Baseball signings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baseball signings

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
My Cubbies just got bullpen help in LaTroy Hawkins, woohoo. Two good pick ups this offseason while getting rid of the dead weight(Estes, Alfonseca, Veres).

Lowell resigned with the Marlins.

So we'll have Remlinger, Farnsworth, Borowski, Guthrie, and now Hawkins. If we can sign another reliever or two, Alfonseca and Veres are definietely expendable.

If we let go of Estes though (and we should), then we'll definitely need to find a good lefty starter. How about we pony up some cash for once and go after Andy Pettitte? If that fails, we could sign Kenny Rogers to a one year deal.

If neither, do we have any promising minor leaguers down on the farm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lowell and Castillo re-signed with the Marlins ;)

Originally posted by Kamikaze
So we'll have Remlinger, Farnsworth, Borowski, Guthrie, and now Hawkins. If we can sign another reliever or two, Alfonseca and Veres are definietely expendable.

If we let go of Estes though (and we should), then we'll definitely need to find a good lefty starter. How about we pony up some cash for once and go after Andy Pettitte? If that fails, we could sign Kenny Rogers to a one year deal.

If neither, do we have any promising minor leaguers down on the farm?

Guthrie, Veres, & Alfonseca are all free agents & I'm pretty sure none will be brought back. I know Baker likes to have a lefty in the rotation but I would just go after the best mid-ranged priced arm there is. Rumor has it that Greg Maddux would like to return. That would be a hell of a 5th starter.

Accordign to ESPN Insider the players we're looking at are Keith Foulke, Maddux, Fernando Vina(please no), Todd Walker, Jose Cruz Jr, Miguel Tejada, Eddie Guardado, Lofton, & Grudzielanek.

Aside from another lefty in the pen I think we should reisign both Grudz & Lofton, bring back Maddux, & go after Pudge or Javy.

We have a bunch of good minor leaguers as always but they're all pitchers. Angel Guzman is the untouchable. We've also got our first rounder from last year Brownlie who's about a year away, & Andy Sisco who is a Randy Johnson type power lefty at 6'9 260 lbs.
http://www.topprospectalert.com/MLRamblings/020509as.html

Last edited by a moderator:
SS Kaz Matsui to sign with the Mets. I guess that means they're moving young phenom Jose Reyes to second.

Micheal Tucker signs with the Giants.

Mark Grudzielanek resigns with the Cubs.

Originally posted by NinersSBChamps
Mets are making a mistake moving Reyes to 2nd base. I dont know why they signed him to begin with.

I think so too. If Kaz's stats dip as much as Ichiro's & Godzilla's did when they first came over here, Kaz's stats will resemble that of Sean Burroughs.

Bartolo Colon signed 4 years with the Angels.

Eddie Guardado signed with the Mariners.

Matt Stairs & Scott Sullivan signed with the Royals

Tim Worrell signed with the Phillies.

That Worrell signing hurts because the Braves had an offer to him and he obviously went to the Phillies. This off season is looking even worse. That new owner in Anahiem must have money coming out of his ***. Colon 4 years for 48 million and Escobar earlier. They are looking like the favorites in the West.

Aww, I use to love wrestling, lost interest now. I stopped 4 years ago. It turned retarded, espcially since everything is pre determined.

Back
Top Bottom