isn't a good feel by the players on the team that the organization will take care of them. Both the Milloy and Law case were mentioned. Then they had a quote with an AFC personnel guy who knew Belichek well. He basically said that there is absolutely no way that this won't bite them in the a$$ in the coming years. It was all quite negative about our hated Patsies which was quite refreshing.

Of course, some arrogant Patsies fan will come on here and claim how Belichek is God and they will win forever. The truth is, they had better have enjoyed the hell out of their Superbowls because it could come crashing down real bad.

Would love to see that smirk wiped off Brady's face...what's the URL for the article?

The bottom line is Belichek has 2 super bowls with the pats.
I would rather have a coach like Belichek then Wanny any day.

Unfortunately, no URL. I live up here in crappy New England so I just read it out of the paper. I checked the Boston Globe website but didn't see the article.

They will fall apart......you must reward those players that get you to the promise land.......

What they have done to Law is downright moronic.....

They offered to make him the 6th highest paid CB....can you imagine?

Oh, I agree with you about that 4th and 10 but I just hope that is the end of the Superbowls. I would love to see that team rocked dy dissension and scandal. That would rule!

Originally posted by kasaba13
I read an article in today's Boston Globe that painted a less than rosey picture for the Pats future. Basically, Woody was very critical of the way the Pats organization treats their players. Sounds like their isn't a good feel by the players on the team that the organization will take care of them. Both the Milloy and Law case were mentioned. Then they had a quote with an AFC personnel guy who knew Belichek well. He basically said that there is absolutely no way that this won't bite them in the a$$ in the coming years. It was all quite negative about our hated Patsies which was quite refreshing.

Of course, some arrogant Patsies fan will come on here and claim how Belichek is God and they will win forever. The truth is, they had better have enjoyed the hell out of their Superbowls because it could come crashing down real bad.

Reading a Ron Borges article, and taking an ounce of truth from it, now that's funny. He is the most hated sportswriter in New England. The players and coaches won't talk to him, so he hates the organization, and thinly veils his contempt through his columns.

**** guys i couldnt disagree with u guys more...This superbowl team that lost a guard that was easily replaced and safety that was easily replaced has 2 firsts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd and 2 4ths in this years draft!!!!! Law will end up being happy with something, and then they got all these picks to reload with plus roosevelt colvin coming back...And yes they do have a killer coaching staff that actually change both their defensive and offensive game plans for each game..(man that sounds so alien to me somehow)

I don't think the Pats have any big free agents coming up so I don't think this will really affect the Patriots because of their style of offense & defense. Look at their offense, only average players at every position & a short passing scheme that keeps them in games.

They gave Law a RECORD BREAKING contract for a corner back like 5 years ago and that contract was only surpassed THIS WEEK!

Law is the wrong side of 30 for another MEGA contract. He wants to hit the jackpot again and there is nothing wrong with that, but if I am running a team I don't give a 30-odd year old CB a HUGE contract with lots of guarentees, it is not in the best interest of your franchise for the future.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
They gave Law a RECORD BREAKING contract for a corner back like 5 years ago and that contract was only surpassed THIS WEEK!

Law is the wrong side of 30 for another MEGA contract. He wants to hit the jackpot again and there is nothing wrong with that, but if I am running a team I don't give a 30-odd year old CB a HUGE contract with lots of guarentees, it is not in the best interest of your franchise for the future.

I agree, but don't you think that it is an insult to offer Law an extension that essentially is a pay cut?

I know I would be insulted.

Everyone is different and it might be an insult, I wouldn't know, I'm not in line to make millions either way the coin is flipped.

All I know is that if I was Law I'd try to break the bank, but if I was Pioli(is he the GM?) I'd rather trade him then give him the bank.

Double edged sword, he is going to be paid a BOAT LOAD no matter where he plays, that includes New England where he is being "lowballed"......I haven't seen any number so I can't really comment too much.

Originally posted by Section126

I agree, but don't you think that it is an insult to offer Law an extension that essentially is a pay cut?

I know I would be insulted.

Law wants more money than Champ Bailey. I don't think that's reasonable. I think the Pats will try to trade him on draft day or ride out the contract one last year.

Law just wants to maintain his current deal rather than take a pay cut. That is the big issue. On the Ron Borges thing. of course I know all Boston sports writers are ****y jerks. It matches the people who live in New England for the most part. What you need to do is read the quotes and get the facts. The fact is that Woody trashed his former team. If nothing else, I find that enjoyable!

Belichick had the exact same M.O. in Cleveland...where he was openly called the worst thing that ever happened to the Cleveland franchise back when he was about to be fired. His M.O. was pissing off veterans and driving them away from the team, not taking care of people that produce etc. In cleveland it certainly bit him in the @ss. So far with the Pats he's had some really great drafts and as long as he continues to do that he'll continue to have success, but you can't always count on doing so well in the draft I think.

Back
Top Bottom