BCS fails again, Cal U gets royally screwed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS fails again, Cal U gets royally screwed

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
California is probably the 2nd best team in the nation(USC being #1) & they don't get invited to a BCS bowl. This BCS system sucks & needs a dramatic overhaul. Non-BCS schools should not get an automatic bid if they go undefeated & finish in the top 6 if there is an at large team(or two) ahead of them in both polls like this year. Who in the hell is going to watch Utah vs Pitt. Damn sure not me(well maybe to see future NFL QB Tyler Palko & WR phenom Greg Lee). VT vs Auburn is right but it's not really that appealing. Texas vs Michigan is gonna be a great game but Cal vs Michigan would have been far better.

CHANGE THE SYSTEM!!

If California wanted to be there, they should have beaten USC when they had the chance.

If there is any victim this year, it is Auburn and Auburn alone. 12-0 in the SEC and no championship game? It's enough to make me want to vomit.

Then USC would have probably been screwed. USC & Cal are to two best college football teams. Cal lost to USC, Texas lost to Oklahoma. They both should be in, Utah should be out.

Auburn falls victim to the preseason polls. USC & Oklahoma began 1 & 2 respectively while Auburn was 16th.

it won't be fixed until the morons put a playoffs system in. But they won't so we just have to live with this joke.

But Auburn, if they win the Sugar Bowl, which they probably will, will do the same thing USC did last year. They see that USC got what they wanted by whining, and crying, and complaining, so they will do the same thing. They didn't perfrom well at all against Alabama or Tennessee in the SEC championship. So Oklahoma who won their last 2 games big deserves to be there

Deez Nutz said:
But Auburn, if they win the Sugar Bowl, which they probably will, will do the same thing USC did last year. They see that USC got what they wanted by whining, and crying, and complaining, so they will do the same thing. They didn't perfrom well at all against Alabama or Tennessee in the SEC championship. So Oklahoma who won their last 2 games big deserves to be there

Auburn, Oklahoma, and USC all deserve a shot to play for the national championship. What pisses me off is people like Lee Corso who say that Auburn doesn't deserve to be there because they don't win as convincingly as the other two. Well, maybe that's because Auburn plays tough teams every week. I'm sure they would also roll over **** teams like Colorado and UCLA (and USC didn't exactly demolish them anyway.)

I also hate how people criticize Auburn for their out of conference schedule. Yeah, it may be weak, but look at their whole schedule compared to Oklahoma's and USC's. It seems pretty easy to me to figure out who plays the toughest ones.

SMadison29 said:
Non-BCS schools should not get an automatic bid if they go undefeated & finish in the top 6 if there is an at large team(or two) ahead of them in both polls like this year. Who in the hell is going to watch Utah vs Pitt.

You are going after the wrong team here. Utah fully deserves to be in the Fiesta Bowl. Their schedule isn't as easy as people think, and with everything they accomplished this season, they deserve a BCS game.

Pitt, however, does not. The Big East is a ****ing joke and should lose it's automatic spot.

But Auburn, if they win the Sugar Bowl, which they probably will, will do the same thing USC did last year. They see that USC got what they wanted by whining, and crying, and complaining, so they will do the same thing.

Do what? When did USC whine, cry, & complain & what did they get? USC was #1 in BOTH polls last year, they were the best team in college football last year without a doubt. Auburn is #3 in both polls this year & they weren't jumped over by TWO teams in the final BCS week. Huge difference.

Their schedule isn't as easy as people think, and with everything they accomplished this season, they deserve a BCS game.

You have got to be joking. The only good team they played all year was Texas A&M & they only had two marginal teams on their schedule (UNC & New Mexico). Everyone else sucked. They didn't deserve to go, neither does Pitt.

SMadison29 said:
Do what? When did USC whine, cry, & complain & what did they get? USC was #1 in BOTH polls last year, they were the best team in college football last year without a doubt. Auburn is #3 in both polls this year & they weren't jumped over by TWO teams in the final BCS week. Huge difference.

Wanna know why Auburn is #3?

Because in the preseason, they were ranked lower than USC and Oklahoma. USC is number 1 because they were there in the preseason.

USC gets a free pass when they beat UCLA by less than 10 points but when Auburn beats a solid Tennessee team they get criticized.

The only solution to this problem is a playoff. I'm not saying that Auburn is more deserving to play in the Orange Bowl than Oklahoma and USC, but neither of those two teams are more deserving than Auburn. It's total BS that an undefeated SEC team isn't being given a chance to win a national championship.

SMadison29 said:
You have got to be joking. The only good team they played all year was Texas A&M & they only had two marginal teams on their schedule (UNC & New Mexico). Everyone else sucked. They didn't deserve to go, neither does Pitt.

Utah went UNDEFEATED and didn't play that bad a schedule. Going undefeated isn't hard. They are ranked very highly and are in the Fiesta Bowl because they deserve to be. Getting in the top 6 is very hard if you are a mid-major, and getting there is impossible if your schedule is a cupcake because the computer polls will rank you low. Utah fully deserves a shot at a BCS game, it's a shame that they aren't getting a shot to beat a better team than Pitt.

Wanna know why Auburn is #3?

Because in the preseason, they were ranked lower than USC and Oklahoma. USC is number 1 because they were there in the preseason.

I said that in another thread.

Utah went UNDEFEATED and didn't play that bad a schedule. Going undefeated isn't hard. They are ranked very highly and are in the Fiesta Bowl because they deserve to be. Getting in the top 6 is very hard if you are a mid-major, and getting there is impossible if your schedule is a cupcake because the computer polls will rank you low. Utah fully deserves a shot at a BCS game, it's a shame that they aren't getting a shot to beat a better team than Pitt.

They deserve to be in the BCS more so than Cal? I think not. Cal can beat every team in the BCS bowls. They're an extremely balanced team with a great defense.

The system worked in this instance in my opinion.
Pac 10 is a bottom three BCS conference.
I think they got what they deserve.
Next time they should schedule a more difficult out of conference schedule.
Word.

Pac 10 is a bottom three BCS conference.

I'd say they're 4th (ACC, SEC, Big Ten, Pac 10, Big 12, Big East), but is it impossible to phathom that the best two teams in the nation are in the same conference? Because they are.

No.
Theyre not.
Auburn is better than USC and Cal.
Louisville would beat USC and Cal.
You know it.
I know it.
This forum knows it.
:yes:
SMadison29 said:
I'd say they're 4th (ACC, SEC, Big Ten, Pac 10, Big 12, Big East), but is it impossible to phathom that the best two teams in the nation are in the same conference? Because they are.

I'll never be satisfied until there's a playoff system (like every other division of college football). Anything else is not good enough.

The fact that the BCS has "worked" in some previous years is merely a coincidence (even though it really hasn't). They're not settling it on the field, plain and simple.

Like everything else in this world, it's all about the almighty dollar.

Back
Top Bottom