BB code Buttons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BB code Buttons

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Buttons at the top of the the page(bold, italic, quote, url, etc.) when you try to post the thread have disappeared. This all started to happen about a week ago when the interface was somehow changed to Enhanced WYSWIG. I changed it back to the 2011 version and it worked for about a day, but then all the buttons disappeared. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Buttons at the top of the the page(bold, italic, quote, url, etc.) when you try to post the thread have disappeared. This all started to happen about a week ago when the interface was somehow changed to Enhanced WYSWIG. I changed it back to the 2011 version and it worked for about a day, but then all the buttons disappeared. Any help is greatly appreciated.
i'm using IE 9.0 and win7. I have the formatting bar. what are you using?

(i just checked it in chrome also, they still work.)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm using IE 9.0 and win7. I have the formatting bar. what are you using? (i just checked it in chrome also, they still work.)
I use Mozilla Aurora. Let me switch back to Firefox and see if that makes a difference. I switched back to Firefox and the same result. Please tell me I do not have to use a Microsoft product just to use the forum(from an ease of use perspective). I do not even have IE or Chrome on my computer. Another thing, the smiles on the side do not work either. Again, I appreciate your help.

* I will say that Aurora is in the beta version and they update the browser on a regular basis.

Could you list what the forum defaults are for using the forum. Maybe some how I, when this started, went in and changed something I should not have. I just went through all the editors and get the same result for all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I can't help, but I strongly recommend using Chrome. It's the best web browser I have ever used.

I tried to use Chrome, but I really do not like that browser. I find it difficult to use. The is no Menu Bar, which makes it hard to do anything in that browser. I am going to uninstall and reinstall Aurora and see if that does anything.

I tried to use Chrome, but I really do not like that browser. I find it difficult to use. The is no Menu Bar, which makes it hard to do anything in that browser. I am going to uninstall and reinstall Aurora and see if that does anything.
yeah if you're not seeing them now it isn't vbulletins fault, it would be the beta browser. chrome, firefox, safari, or IE.

I uninstalled Firefox and Aurora. I only reinstalled Firefox. The only interface that will work now is the VB4 retro. I still can not use smiles or the formatting buttons. Educate me-what is vbulletins?

This is really stressing me out(why, I do not know). I am going to reboot the hard drive and wipe it clean. I shall see if that will fix the problem.

Eureka! wipe the hard drive and started from scratch and that did the trick. Sucks I had to lose all the stuff on the PC, but I will get it back.

Eureka! wipe the hard drive and started from scratch and that did the trick. Sucks I had to lose all the stuff on the PC, but I will get it back.

Wait. WHAT?

You had to reformat you're hard-drive?

Sounds like an issue with our OS? What Operating System are you using DK?

Wait. WHAT?

You had to reformat you're hard-drive?

Sounds like an issue with our OS? What Operating System are you using DK?
I did a system recovery on my computer. I am using Windows Vista. I do not know if it makes a difference, but my HP is 4yrs. old. It is all good. I do not have anything on the computer that was important and all data can be repaired. It will take awhile, but it is not something I will stress about.

I did a system recovery on my computer. I am using Windows Vista. I do not know if it makes a difference, but my HP is 4yrs. old. It is all good. I do not have anything on the computer that was important and all data can be repaired. It will take awhile, but it is not something I will stress about.
if you gotta use windows, you'll be much happier if you go with xp with sp3 or windows 7. I don't know if you needed to wipe your HD to fix the issue, it might've been a problem with your antivirus software not allowsing certain scripts to be accessed or something like that.

if you gotta use windows, you'll be much happier if you go with xp with sp3 or windows 7. I don't know if you needed to wipe your HD to fix the issue, it might've been a problem with your antivirus software not allowsing certain scripts to be accessed or something like that.

No knock on DK, but I wouldn't run VISTA if it were the very last OS out there. Hell, I would run straight UNIX first.

DK, up to you, but you might wanna "upgrade" to 7. I call it an upgrade, cause 7 really isn't an upgrade from anything except Vista. You see, Microscum in their marketing genius sold VISTA even though it was really never anything but the BETA version of 7.
7, aside from being 64 bit, does very little that XP won't do, but demands boatloads of RAM to operate....and even though RAM is dirt cheap compared to 5 years ago, having any OS that taxes the system to the extreme that 7, and Vista to a lesser extent, is never ever a good thing.

No knock on DK, but I wouldn't run VISTA if it were the very last OS out there. Hell, I would run straight UNIX first.

DK, up to you, but you might wanna "upgrade" to 7. I call it an upgrade, cause 7 really isn't an upgrade from anything except Vista. You see, Microscum in their marketing genius sold VISTA even though it was really never anything but the BETA version of 7.
7, aside from being 64 bit, does very little that XP won't do, but demands boatloads of RAM to operate....and even though RAM is dirt cheap compared to 5 years ago, having any OS that taxes the system to the extreme that 7, and Vista to a lesser extent, is never ever a good thing.
I have thought about using UNIX, but I know little about it. Is it that much different than Windows?

Back
Top Bottom