Baltimore loss = Miami gain? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baltimore loss = Miami gain?

Re: Re: Ricky was a great trade

Originally posted by KBISBACK

Neither one has a track record because neither one has had final say in the draft. The advantage that Spielman has is that he has done what a GM does, but he just hasn't had the final say.

If Spielman is the one hired, do you really think he would really have the "final say" ??

I have no doubts that the new GM will have final say on free agent signings, the draft, or anything else to do with player personnel.

What I don't think the new GM will have is the ability to hire and fire the head coach.

What makes anyone think that Savage or Ruskell would get the final say on all deals if they think Spielman wouldn't get it?

All three guys are Directors of Player Personnel. Phil Savage has held that position for one year. Tim Ruskell has held that position for one year, but he has acted as an interim GM over the past month. Rick Spielman has held that position for 4 years.

No one will ever know how different things would have been if Rick had final say, but I'm not willing to pass over a good candidate because the fans think that there really won't be a change if it happens.

With that said, Randy Mueller would still be my choice because he is the only candidate with extensive GM experience.

Anyone associated with Ozzie Newsome...

...is Aces with me. Ozzie knows talent and Phil is one of his decipels. If Savage turns out to be half the GM Newsome is, we'll be sending home grown talent to Honolulu every year AND NOT JUST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS!

Ya Ozzie Newsome is fantastic indeed.

If we could get him here wow.

Darryl Gardener is one of the best DT's to ever play here. He was one of our better selections in the last 15 years.

I'm shocked someone would use him as an example.

As a side note to your "genius" pick of Troy Vincent, Miami wanted Buckley DESPERATELY but he went one pick before to GB. Kind of shows you sometimes you get lucky someone takes the guy you liked before you do.

daryl gardener was not worth the price we paid for him and the attitude he brought with him...

any word on if we are even planning on talking to savage?

I havne't heard any word...

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
daryl gardener was not worth the price we paid for him and the attitude he brought with him...

any word on if we are even planning on talking to savage?

...on bringing in Savage to this point. I'm hoping to read an article or two from the papers tomorrow morning that Miami intends to bring him in. Quick GM search overview thus far:

Wolf declines to be interviewed
Modrak is playing the runaround
So far we've interviewed two people and one of them was Spielman. I'm concerned that we'll drop the ball on this one. C'mon Eddie Jones, time to earn your pay, get Phil Savage in for an interview and soon!

Noone said anything about DG being "worth" the money or not.

They said he wasn't a good pick. He was a GREAT pick and because he turned out to have attitude problems later on in his career and you feel he was overpaid does nothing to dispute that.

Man, people crack me up. They get this idea in their head about someone and it completely clouds any and all accomplishments that person has ever had. He was a jerk one year and all of a sudden, "I hated DG" and "He was not worth the money"

When in fact when his back was healthy (which he hurt playing for our beloved Phins) he was one of the best, if not the best, DT in the game.

We know nothing about who these GM's are personally and what their actual philosophies really are. Let's let the FO make the decisions when all we know about people are their draft and FA records.

Back
Top Bottom