Banned IP Adresses | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Banned IP Adresses

dolphan117

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Its not a big deal but I have been told twice that my IP adress has been baned when I left the computer for a while and then came back and tried to refresh the page. I just loged off of the net and then reconected and that fixed it so like I said its not a big deal. I just wondered, what makes it do that? I noticed earler today another poster said it had happened to him too.

dolphan117 said:
Its not a big deal but I have been told twice that my IP adress has been baned when I left the computer for a while and then came back and tried to refresh the page. I just loged off of the net and then reconected and that fixed it so like I said its not a big deal. I just wondered, what makes it do that? I noticed earler today another poster said it had happened to him too.
I'm pretty sure it's the Devil that did it, but I'll let you know if otherwise.:D

dolphan117 said:

If you use aol as your ISP, then theres your answer, aol gives new ip when reconnected to the net, which in return recycles IP address and gives you chance of getting a banned one. If aol isn't your connection to the net, you may want to check your internet opts. and see if the problem with your connection could be causing the problem you have.

Phinz1972 said:
If you use aol as your ISP, then theres your answer, aol gives new ip when reconnected to the net, which in return recycles IP address and gives you chance of getting a banned one. If aol isn't your connection to the net, you may want to check your internet opts. and see if the problem with your connection could be causing the problem you have.

I dont use AOL. The thing about it is that I was online for a while posting on finheaven, got up and came back later only to be told my IP adress had been baned. The first time it happened I was afraid somone else had loged on as me and got me Banned.

dolphan117 said:
I dont use AOL. The thing about it is that I was online for a while posting on finheaven, got up and came back later only to be told my IP adress had been baned. The first time it happened I was afraid somone else had loged on as me and got me Banned.

using broadband(dsl or cable modem) or dialup connection?

dolphan117 said:

How many usernames do you have with FH?

Phinz1972 said:

we generally don't IP ban AOL users, because that would wipe out about 500 other members too... there are other ways of dealing with AOLers...

as for this issue... I'm not sure what the deal is without more info. ;)

Phinz1972 said:
using broadband(dsl or cable modem) or dialup connection?

Dialup.
NaboCane said:
How many usernames do you have with FH?

Just this one.
Like I said its not a big deal but I thought I would just see if anyone knew what the deal was.

dolphan117 said:
Dialup.

Just this one.
Like I said its not a big deal but I thought I would just see if anyone knew what the deal was.

The IP address you're posting with NOW is not on the banned list... however, by using dialup...it changes everytime you sign in... the IP you had when you posted above, has also been used by 6 other members (none of which are banned to my knowledge)... however, the next time you dial in... you may obtain an IP address that was banned at one time because of another member... and when that IP was blaklisted, we probably didn't realize it was a shared IP address....
unfortunately there's not much I can tell you to do, other than what you've been doing... you've posted with too many IPs for me to go through them all and find the one that's blacklisted (which is exactly why we generally don't IP ban AOL users) IF (and that's a big if) I can figure out which IP address it is... I'll take it off the black list... but I can't make any promises. ;)

WharfRat said:
The IP address you're posting with NOW is not on the banned list... however, by using dialup...it changes everytime you sign in... the IP you had when you posted above, has also been used by 6 other members (none of which are banned to my knowledge)... however, the next time you dial in... you may obtain an IP address that was banned at one time because of another member... and when that IP was blaklisted, we probably didn't realize it was a shared IP address....
unfortunately there's not much I can tell you to do, other than what you've been doing... you've posted with too many IPs for me to go through them all and find the one that's blacklisted (which is exactly why we generally don't IP ban AOL users) IF (and that's a big if) I can figure out which IP address it is... I'll take it off the black list... but I can't make any promises. ;)
Wow, that is crazy. I never knew dialup did that.

WharfRat said:

Thanks for taking the time to check this out Warf, I was more curious than anything and my curiousity has now been satisfied. ;) If it happens again I will just log off and reconect.

Back
Top Bottom