BCS Standings for Week 11 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS Standings for Week 11

I am in no way an Alabama fan or an SEC fan. But I consider my self an objective observer in games that don't involve the Miami Hurricanes. I watched every Alabama game played last year, mainly because they came out of the gate strong against Clemson and it intrigued me that Alabama might be "back". And they are "back". That team that took the field in the Sugar Bowl was not the same team that went into Athens and beat the crap out of the then #2 team in the country. I'm not saying Utah wasn't good, I'm just saying that team, Saban included, felt they should've gotten another shot at Florida for the National Title. You think those boys from Bama were excited about the opportunity to play Utah??? Seriously, Utah? They could not have cared any less about that game and it showed. Are you saying Alabama all of a sudden became untalented? Utah did a nice thing for their school by beating Alabama, but you need to be objective about it and realize they wouldn't have even been there had they played an SEC schedule throughout the year. Hell, they might not be able to make it through the ACC and I am of the belief the ACC is well behind the SEC.

I am in no way an Alabama fan or an SEC fan. But I consider my self an objective observer in games that don't involve the Miami Hurricanes. I watched every Alabama game played last year, mainly because they came out of the gate strong against Clemson and it intrigued me that Alabama might be "back". And they are "back". That team that took the field in the Sugar Bowl was not the same team that went into Athens and beat the crap out of the then #2 team in the country. I'm not saying Utah wasn't good, I'm just saying that team, Saban included, felt they should've gotten another shot at Florida for the National Title. You think those boys from Bama were excited about the opportunity to play Utah??? Seriously, Utah? They could not have cared any less about that game and it showed. Are you saying Alabama all of a sudden became untalented? Utah did a nice thing for their school by beating Alabama, but you need to be objective about it and realize they wouldn't have even been there had they played an SEC schedule throughout the year. Hell, they might not be able to make it through the ACC and I am of the belief the ACC is well behind the SEC.

If your not amped up to play in a BCS game, then you've got problems. Now your making excuses for Bama just like the Jets do against us.

In between your random assumptions and you calling me 'chief', the lone fact you pointed out is the FSU game. You can compare that all you want, but anyone who's watched FSU play this year knows they haven't been the same since they played us. They may not even have the same QB when they play Florida. And Florida actually has something to play for. So if that's the game you want to compare, go for it. As for Clemson - don't they usually beat South Carolina - a team on the level of Tennessee, Arkansas, and even LSU this year? And don't mention the #7 team in the country, the 'best one-loss team' in the country, and who their only loss was against, because that just wouldn't mesh well with your argument at all.

Speaking of opinions not being swayed - haven't you seen that I'm not saying the SEC is always bad. I am saying that it's been a downward trend since last year. I'm not arguing that the SEC has been the top dog since Miami's fall, I'm just saying they are on the verge of not being the top dog this year, and that from teams 3-10 a lot leaves to be desired. If you want to change my opinion, how about an intelligent argument supported by facts, rather than saying something to the effect of mass delusion being impossible. I guess Christianity is the way to go too? I guess that's an argument for another day.....

And you don't 'usually' schedule Miami. You guys have been chickening out for years on us. Glad to see you're finally willing to play us now that we've had a few down years. I'd love to meet Florida in a bowl game this year, but that looks unlikely.

south carolina beat clemson and we raped FSU just like i thought. all excuses aside - i win. ;)

south carolina beat clemson and we raped FSU just like i thought. all excuses aside - i win. ;)

I wasn't surprised to see all 3 games go the way they did yesterday. I acknowledged that Florida would beat FSU easily if Christian Ponder wasn't playing, and as for the other two games, well, I do have 'excuses', but I'm sure you already know what they are, so I'll just leave it at that. Besides they're both rivalry games between very similar teams, and last year they both went the opposite way. But I will admit that those middle of the road SEC teams are better than I thought, and that the SEC is still top dog. but I will always challenge anyone who says that we aren't second. Especially after we made USF look like a Div IAA school yesterday.

USF kinda has looked like a 1-AA school recently.....particularly the 31-0 loss to Rutgers...

USF kinda has looked like a 1-AA school recently.....particularly the 31-0 loss to Rutgers...

Jesus, here it comes. Miami continues to be one of the few BCS schools in the country to continually schedule tough OOC opponents, and still won't get respect from some people for doing so. You look at some of the teams ahead of us, some of the teams that WILL be getting BCS at-large berths, and you'll see very, very weak non-conference schedules. I wish we could've just thrown out Oklahoma, USF, and heck, even UCF is a quality opponent, and just worried about our conference games. I wonder where we'd be then. We sure as hell would fit in with the teams surrounding us, particularly those big 10 teams.

Back
Top Bottom