Banks Says Bills More Likely to Oust Pats than the Jets! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Banks Says Bills More Likely to Oust Pats than the Jets!

Not Houston who finally made the playoffs after he got hurt and couldn't play.
I do find it strange that Buffalo is a sudden playoff contending team after years of doing nothing but at this point it's pretty irrelevant. If they go out and get a playoff spot fine. Kudos to them. Right now this is just nothing more than the media picking a team they think will make the jump. Happens every year.

You might try reading the entire article. Banks had some very valid criticisms of the Jets that you refuse to acknowledge might be problems. He also pointed out that the Bills took other steps to improve beside signing Mario Williams.

As for Ryan being a "better coach" than Chan Gailey, that's debatable. He's had a better record with the Jets primarily because he inherited a better team than Gailey did, and don't even try to deny that. He didn't do so well last season when he didn't have as much talent on his team as in years past.

You can make all the excuses about why Ryan was clueless about the locker room rift that developed last season, but it's the HC job to know what's going on with his team, all parts of it not just the defense or the offense, and to deal with the problem. OTOH, Chan Gailey moved pre-emptively in 2010 to quash any kind of QB controversy/locker room split when he named Fitzpatrick the starter over Edwards: Edwards was released.

I'm not sure that hiring Tony Sparano as OC = "better" coaching, either, as Sparano has never been an OC. Calling plays for a few games in one stretch of a season does NOT an offensive coordinator make. There's a lot more to the job, and the fact that the Jets were talking about bringing in Todd Haley at one point to be a "co-coordinator" for the passing game raises questions about Sparano's qualifications and ability. Well, good thing that idea fell through, as it appears the Jets are considering abandoning the modern NFL game to run some kind of platoon system with Sanchez and Tebow -- at least according to Rex Ryan. :rolleyes2:

The Bills, in contrast, replaced their DC with Dave Wannstadt, who brings a wealth of experience as a sucessful defensive coordinator to the team. The Bills also added the innovative and well-respected QB coach David Lee, who introduced the latest version of the wildcat into the NFL in 2008 in Miami, and who helped Matt Moore improve last season.

As for the Jets being more "talented" than the Bills in 2012, that's also debatable. The 2009-2010 Jets had a dominant defense, offense line, and running game that carried them into and through the playoffs. That dominance was eroded in 2011. The defense was still good but not dominant. The OL play was mediocre, partly because the quality of the personnel declined as Pro Bowl caliber linemen left and were replaced with journeymen or backups. OL depth was nonexistent because of injury and the failure of younger players to step up. Finally the Jets 2011 running game stunk it up. They were 29th in YPC. Shonn Greene was uninspiring as the supposed featured RB. What, exactly, has changed for the better, talent-wise, on the Jets for 2012 in these key areas with the exception of adding Coples through the draft?

The Bills have significantly raised the talent level on their team every year since Buddy Nix took over in 2010. They have had a plan and have gone about it in a very business-like way. The Bills prefer younger FAs, even street FAs, rather than older, big name vets past their prime, so a lot of the Bills aren't well known. Yes, the Bills made a big splash in FA by signing Mario Williams and then Mark Anderson -- actually their first big FA signings in three years -- but it's putting Super Mario on the same DL with Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus, and Mark Anderson that gets Bills fans and other observers excited; that's a formidable DL.

On the other side of the ball, the Bills have one of the best 1-2 RB combos in the NFL. If their young OTs (Hairston, Glenn, Sanders) can come through, they may be able to run successfully out of pro sets rather than just out spread formations, meaning that they would certainly be able to "ground and pound" better than the Jets if they chose to do so. Oh, yeah, and they recently signed Vince Young to compete for the backup QB and/or wildcat QB position.

Match up the Jets and Bills, and the talent levels are fairly even, although, admittedly, the Jets do have more guys with bigger names and bigger contracts.

He wrote 2 paragrpahs, his thing was about LR chemistry agin which is completely overblown b/c they faded late.

How is Ryan vs. Gailey debateable? Gailey ZERO playoff wins, Ryan 4 in less years as a HC. head to head? 4 to ZERO for Rex's team.

Rex inherited a 9 win team that wasn't nearly as good as a real 9 win team, we all faced creampuff scheds in 2008 to fatten our records. Rex then led a team w/ a rookie QB to the conf title game, in year 2 he led a 2nd year QB(who you guys think sucks) to a conf title game.

Gailey inherited a 6 win team from 2009 and won 4 and 6 his first 2 seasons. Gailey as Dallas HC lost a playoff game at home to the jake Plummer led Cardinals who hadn't won a playoff game since 1947 and a team Dallas swept in the reg season that would get humiliated just a week later at Minnesota.

When I say better coached I'm mostly talking about Rex vs. gailey which is no contest. gailey is a good assistant but he lacks something as a HC.

Wannstedt is a good DC
What has David lee ever done? outside of the WC in 2008

How did David lee help Matt Moore last year when he wasn't coaching in Miami?

as far as talent?

QBs: edge Jets
RBs: edge Bills
TE: edge Jets
OL: edge Jets
WRs: even
DL: edge Bills
LBs: edge Jets
DBs: edge Jets
K/P: edge Bug
STs returns/coverage: edge Jets
winning experience: edge Jets

Homerism, like love, is obviously blind. I doubt there's a worse QB duo in the NFL than Sanchez-Tebow. :lol: Sanchez is a mediocre starter at best, and Tebow can't even give a reasonable imitation of an NFL passer. :sidelol:

Homerism, like love, is obviously blind. I doubt there's a worse QB duo in the NFL than Sanchez-Tebow. :lol: Sanchez is a mediocre starter at best, and Tebow can't even give a reasonable imitation of an NFL passer. :sidelol:

That mediocre starter is better than your starter. As "bad" as Sanchez was last year he threw more TDs, less INTs, led his O to more pts and led his team to more wins than the great Fitz. You may want to look in the mirror when discussing homerism. Our backup has more playoff wins as a starter than the Bills organization since 1996.

Isn't debating San-Bow vs Fitzpatrick kinda like debating which chick has the uglier face? It doesn't really matter because both of them are staying home alone on Saturday nights.

The difference between a wise man & fool is; the wise man knows when not to comment.

fortunecookies-1.jpg

On paper, the Bills have made pretty good improvement over the last couple of years and were playing well prior to being hit hard by injuries last year. But I don't believe in Fitzpatrick nor do I see them doing anything significant without upgrading at QB. That said, IMO I see no reason why the Bills won't finish ahead of the Jets but they are not going to over take the Pats any time soon.

Isn't debating San-Bow vs Fitzpatrick kinda like debating which chick has the uglier face? It doesn't really matter because both of them are staying home alone on Saturday nights.

"Chicks".. I don't know, sometimes I don't even notice the face. Cross eyed Mary could get the thumbs up over her more attractive rival depending on the anatomy. I'll add likeability as opposed to horrible, dumb person comes into the equation.

As for Sanchez and Fitzpatrick, It's too early to talk in a new season. I think both have more chance of improving and being successful with their different systems and coaches than of taking steps back this year. Same with Matt Moore if he gets some help.

On paper, the Bills have made pretty good improvement over the last couple of years and were playing well prior to being hit hard by injuries last year. But I don't believe in Fitzpatrick nor do I see them doing anything significant without upgrading at QB. That said, IMO I see no reason why the Bills won't finish ahead of the Jets but they are not going to over take the Pats any time soon.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, Jet fans like oldjunc have got their green glasses so thick this time of year that they may as well be playing Madden. I don't belive the Jets will get above 6 or 7 wins and can easily see it all falling apart with them ending up one of the very worst teams in football. As for the Bills, there's no reason they can't compete for second place in the division, but baring some major injuries no team in the AFC East is coming within 3 games of the Pats this season.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, Jet fans like oldjunc have got their green glasses so thick this time of year that they may as well be playing Madden. I don't belive the Jets will get above 6 or 7 wins and can easily see it all falling apart with them ending up one of the very worst teams in football. As for the Bills, there's no reason they can't compete for second place in the division, but baring some major injuries no team in the AFC East is coming within 3 games of the Pats this season.

I honestly hope the Bills improve as much on the field as they have on paper, but I'll reserve judgement. I think they should go at least 9-7 if they don't have key injuries. I don't think 10-6 is out of the question, but anything more will be difficult I think, but who knows; it's why they play the games.

I, too, have the feeling that the Jets may implode this season. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be in panic mode.
  • There seems to be no long-term vision for making the team better, just haphazard actions and reactions.
    [*=1]Hiring Sparano as the OC seems like simply hiring from the "failed Parcells pals club"; he's never been an OC.
    [*=1]The supposed "plan" to hire Todd Haley to run the passing offense seemed bizarre from the get-go.
    [*=1]Trading for Tebow literally just days after signing FA backup QB Drew Stanton also seems like a spur-of-the-moment decision.
  • Their FO did almost nothing to deal with the numerous Jets deficiencies from last season, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
    [*=1]FA SS LaRon Landry may not be ready to play, and neither Landry nor Bell are good in pass coverage.
    [*=1]The Jets still don't have a veteran FS on their roster.
    [*=1]They traded Stanton when he complained after they traded for Tebow.
    [*=1]In a draft that was deep OLers, they didn't take one until the 6th round despite questionable play last season and a serious lack of depth.
    [*=1]They still don't have a bonafide #2 WR.
  • They seem to be bent on strengthening the defense against the run but ignoring both the pass defense (as with their safeties) as well as the entire offense.
    [*=1]Ryan's claims that Tebow might be used for "as many as 20 plays a game" sounds like he's talking out of his anal orifice... again. Are they really going to use Tebow on punts or give him 1/3 of the offensive snaps? Isn't the job of the backup QB supposedly to be ready to take over for the starter in a pinch?
    [*=1]The Jets claim to want to "ground and pound" but they've done nothing to improve their running game which was 29th in YPC in 2011 except to hire Sparano and his OL coach, DeGuilemo (sp?), both of whom won't be missed in Miami.
    [*=1]Of course, with Tebow at QB, maybe the Jests will abandon the forward pass completely.
  • Apparently, players pretending to "make nice" means that the locker room issues from last season, caused primarily because of Sanchez's poor play especially down the stretch, were at least swept under the rug, enabling the Jests' FO to bring in even more controversy in the person of Tim Tebow. IMO, it's only a matter of time before Tebow replaces Sanchez and the Jests crash and burn.

Even in the Bills in their deepest, darkest hours have never been as dysfunctional and inept as the Jets have seemed to be over the course of this off season.

I honestly hope the Bills improve as much on the field as they have on paper, but I'll reserve judgement. I think they should go at least 9-7 if they don't have key injuries. I don't think 10-6 is out of the question, but anything more will be difficult I think, but who knows; it's why they play the games.

I, too, have the feeling that the Jets may implode this season. If I were a Jets fan, I'd be in panic mode.
  • There seems to be no long-term vision for making the team better, just haphazard actions and reactions.
    [*=1]Hiring Sparano as the OC seems like simply hiring from the "failed Parcells pals club"; he's never been an OC.
    [*=1]The supposed "plan" to hire Todd Haley to run the passing offense seemed bizarre from the get-go.
    [*=1]Trading for Tebow literally just days after signing FA backup QB Drew Stanton also seems like a spur-of-the-moment decision.
  • Their FO did almost nothing to deal with the numerous Jets deficiencies from last season, especially on the offensive side of the ball.
    [*=1]FA SS LaRon Landry may not be ready to play, and neither Landry nor Bell are good in pass coverage.
    [*=1]The Jets still don't have a veteran FS on their roster.
    [*=1]They traded Stanton when he complained after they traded for Tebow.
    [*=1]In a draft that was deep OLers, they didn't take one until the 6th round despite questionable play last season and a serious lack of depth.
    [*=1]They still don't have a bonafide #2 WR.
  • They seem to be bent on strengthening the defense against the run but ignoring both the pass defense (as with their safeties) as well as the entire offense.
    [*=1]Ryan's claims that Tebow might be used for "as many as 20 plays a game" sounds like he's talking out of his anal orifice... again. Are they really going to use Tebow on punts or give him 1/3 of the offensive snaps? Isn't the job of the backup QB supposedly to be ready to take over for the starter in a pinch?
    [*=1]The Jets claim to want to "ground and pound" but they've done nothing to improve their running game which was 29th in YPC in 2011 except to hire Sparano and his OL coach, DeGuilemo (sp?), both of whom won't be missed in Miami.
    [*=1]Of course, with Tebow at QB, maybe the Jests will abandon the forward pass completely.
  • Apparently, players pretending to "make nice" means that the locker room issues from last season, caused primarily because of Sanchez's poor play especially down the stretch, were at least swept under the rug, enabling the Jests' FO to bring in even more controversy in the person of Tim Tebow. IMO, it's only a matter of time before Tebow replaces Sanchez and the Jests crash and burn.

Even in the Bills in their deepest, darkest hours have never been as dysfunctional and inept as the Jets have seemed to be over the course of this off season.

sounds like a lot of hope from you and Jet haters everywhere.

The vision to hire Sparano was to go to a better protection scheme and more balanced offense in hopes of getting Samnchez back on track. They also extended Sanchez- this seems like a plan to me.

Todd Haley was just a rumor and speculation b/c in Dallas they did the same thing.

Tebow became available and he' a more versatile backup QB. This team does not stand pat, when they see a way to improve the team they go for it whether they are taking a risk or not.

The biggest problem on O was the healthy of the OL and Wayne Hunter. I think they assume their OL will be healthy and they have to make Hunter better- we'll see.

Smith can play Free and Leonhard is still very much an option.

They traded Stanton to keep their word, they told him they wouldn't bring in another QB. When Tebow became available things changed and to honor their word they traded him.

deep according to who?

We drafted a #2 WR in the 2nd rd and many had him graded as a 1st rounder.

How was drafting Coples ignoring pass defense? how was drafting Davis ignoring pass defense? or the 2 safeties? we have the best pair of corners in the game, we need help rushing the passer(Coples helps there along w/ a 2nd year mo Wilkerson) and covering backs and TEs(Davis helps there but we still need a coverage S).

Rex said as many as 20 snaps per game, that doesn't mean he will be getting 20 a game and he will be getting them in a variety of ways- WC, as a RB, H Back, on STs.

Tony and the OL coach helped make Reggie Bush look like a quality NFL RB so I think that will help and again the biggest problem was health of the OL.

Pretending? by flying down to Florida and working out together that was pretending? the problem is the LR issues were overblown, the team disappointed and players were pissed. I would have been more upset if they went out w/o a whimper like Buffalo.

Buf hasn't been as dysfuntional or as successful in a LONG time. I love that Bills think they signed Reggie White this offseason and that all their problems are solved.

bills are always terrible, and the jets are overrated, Fins go 10-6 and grab a wildcard birth :)

Back
Top Bottom