Banned, but Bountiful: Marijuana Coveted by NFL Players as Invaluable Painkiller | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Banned, but Bountiful: Marijuana Coveted by NFL Players as Invaluable Painkiller

I was expecting 'because I grew up and started doing coke like an adult.' Seems like a missed opportunity. :lol:

The grogginess is real. I'll take a few weeks off every couple months for detoxifying purposes and I notice how much easier it is for me to get up in the morning. Never got the breathing issues/coughing thing ... maybe I'm lucky there. I also never got the paranoia thing but 90% of my friends who quit cite that as the reason. Started having kids, had a good job, etc and once they knew they had something to lose it just wasn't the same. I smoked with 2 of my friends the very last time they ever burned and they were getting up and looking out the window every 5 minutes like the cops were coming or something. I think that's more of the stigma attached to it, but I totally get it.

You'll be back one day when you're retired and the kids are out of the house ... perspective has a way of changing. Let me know. :lol:

I don't want to air all my dirty laundry, i'll just say my "adult" days are over too :lol:

I'm sure the breathing issues could be avoided if legalized edibles were available but Florida is not there yet. Before I quit, I was tapered down to smoking only a few times a month so I'm sure my intensity levels were raised leading to the paranoia. And like SOS said, the different strains could have attributed too. I'm an old timer so I was used to the garbage weed, the intense stuff was fairly new to me . The paranoia wasn't really a "looking over my shoulder" issue, more of a panic attack. Sounds stupid but I had a few bad episodes and my ex pretty much told me to retire :lol: My son has been out of the nest for about four years now so that's not a problem. Maybe one day I'll try some of the medical once it hits the streets.

Back
Top Bottom