Barnett arrested for battery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barnett arrested for battery

Any good news for the NFL?

No, just more bad...

POSTED 1:47 p.m. EDT, June 18, 2007

BROWNS RECEIVER CAPS WEEKEND ARREST TRIFECTA

As the saying goes, "When it rains, it comes down really hard." Or something.

After nearly a full month of peace and quiet on the NFL police blotter, three players were arrested over the weekend for various types of alleged misconduct, most of which likely resulted from an extended visit with the Reverend Al K. Hall.

Packers linebacker Nick Barnett and (as reported first right here on Sunday night -- and we want our damn gold star for it) Bengals running back Quincy Wilson were busted for disorderly conduct in separate incidents on Sunday morning.

Wilson's arrest occurred after a post-wedding visit to a nightclub in Cabell County, West Virginia, during which Wilson, the groom, the bride, and three other persons were busted. (Another report indicates that a total of 13 people were arrested.)

Police claim that the group failed to leave the area outside the club after authorities ordered them to disperse. Family members allege that the arrest was racially motivated because the groom and the other members of the wedding party are black, and the bride is white.

It now appears that a third NFL player landed in the hoosegow over the weekend. Browns receiver Mike Mason was jailed late Saturday, and as of Monday afternoon remained in custody, on charges of aggravated disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and obstructing official business, all of which are misdemeanors. Police used a Taser gun to subdue him.

Mason was signed by the Browns six weeks ago as an undrafted free agent. His bail has been set at $20,000 because he is regarded as a flight risk; he has no Cleveland address and is viewed as a long shot to make the team.

Um, Mike? The odds just got a little longer.

But at least Mason will have made a contribution during his time in Cleveland. By our count, the Browns get nine points in Turd Watch. The Packers and Bengals each pick up three.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

lol wow.... amazing how many people do stupid things when they have all the fame and money. i kno if i was in the NFL i would not do this stuff lol to finally live a dream and then throw it away for dumb things like this.

wow, you'd think that they would know that the NFL is cracking down on things, so they would keep their nose clean. The only time I think PacMan would be a good roll modle. Mr. What Not To Do. But no, guys are still going out and being dumb...

wow, you'd think that they would know that the NFL is cracking down on things, so they would keep their nose clean. The only time I think PacMan would be a good roll modle. Mr. What Not To Do. But no, guys are still going out and being dumb...

You can take them out of the hood...but you cant take the hood out of them.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom