Bates' Game Plan Was Superb... THE NAME RUNDOWN.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bates' Game Plan Was Superb... THE NAME RUNDOWN....

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alright......a fantastic win today....a true team effort....both on offense and defense....as our Dolphins are playing right now....just as good as anyone right now in the NFL. These next 3 games coming up.....on the road against the Chiefs...coming home for the PATS...and going out to DENVER....are really going to set the baromoter on just how good our Dolphins actually are. I want each and everyone of you on this board....to believe we can win all 3 of these games....and thus become a juggernaut...at 6-0....but in reality....its going to be a very tough stretch of games. However.....like they say....lets take it 1 game at a time....and start preparing for a very rugged Kansas City Chief team....who can score a lot of points....but at the same time...can also give up a lot of points. Are mind set going in to this game....is to pass the ball downfield with a banged up Kansas City secondary....and to Run RICKY around the perimeters...the Chiefs had all sorts of problems with A. SMITH tosses today. On defense......a key would be to put tremendous pressure on Qb TRENT GREEN.....he will falter under pressure. PRIEST HOLMES has to be contained somehow....he will get his yards and catches....but we have to avoid the LONG RUNS...tackling him quickly is a key. TONY GONZALEZ....BATES has to put somebody on him...who can contain him as well. Our RUN DEFENSE will certainly be tested to the fullest next week....we need the big guys up front to control the line of scrimmage. It could be a high scoring game next week....but I like our chances.....we are a better team than the CHIEFS....if we can just play the same game we are playing right now....we need to control the ball....and again.....if we can fluster TRENT GREEN...he will turn the ball over... once again....I don't think the CHIEFS...are going to be the ones who finally figure out how to stop this NORV TURNER attack. Out of all of these tough 3 games ahead......I am not as worried as much this coming week....as the next tw0.....the Pats, and Broncos.

I thought JIM BATES today had one heck of a game plan....although you would have to give credit to the JETS coaching staff as well....for actually telegraphing their game plan all week....through the New York Papers. I was just up in New York....reading all the papers about how HERM wanted to get back CURTIS MARTIN back in the picture....and do this and do that...with the playcalling...and so forth. Herm tried the KNUTE ROCKNE speeches....but the JETS offense actually got worse this week. JIM BATES had these guys fired up....he knew CURTIS MARTIN was coming....and he knew what plays were coming as well. BATES put some knew wrinkles in....had some good pressure packages on VINNY....and had guys like JAMAR FLETCHER, TRENT GAMBLE, and SHAWN WOODEN really ready for their roles today. If it were not for the 2 pass interference calls on that one drive....on MADISON and FLETCH....then the JETS may not even been able to get that 1 field goal. JIM BATES deserved a game ball today....this was definately one of his better game plans. ANd he did it without the use of PATRICK SURTAIN......impressive.

Don't look now.....but RICKY is on pace for a "gulp".... a 2000 yard season! He is right now....the MVP of the NFL....much less the DOlphins. This is the definition of "IMPACT".. see RICKY RUN.....according to the latest version of WEbster's Dictionary.

I thought the BIG O's catch today....was one of the greatest I have ever witnessed....that was not a circus...but a "HOUDINI CATCH".

Randy Mcmichael has got to be right up there with SHOCKEY as a candidate for Rookie of the Year.....same impact.....but because SHOCKEY is in NEW YORK...he gets all the press....and the BARNIES commercials.

NORV TURNER has to be the latest hotttest assistant coach.....for the next years coaching vacancies......right? To prevent him from going anywhere next season......I say WAYNE HUIZENGA buys NORV a home down here....and pays him to the liking of what SNYDER is paying MARVIN LEWIS up in WASHINGTON. This guy has been a DOlphins fan dream.....any nightmares of KIPPY BROWN are now officially over.

SHAWN WOODEN is seemingly placing himself in the right places.....is he not? He is making plays...in limited duty.

Missing person on defense....is perhaps 1......and its MERLON GREENWOOD. I cant find him on any tackles...

JASON TAYLOR has made the sack, fumble, and recovery.....a thing of art.....has ne not? Its like a TRIPE DOUBLE or something like that....in Basketball.....it should have a nickname...

Jamar FLETCHER looked like he was playing for the WISCONSIN BADGERS today....in his senior year....the way we thought......right? I want to see this again....but the good game streak is on.

DAVID BOWENS seems to have a good game streak...doesn't he? I think every single game this guy has played.....he has made at least 1 signigicant play.

TRAVIS MINOR....even looked good today....when he mopped up.

ROBERT EDWARDS has some juke in him....another key play.

First game where KONRAD was not used much....but this will not be a trend.....

Did anyone see FIEDLERS excelllent get in the way block.....on JAMES Mcknights reverse?

ALBERT JOHNSON has got to do something....before the coaches have no choice but to deactivate him....and put WARD and MINOR back there. He is thinking to much.....the lack of burst is missing.

OLINDO MARE misses two gimmes in two games in a row? First time that has happened. On the miss today.....he did not follow through on the kick.....go look at it....he really did not get a full leg extension. It was like a half swing in the game of Golf.

We beat the stinkin JETS...... DING DONG....the wicked witch is DEAD.

Ok.....DID YOU KNOW? The Dolphins have not beaten the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers since DAN MARINo's rookie year....in 1983.....ouch! Not quite the same hex....and quite frankly.....I don't give a damn.....

WE BEAT THE JETS.......get the papers.....including the New York Papers who will be calling for the resignations of HERM and HACK.....and the retirement of VINNY TESTEVERDE as well.

Everyone watch ESPN 2 tommorrow.....if you are off like me.....watching the live Dolphin Press conference.......

Happiness is having RICKY WILLIAMS, TROY BROWN, and DONAVAN MCNABB on your Fantasy football team.....in a keeper league..... If I dont win this week....I will investigate.

ANyone feel sorry for MIKE WESTOFF today? He threw his cane down......especially when seeing MATT TURK punt today.

Where have you gone SANTANA MOSS?

If you see RICKY WILLIAMS at a SOuth beach club....or see him speeding around town.......you know what......let the man through.....and let the man do what he wants. He is the man in this city right now......no charge....come on in....the dining is on us....baby.

NORV Too.... Thanks for turning this thing around...... DCH

AJ does look alot scared out there I noticed.....That 49ers thing does bother me....my relatives are all niner fans and I have to hear it almost everyday....heck you should have heard it last year when we went to the game!...It was horrible there was nothing much I caould say.

very nice DCH

I think ward should get the call this week and see what he can do in place of AJ...

Thanks DCH, always right on the money and thought provoking. Rickey is supposed to be appearing at Solid Gold tonight, some group rented out the club until midnight and their showing the game, giving out some kind of buffet and I really don't know much else. My friend who is connected with the club told me that by 6:30 he'll know if Rickey is really going to be there. If this is for real I'm going to drop by so I can get a picture of Rickey and I for my office. As soon as I hear I'll pass the word along to my buddies from FinHeaven.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I thought JIM BATES today had one heck of a game plan....although you would have to give credit to the JETS coaching staff as well....for actually telegraphing their game plan all week....through the New York Papers.
DCH
who can blame the Jets for trying to use their best player more. They just failed ag. a better teams - their OL is obviously not as good as 2001

NORV TURNER has to be the latest hotttest assistant coach.....for the next years coaching vacancies......right? To prevent him from going anywhere next season......I say WAYNE HUIZENGA buys NORV a home down here....and pays him to the liking of what SNYDER is paying MARVIN LEWIS up in WASHINGTON. This guy has been a DOlphins fan dream.....any nightmares of KIPPY BROWN are now officially over.
DCH
there is no cap for coaches - give him ownership in block bluster for crying out load - how about marketing coordinator.

First game where KONRAD was not used much....but this will not be a trend.....
DCH
I hope not he has been forgotten in the past

Did anyone see FIEDLERS excelllent get in the way block.....on JAMES Mcknights reverse?
DCH
oh yeah :up: and on Mo Lewis no less
:eek:

thx DCH

Back
Top Bottom