Baker top receiver in europe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker top receiver in europe

corona683

Active Roster
Reaction score
baker leads the league w/342 rec' yds & ranks 2nd w/a 7.8 average on punt returns... not bad for a 5th rec'v or special teams ?????

yeah but you have to remember this is nfl europe. he will be nothing in the big leagues. thats why he is over there. once in a while a star emerges.

Your numbers are outdated! Baker has 384 receiving yards and is #2 in this category (M. Hatchette is leading with 440 yards). In his last game, Baker had only 1 catch, but this lead to an 43 yard TD, where he made look the defending cornerback really awful (could be their #3 corner though). In receptions (21) Baker is only number 8 in the league. Nevertheless I think he should get a chance to make the team and compete for the #5 WR-Spot. He's one of the best receivers in NFLE, for sure.

Originally posted by Germandolfan
Your numbers are outdated! Baker has 384 receiving yards and is #2 in this category (M. Hatchette is leading with 440 yards). In his last game, Baker had only 1 catch, but this lead to an 43 yard TD, where he made look the defending cornerback really awful (could be their #3 corner though). In receptions (21) Baker is only number 8 in the league. Nevertheless I think he should get a chance to make the team and compete for the #5 WR-Spot. He's one of the best receivers in NFLE, for sure.

hatchette......if that isn't a warning sign of the NFLE then nothing is.

Maybe you guys are interested how Baker performs in NFLE, so here is the update. In todays game he had 2 catches for 23 yards, avg 11.5, longest 19, 1 TD on a 4 yard pass. Not too impressive, but here it comes: He had 3 Punt Returns for 107 yards, longest 91, which lead to a TD. No kickoff returns. Btw Galaxy lost 24-27. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should try him on special teams!

Originally posted by WharfRat
Germandolphan,

You are in Munich?
My brother is in Taufkirchen, he works in Munich. Small world!

Not really in Munich, in a small town about 10 km north of it. But I know Taufkirchen. Tell your brother, he's not alone in this region rooting for the Fins! And I can tell you one thing, Dolfans in this region are becoming more and more! I have 2 german friends, that haven't been interested in football and the Fins actually, but then they saw our team play. Now they proudly wear their Ricky jerseys. Sometimes I'm jealous, because I only have Dan The Man's Jersey, but I ordered J. Taylors and Zachs. I'm looking forward to pay big bucks for customs duty:D But to wear these jerseys here makes me very proud.
We are a little off-topic now :D, therefore back to Baker. In the last games, he didn't perform as I first thought. Right now, Marc Lester of the Ravens is the go-to-guy. But I hope this will change, because Lester dropped more passes then Baker in this season.
Go Fins!

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, be wary. Dolphins already had a Wide Reciever kick a lot of butt in Europe. THe only CB that could come close to stopping this guy was Larrimore. That wide reciever was Jeff Ogden. The Randy Moss of NFLE.

Baker and Newson are there for a reason. We'll carry 5 wr's and one of them will be the return guy. If baker wants to make our team, he'll have to beat Rodgers for the return spot cos the other 4 will be CC,THOPMSON,Mcnight and Tolver!!

I was watching the Dragons at Berlin game today and some guy was wearing a 81 jersey.They held the camera on him for a while. I hope Randy was watching........I wore my tivo out trying to see if Williams is really that good.Still Not Shur Bout That......Dragons O-Line just plan sucked.Troy Andrew is on that line :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Germandolfan
Maybe you guys are interested how Baker performs in NFLE, so here is the update. In todays game he had 2 catches for 23 yards, avg 11.5, longest 19, 1 TD on a 4 yard pass. Not too impressive, but here it comes: He had 3 Punt Returns for 107 yards, longest 91, which lead to a TD. No kickoff returns. Btw Galaxy lost 24-27. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should try him on special teams!

why is everyone so whatever over robert baker? lets get on with it shall we?

Originally posted by brofin
I was watching the Dragons at Berlin game today and some guy was wearing a 81 jersey.They held the camera on him for a while. I hope Randy was watching........I wore my tivo out trying to see if Williams is really that good.Still Not Shur Bout That......Dragons O-Line just plan sucked.Troy Andrew is on that line :rolleyes:

I also watched the Barcelona/Berlin game myself.. Lamanzer Williams looks superior to the other guys.. Didn't know if he was just that good or if the competition was horrible.. I watched Lamanzer Williams and Josh Symonette evry time Berlin was on defense... Lamanzer ended up with 1 1/2 sacks in the game and about 10 hurries.. Not official just my guess.. Symonette loked real quick and little.. He's only 5'10" but you could tell he was allocated by Miami because he was all over the field but I don't think he'll do anything with Miami.. Sedrick Irvin was in the game as well, the RB for Barcelona, he didnt really stand out but he had a 10+ yard run and I noticed the Dolphin symbol on his chest.. Nothing impressive but it was good to watch some football..:D

HOORAH:drinker:

Back
Top Bottom