Banned for Life at DD forum group.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Banned for Life at DD forum group..........

dolphans1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Banned for Life at DD forum Group......Now I swim here.....

Hey Guys and Gals,

This is my first post on this site and I am here because I was invited to by a friend from the old Dolfantalk board. The old Dolfantalk board was originally the old Dolphin Digest Moderators who broke off because of some old disagreements by some with the current regime there now.

The new moderators, who are CoolGuy3, Aquaman17n0 and MiamiVette are the current moderators of the Dolphin Digest Board.

Through the years the board has evolved into a clickish board where a fan no longer has a right to an "opinion" and a "pack" mentality has set in, in an effort to change the flow of the board and the thought process of individual posters.

To make things short and to the point, I received a lifetime ban from the Dolphin Digest (10-6-08) and the reason I was given was, "baiting" and being "disruptive". I did not receive a "fair trial" nor was I confronted by my accusers,,,,

I won't get into the specific facts, but it just seems fishy since I have posted there since early 1995 during the original board.

I do not agree with how the D.D. handled my situation, but there is nothing I can do to change it.

Anyway, the reason I mention all of this is to come clean with the group about my prior history and to let you know where I am coming from, and I also would like to be accepted into this group.

I could have changed by username and kept silent, but I did not believe that was the right thing to do.

Sincerely,

d-1

Hey Guys and Gals,

This is my first post on this site and I am here because I was invited to by a friend from the old Dolfantalk board. The old Dolfantalk board was originally the old Dolphin Digest Moderators who broke off because of some old disagreements by some with the current regime there now.

The new moderators, who are CoolGuy3, Aquaman17n0 and MiamiVette are the current moderators of the Dolphin Digest Board.

Through the years the board has evolved into a clickish board where a fan no longer has a right to an "opinion" and a "pack" mentality has set in, in an effort to change the flow of the board and the thought process of individual posters.

To make things short and to the point, I received a lifetime ban from the Dolphin Digest (10-6-08) and the reason I was given was, "baiting" and being "disruptive". I did not receive a "fair trial" nor was I confronted by my accusers,,,,

I won't get into the specific facts, but it just seems fishy since I have posted there since early 1995 during the original board.

I do not agree with how the D.D. handled my situation, but there is nothing I can do to change it.

Anyway, the reason I mention all of this is to come clean with the group about my prior history and to let you know where I am coming from, and I also would like to be accepted into this group.

I could have changed by username and kept silent, but I did not believe that was the right thing to do.

Sincerely,

d-1
Well I can't comment on how the DD board is as I haven't been there. So lets let bygones be bygones, talk about your Phins and enjoy yourself here. This is a site for the fans by the fans, and all opinions are welcome as long as they are givin within the rules. (be polite, discuss the post not the poster, common sense rules.) So Welcome aboard. :hi5:

Welcome aboard
clear.gif

Thanks I appreciate the welcome. I never understood how a board that was created and built by and for the fans would turn into a board to protect and honor a close inner circle of a few.

d-1

Thanks I appreciate the welcome. I never understood how a board that was created and built by and for the fans would turn into a board to protect and honor a close inner circle of a few.

d-1
Well why don't you dive on into the forums. :) you're in a happy place now. :up:

I am glad to be here, if you ever get a chance go there is see some of my posts. I posted over 6700 messages through the years, I felt I was alway respectful, but for some reason I rubbed certain people the wrong way.

Some other poster said they were having a contest to see how they could remove me. I can't imagine why they would go through all that trouble.

Anyway thanks again.....

Maybe fiinheaven is where all dolphins go in the end.....(lol)

d-1

Well why don't you dive on into the forums. :) you're in a happy place now. :up:

I know that feeling D1 i was banned from my college teams website because i dint pump sunshine and said the dline wasn't improved. and I too was at d.d. until they made it a pay site. anyways :hi5: welcome.

Yeah guys that is what is so troubling, we are raised as youngsters that what makes this country so great, is the right to free speech.

With the DD group, I think what happens is, since they are tied to the publication, they only want positive "spin" with regard to the team.

The moderators end up controlling the board through "shills" who chase every post you write discrediting everything you write and filing frivolous complaints against those they target.

The DD publication claims they don't control that site. that Scout is responsible, so in short, your lead around in a vicious circle chasing your own tail, where there is no accountability, due process or a fair check and balance system.

Personally I like to hear all sides and all views about my team.

In the past, I was not a fan of Fiedler, Wannstedt, Saban or Cameron and I caught a lot of grief because I was not being "supportive".

In turn they defined it as being "disruptive" and "baiting". In other words, they claim they know what my "intent" is , even though they aren't me.

I will no longer renew my subscription with the DD or Scout until they change their way of doing business.

d-1

Yeah guys that is what is so troubling, we are raised as youngsters that what makes this country so great, is the right to free speech.

With the DD group, I think what happens is, since they are tied to the publication, they only want positive "spin" with regard to the team.

The moderators end up controlling the board through "shills" who chase every post you write discrediting everything you write and filing frivolous complaints against those they target.

The DD publication claims they don't control that site. that Scout is responsible, so in short, your lead around in a vicious circle chasing your own tail, where there is no accountability, due process or a fair check and balance system.

Personally I like to hear all sides and all views about my team.

In the past, I was not a fan of Fiedler, Wannstedt, Saban or Cameron and I caught a lot of grief because I was not being "supportive".

In turn they defined it as being "disruptive" and "baiting". In other words, they claim they know what my "intent" is , even though they aren't me.

I will no longer renew my subscription with the DD or Scout until they change their way of doing business.

d-1
I won't lie I'd like everyone to "get along" but opinions will differ. When people have differing opinions its so easy for people to start baiting others and to turn an otherwise great debate into a hatefest. Often when we see someone reacting, we'll review the whole thread to see who started "it". Good rule of thumb, stay on topic and don't attack another poster and everything is cool around here. :up:

First and foremost, and I agree with you.

There is no such thing as baiting or being disruptive. (its a built in excuse created by the legal world, (BECAUSE WE HAVE A USA CONSTITUTION to protect us from such abuse.)

That's what makes the DOLPHIN Digest so ridiculous. How can an opinion be considered as baiting or disruptive??????????

What it it really sums up to is this , the Dolphins Digest is tied to selling subscriptions and they do not like people who offer or suggest crtiical opinions, and if you agree, that goes against the ethics of journalism.

I suggest that you do not renew your subscription to the D.D.

d-1

I won't lie I'd like everyone to "get along" but opinions will differ. When people have differing opinions its so easy for people to start baiting others and to turn an otherwise great debate into a hatefest. Often when we see someone reacting, we'll review the whole thread to see who started "it". Good rule of thumb, stay on topic and don't attack another poster and everything is cool around here. :up:

Hey Guys and Gals,

Sincerely,

d-1

Welcome... I think... Just kidding... :rolleyes2: I mean..., er..., uh..., opinions are fine but dude "the pack mentality" is everywhere... So don't be too sensitive there's plenty of good ribbing to go around

Hey Guys and Gals,

Sincerely,

d-1

ban this guy......he sounds like an instigator!

:banhim2::banhim2::banhim2:

Back
Top Bottom