banner here is a hijacker site | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

banner here is a hijacker site

shula_guy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have redirected to this URL a few times now. I did not click on any banner it just took there. I know this site and it attempts to hijack and phish your computer. somebody should look into blocking it from the site.

[admin]Link removed for safety[/admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the link from your thread so people don't accidentally click on it. We will look into it, but unless other people are having a problem, it sounds to me like your web browser has been hacked. It happened to my old computer a few years back. You go to a website and it automatically redirects you without clicking on it. I bet if you Google something and click a result, it won't take you to the result page, it will redirect you.

Again, we will look into it, but most likely you have a hijacked browser.

Sounds like spyware to me. I'd recommend downloading a free spyware remover and scanning your computer. Malwarebytes and Super AntiSpyware are two very good ones. if that doesn't work, and it is the site, it's probably one of the ads. I recall a lot of people getting redirected from this site in the past due to one of the banners, download Adblock plus and that should get rid of the problem, it did for many others.

Sounds like spyware to me. I'd recommend downloading a free spyware remover and scanning your computer. Malwarebytes and Super AntiSpyware are two very good ones. if that doesn't work, and it is the site, it's probably one of the ads. I recall a lot of people getting redirected from this site in the past due to one of the banners, download Adblock plus and that should get rid of the problem, it did for many others.
That problem here before was solved.

OK sorry about posting the link I did not think about people clicking on it. It might be my browser, I dont think so. I run Malwarebytes on my puter regularly but it might be missing it. It just happened to me again. It only happens to me on this site and it happens when I try to click on a thread here. It only happens it on occassion. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up if it was on your end. If its on my end I appologize for alerting you to nothing.

First and only complaint we have heard on this. Let us know if it happens again. We will squash it. I suspect Spyware. Sometimes they write to your registry and when you reboot it regenrates. I hate that stuff.

Hey just wanted to update you guys on what I found. You were correct it was something in my computer and I got it removed. Free spyware remover did not get it I had to buy a commercial product. It was odd it popped up a total of 3 times and everytime it was on this site so it fooled me. I figured I should update you all though so you know it was on my end not on yours. sorry about the false alarm.

Hey just wanted to update you guys on what I found. You were correct it was something in my computer and I got it removed. Free spyware remover did not get it I had to buy a commercial product. It was odd it popped up a total of 3 times and everytime it was on this site so it fooled me. I figured I should update you all though so you know it was on my end not on yours. sorry about the false alarm.
Thanks for keeping us updated on the problem shula. :hi5:

On one of my attempts to access the site I was automaticlly redirected to some spyware site, Closed quickly.
Chubbs

On one of my attempts to access the site I was automaticlly redirected to some spyware site, Closed quickly.
Chubbs
Thanks for the heads up. please make sure your computer is clean of virus's also.

anyway as part of the changeover i'm sure Matt is going to be a lot more picky about what stays and goes as far as advertising. :up:

One thing that always works for me when I get spyware is ComboFix. I run it once and never have problems after it.

Back
Top Bottom