Barnett and Harris the target? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barnett and Harris the target?

Harris has the best get off by far. Barnett is crafty as hell.

I'd be happy with either, but I'm more intrigued by Watt and Willis at 22.

If these guys are gone, a couple trade downs could seriously help us. This is a Jimmy Johnson draft if I've ever seen one. Three rounds deep, loaded with secondary, tight ends and edge guys.

I honestly think Harris could end up being the best edge rusher from this class. He needs a lot of work in the run game, but he's definitely someone who can get after the passer and wreck havoc.

Apparently, his nickname is "Black Ice" because by the time you see him coming, it is too late.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Should we create a " Barnett was drunk as a skunk at the Strip bar 3 nights straight " rumor?

Jordan Willis is better than either one.

Not disagreeing with you totally, but the only place I see such high praise for him is on this site! No mocks (maybe 1 ) have him in the first. I've not heard his name on NFL Channel or ESPN. Why is it Fin Haven is about the only place talking up this guy? (for the record I watched tape on him. I do like him)

Not disagreeing with you totally, but the only place I see such high praise for him is on this site! No mocks (maybe 1 ) have him in the first. I've not heard his name on NFL Channel or ESPN. Why is it Fin Haven is about the only place talking up this guy? (for the record I watched tape on him. I do like him)

I would gander because he is a wide edge rusher who fits our scheme perfectly and models his game after Cameron Wake. The latter alone I'm sure sparks interest and intrigue of many around here along with his measurables and the athleticism he displayed at the combine.

I would gander because he is a wide edge rusher who fits our scheme perfectly and models his game after Cameron Wake. The latter alone I'm sure sparks interest and intrigue of many around here along with his measurables and the athleticism he displayed at the combine.

Absolutely agree.

I wouldn't mind him at all, but the part about Wake holds some merit combined with the combine

Harris vs Willis, who would you say is the better pure pass rusher of the two? They both seem very dynamic to me. I've seen Willis line up everywhere and on the other side I believe Harris seems to be faster off his stance and more powerful too but I'm no expert so what say you?

Ozzy rules!!

Really starting to like Harris. Watch the video. He is fast man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETEY4e6t76U

Ozzy rules!!

I know these are only highlights, but I only watched 1:01 of this and this guy already has impressed me more than what I saw after watching a full 4 or 5 minute highlight tape of Willis. I think Willis would be a nice add, but he doesn't "look" like a 22 guy to me...

Harris is barking out of his highlight reel....Willis' is more like "meh, ok, he's pretty good"

Because Willis is #4 in both run defense and pass rushing per pff. He represents the one good pass rusher that is also very good at stopping the run...soooo, the cult of PFF is more entrenched in Miami? Mando likes to use it a lot.

*--in response to outback's question about Willis.

My only qualms with Willis is that he'll never chase a play unless he knows he can make the tackle. Also, his speed doesn't always show up on tape. Probably because he's 270+. He's the anti-Reddick in that regard...

My only qualms with Willis is that he'll never chase a play unless he knows he can make the tackle. Also, his speed doesn't always show up on tape. Probably because he's 270+. He's the anti-Reddick in that regard...

He's not 270. He's actually in the 250's range. Some guys are fast in a straight line but to me Harris is fastest off the snap and seems to play with plenty of power too. I want a guy that will make game changing plays and I like what I see of Harris

Ozzy rules!!

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

I know these are only highlights, but I only watched 1:01 of this and this guy already has impressed me more than what I saw after watching a full 4 or 5 minute highlight tape of Willis. I think Willis would be a nice add, but he doesn't "look" like a 22 guy to me...

Harris is barking out of his highlight reel....Willis' is more like "meh, ok, he's pretty good"

I agree KC. Really like the kid. Full of energy, speed and power

Ozzy rules!!

Damn, didn't know Willis was 255. I've seen him accelerate in space and run people down but that's when I thought he was 270+. Now he's an even bigger question mark to me.

Harris' snap anticipation is pretty legendary. I saw a Voch Lombardi breakdown on YouTube in which Harris and the center's snap were literally in synch. Everyone downs his run stopping ability, but for our defense, Harris is the guy. I don't watch enough tape to tell how deficient he is against the run.

Which is why Watt seems to be more valuable at 22. He can set a good edge as a SLB while gaining weight to eventually play DE.

While the experts say this class is loaded at DE or edge guys, they all have risks. Meanwhile McDowell is made to look like a headcase and he's got the best tape of anyone.

Back
Top Bottom