'Bama in AP's top 10; PSU back for first time since '02 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Bama in AP's top 10; PSU back for first time since '02

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Penn State is back and Alabama is moving up in The Associated Press Top 25.

The 16th-ranked Nittany Lions moved into the rankings Sunday for the first time since the final media poll of the 2002 season. The Crimson Tide jumped eight places to No. 7, its highest ranking since being third in the Sept. 3, '00 poll.

The top three spots were unchanged. Southern California, with 24 straight polls at No. 1, again received 59 first-place votes and the other six went to No. 2 Texas. Virginia Tech is No. 3 and Florida State is up to No. 4 with Georgia at No. 5 and Ohio State at No. 6.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/10/02/top25.ap/index.html

I like seeing the traditional big programs back among the ranked teams.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Great and UTenn is ahead of the Gators now, stupid polls

hey , speaking of such things, did you guys get the correct specie on your yearbook this year?

i think cnc had that one stored up his sleeve for a while now

hopefully bama and penn state can continue to be highly ranked teams

Alabama looked awfully good against Florida, especially Croyle. If it wasn't for his history of injury, he might be considered a late first round pick.

kastofsna120 said:
hopefully bama and penn state can continue to be highly ranked teams

As an Alabama fan who wants to see Paterno have a chance to go out with a shred of dignity, I hope so too.

No doubt after how Bama dismantled the Gators they deserve this ranking. Also Penn St. (one of my 3 favorite college football teams, YES 3!) is deserving with a ranking. If they beat Ohio St. it's on!

It's good to see Paterno actually winning, if he keeps it up he should retire this year.

Back
Top Bottom