Bates steps down... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bates steps down...

trainwreck

ALL PAIN, NO GAIN TRAIN
Reaction score
For those who are interested, the Miami Herald is reporting that Jim Bates is stepping down as the Packs D- coordinator. I guess he's pissed he was not cosidered for the headcoaching job.
And NO, Im not wanting him to coming back to Miami.

I really like Bates as a coach and players really respect him, but i dont want him in miami b/c he isn't familar with the movement we are making and the 3-4/blitzing defense we appear to be heading

I would be pissed as well. I wouldn't have been to happy about not getting the job here either.
I think Jim is one of those coaches that will translate well into a HC, unlike Dave and Norv. He turned the team around a little bit last year. I'd love to see him come back if Saban is looking for a great DC. Bates is one of the best in my eyes.

I hope one of the ten teams or so without a coach at least interview him for a HC job...

I wonder where he goes now. Obviously he won't come back here. I wonder if he takes the year off and trys to land a HC job next offseason, because I doubt he still wants to be just a DC.

if he doesn't get a head coach job this year, i don't see him getting one next year if he takes a year off...

Lazy1 said:
I really like Bates as a coach and players really respect him, but i dont want him in miami b/c he isn't familar with the movement we are making and the 3-4/blitzing defense we appear to be heading

Your'e right, he's a nice guy,good motivator, but a 3-4 D is not his specialty.

Bates left Miami because he wasn't given the head coaching job. Now he's leaving GB for the same reason?? Two strikes... maybe the NFL executives see or know something we don't?

Doesn't he get it? If he can't land a HC gig this year, where there's like, 10 openings, he never will. Embrace the DC gig dude. It's what you're good at, leave it alone.

Bates isnt going to be a headcoach, if he wants a HC job he should look to the college ranks. There will be a good job opening in Pitt pretty soon...

With Mangini leaving for the Jets - I wonder if he might look towards New England. Does anyone know if he has any ties with Belichick?

Back
Top Bottom