Barry, Oklahoma State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry, Oklahoma State

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well most have seen his NFL clips, but I haven't seen hardly any of his college runs, but seeing his college clips, I think he had even more to him than some people think. The one thing he did in sometimes in the NFL would dance a little behind the line and sometimes lost yards. But, it might have been partly because of his ol for Detroit. What I noticed here was how Barry for the most part in college seemed to gun right up and not hesitate to much, but once he broke the through the gap then he would do his shake and bake and break ankles as usual and then turn on the jets and blow by defenders. When watching him run, his acceleration and second gear is unbelievable, it looks like he was shot out of a cannon that way he just bursts through. As great as Detroit knew what they had in him, it seems like he was somewhat underutilized in some aspects. Some say he was bad near the goalline, but I don't think Detroit really tried with him and assumed he would not be, because of his size, but the guys did not have to be big with his unbelievable agility.

Even with a smaller field he can make guys miss him in a phone booth with his elusiveness, and he had quite a leap with jumping over a pile and diving over. If guys are blocked I think he could have been used more and would have been fine near the goal line. There are smaller backs that have done fine also. I just remember seeing Detroit put in Schlesinger in when they got near the goal line. And, it is one clip, but that was a pretty nice pass by Barry. It's not like the guy was wide open, but there were defenders right near him and Barry placed the ball where it had to be. I', surprised Detroit didn't do as much hb options with Barry. I always knew he was phenomenal back, but these clips even showed that he had even more than what people think, and is definitely a one of a kind player, and there probably will never be another Barry Sanders.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4nh1qQPXQY4

The run at about 38 seconds is typical Barry, like Houdini on that run. I lost track of where he went and then he pops out through the pass of defenders, unbelievable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Weot6fwI1_g&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PfaHLD61UxQ&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xM2sfuV_WLM&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iSHhOm6HKsQ&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Ukk1gyTWsA&mode=related&search=

barry sanders, was the dan marino of osu football and the ex tight ends coach pat jones can tells some great stories and he even told one about danny marino .
Barry Sander, Thurman Thomas , Larry Csonka , Jim Kiick , Mercury Morris , Lamar Smith , Tatum Bell , Vernand Morencey , and Ricky Williams and Dantrell Savage all have one thing in common and that I could win two or three superbowls with these guys .

just think if you took Sanders ,Csonka, and Ricky man that would be a butt kicking rb corp.

but if i had Bell , savage and Brown look out .

Sanders and thomas along with bell and morencey and williams could do some serious damage.

barry sanders, was the dan marino of osu football and the ex tight ends coach pat jones can tells some great stories and he even told one about danny marino .
Barry Sander, Thurman Thomas , Larry Csonka , Jim Kiick , Mercury Morris , Lamar Smith , Tatum Bell , Vernand Morencey , and Ricky Williams and Dantrell Savage all have one thing in common and that I could win two or three superbowls with these guys .

just think if you took Sanders ,Csonka, and Ricky man that would be a butt kicking rb corp.

but if i had Bell , savage and Brown look out .

Sanders and thomas along with bell and morencey and williams could do some serious damage.

That's the interesting thing when watching him from OSU, is that he was always juking dudes out of their boots. But, I know some of the holes were big at times. But many times like in these clips and some of the other ones I have seen, he would just cut back once or do a little jut and then zip through the hole. He seemed to dance around much less when he played for OSU, which makes me wonder if Detriots ****ty ol, was part of the reason for his dancing around sometimes, because he seemed to just go straight throuhg the gaps without much hesitation for OSU, and then once he got through the gap he would make the secondary look like fools where he would then do this crazy jukes and turn on the jets. It's just interesting seeing the differences from him at OSU compared to when he played for DEtroit. His moves are obviously similar when he played for OSU to DEtroit, even though Barry has some crazy highlights playing for Detroit. I know it was just one clip, but i think Detriot unfortunately saw Barry as one dimensional, but seeing a bunch of his college clips, it makes me think he was more versatile than people give him credit for.

So everyone knows he's a great player with superb talent, but as great as I have thought of him, after seeing this, I can't help to think how he is even greater than what I thought, and that is a lot. Like the goalline part I mentioned he should have been used a little bit more, and i think he should have been used a little bit more with hb options, he is pretty accurate. I was just thinking how as much as he did, he could have done more, if utilized more in different parts. I know he wasn't too good at blocking, but I have seen him do not too bad and be somewhat underrated as far as that goes. He has made some nice blocks. But, I never expected Barry to do too well blocking, since he never was a big back, and actually was pretty small, but his powerful legs obviously made tougher to tackle then guys thought. He was deceptive in that way. In that famouns highlight run where Barry zig zags and toys with the Patriots secondary on one play. When he heads towards the endzone, the partriots player tries to tackle him up top and Barry literally drags him to the endzone while the Patriots player is hanging on his coattails.

Back
Top Bottom