Battle of Turnovers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Battle of Turnovers

5 Super Bowls

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am a Cowboy fan that wants to believe that the boys of '03 could be like the boys with Jimmy Johnson and just show up and Kick Ars. I am realistic though. This game is between 2 good defensive teams and 2 passive offenses. I think it is going to be a great game that is won with important turnovers. I can't wait. Good luck fins. GO BOYS:D

I agree. It's going to be a battle of turnovers and who executes/makes less mistakes. Honestly, I think you guys have the advantage on offense compared to ours. You have a strong-armed QB and three outstanding speed receivers. You also have a pretty big/strong line if I remember correctly.

While we have an elite RB and a standout TE and WR, our OL is among the league's worst and our QBs.....when given time....have struggled to connect deep and take pressure off running game. Not a great thing against a fast, blitzing defense like the Cowboys.

I expect this game to be ugly on Miami's part. Dallas will likely have trouble on offense as well. But I think Dallas' offensive line will be key here. We are stout against the run with two beasts inside and two fast yet powerful/disciplined DEs on the outside. But when it comes time to rush the passer, we get absolutely no push inside. This leaves the QB with a nice field of vision, a cushion, and the ability to step up avoid trouble/step into throws.

You will see Miami lineup four DEs on passing downs. While this worked well last year, it hasn't had the same effect in 2003. And we have been victimized by runs up the middle with this lineup from time to time. Having David Bowens for this game would have been great, as he is very effective getting pressure inside.

IMO, this has been the major reason why we have had trouble against the pass from time to time. Too many times the QB has been able to just sit back in the pocket and calmly scan the field with nobody in his face and simply step up if he gets trouble from the outside. I'd like to see that change today.

The thing is.. Miami's offense right in the hands of the Cowboys strength defensively. Miami is a running offense and the Cowboys held Stephen Davis to 60 some yards..

Dallas's offense on the other hand falls into Miami's weakness on defense.. When you spread Miami out with 3-4 WR's, QB's have time to throw on many plays and find the open WR's consistantly.. Galloway, Glenn, and Bryant is good enough to exploit Miami's dime defense unless Jim Bates starts blitzing Knight or MArion more like he did to the Redskins on Sunday Night..

But I do see a Cowboy victory and am expecting Miami to lose so that if Miami does indeed lose, it won't ruin my Thanksgiving Day..

;)

Back
Top Bottom