Bad news for those that want Brees. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bad news for those that want Brees.

TAK

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9264898

Basically Rogers won't get paid his $11.75 million roster bonus since he didn't reach his playing incentives for the year. So now they have that money added on to the money they can use to pursue Brees. Not a good thing for us at all. Seems he won't be the number one here come August barring some type of miracle.

No offense to the Lions, but they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. If Brees wants a chance at greatness, he'll come here.

imo this dont effect miami chances of getting brees, Brees would rather play for miami over lions and miami can probably match what the lions pay him

SweetLou said:
No offense to the Lions, but they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. If Brees wants a chance at greatness, he'll come here.
Ya but some players go for the money especially if it is a ton of money.

I hope he comes here though.

The only thing Detroit would be able to offer over Miami would be money. Detroit does not offer success, while Miami has been just on the edge of playoff success for five years.

In addition, Miami has a better line, better wide receivers, and a better running game. Basically, even without the playoffs, Brees would do better in Miami.

It goes without saying that Miami has nicer weather and is a better all-around city than Detroit.

Listen to me SPEAKING LOUDLY. The Lions have stated that they have their quarterback and his name is Joey hard to believe but they said it.

Why would it take a miracle?

I understand that we have more competition for him now, but we will still have the money to pay him. It's not like he was going to work for food if Detroit didn't have cash.

If we want him we can afford him, doesn't matter much what Detroit does. Unless he's dying to play in Michigan.

The only real impact of this is that Detroit bidding may increase the price a bit. But the price really isn't that flexible. No worries.

TAK said:
Ya but some players go for the money especially if it is a ton of money.

I hope he comes here though.
but some players rather get 1 mill less and get that superbowl ring

Going to the Lions is career suicide............

If Brees wants to got to the Lions....so be it....That means Cutler more than likely falls to us in the draft! Which is more than fine to me!

but saban wont pay him what detroit will. nowhere close. And it doesnt look like culpepper is budging from minn either. nor mcnair from tenn.

I will cry if Brees choses Detroit over Miami.:boohoo:

LoneWulF said:
but saban wont pay him what detroit will. nowhere close.

What on earth makes you say that?

Saban has given no indication at all that he is unwilling to pay a franchise quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom