BCS Standings for Week 11 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS Standings for Week 11

if you mean Boise State i would have to disagree completly they play in the wac and the Wac is terrible they ussaly only play 1 or 2 good teams a year at the most

you can only play the teams in your schedule. Its not like they haven't been tested. They did beat Oregon, who pretty much manhandled USC.

How did Utah look last year???? they sure did make Bama look crappy

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while....you really think Alabama wanted to be at that game playing Utah? If they play 10 times, I'm pretty confident Bama beats the crap out of them 9 of those times.

whatever you say, chief. this debate won't go anywhere b/c i know - based on all of your posts - that you won't be swayed one way or the other. it's not mass delusion that everyone thinks the SEC is the best conference in football - you do realize that everyone on the planet isn't an SEC fan, right? the SEC has been the undisputed champion of college football since FSU and miami fell off the map, so to speak. and they'll be back soon enough - like i said - and we can actually have this debate again once it makes sense like it used to.

and as far as you guys being ranked #1 with our schedule - ugh. you guys losing to clemson completely disregards any amount of sanity that statement actually has. LSU, tennessee, and arkansas would have given you guys fits. you guys just aren't there yet. we'll come back to this once we hold FSU to like 13 points after you guys gave up 34 - being that they're the only team that both of us play. your defense is only a glimmer of what it used to be - if that. that's why florida has all the players that will be drafted early and often - and you guys don't.

the schedule thing has been done to death. yeah, b/c the SEC is relatively 'soft' this year - that makes the florida schedule soft. whatever. and i would've loved to have auburn, ole miss, and miami on there - like we usually do - but it didn't work out like that this year. so be it. i can't do anything about that.

In between your random assumptions and you calling me 'chief', the lone fact you pointed out is the FSU game. You can compare that all you want, but anyone who's watched FSU play this year knows they haven't been the same since they played us. They may not even have the same QB when they play Florida. And Florida actually has something to play for. So if that's the game you want to compare, go for it. As for Clemson - don't they usually beat South Carolina - a team on the level of Tennessee, Arkansas, and even LSU this year? And don't mention the #7 team in the country, the 'best one-loss team' in the country, and who their only loss was against, because that just wouldn't mesh well with your argument at all.

Speaking of opinions not being swayed - haven't you seen that I'm not saying the SEC is always bad. I am saying that it's been a downward trend since last year. I'm not arguing that the SEC has been the top dog since Miami's fall, I'm just saying they are on the verge of not being the top dog this year, and that from teams 3-10 a lot leaves to be desired. If you want to change my opinion, how about an intelligent argument supported by facts, rather than saying something to the effect of mass delusion being impossible. I guess Christianity is the way to go too? I guess that's an argument for another day.....

And you don't 'usually' schedule Miami. You guys have been chickening out for years on us. Glad to see you're finally willing to play us now that we've had a few down years. I'd love to meet Florida in a bowl game this year, but that looks unlikely.

Wait a minute.....wasn't Miami and FSU already asked to join the SEC and declined?

How did Utah look last year???? they sure did make Bama look crappy

No they didn't! Alabama simply played poorly! There is no way that Utah could have whooped Bama if Bama actually wanted to win! :rolleyes2:

And on we go...

No they didn't! Alabama simply played poorly! There is no way that Utah could have whooped Bama if Bama actually wanted to win! :rolleyes2:

And on we go...

I think you're wearing your homer glasses if you really think you got Alabama's best effort in that game last year.

In between your random assumptions and you calling me 'chief', the lone fact you pointed out is the FSU game. You can compare that all you want, but anyone who's watched FSU play this year knows they haven't been the same since they played us. They may not even have the same QB when they play Florida. And Florida actually has something to play for. So if that's the game you want to compare, go for it. As for Clemson - don't they usually beat South Carolina - a team on the level of Tennessee, Arkansas, and even LSU this year? And don't mention the #7 team in the country, the 'best one-loss team' in the country, and who their only loss was against, because that just wouldn't mesh well with your argument at all.

Speaking of opinions not being swayed - haven't you seen that I'm not saying the SEC is always bad. I am saying that it's been a downward trend since last year. I'm not arguing that the SEC has been the top dog since Miami's fall, I'm just saying they are on the verge of not being the top dog this year, and that from teams 3-10 a lot leaves to be desired. If you want to change my opinion, how about an intelligent argument supported by facts, rather than saying something to the effect of mass delusion being impossible. I guess Christianity is the way to go too? I guess that's an argument for another day.....

And you don't 'usually' schedule Miami. You guys have been chickening out for years on us. Glad to see you're finally willing to play us now that we've had a few down years. I'd love to meet Florida in a bowl game this year, but that looks unlikely.

it's the only team both of us play this year - what better measuring stick is there? and they're always playing for something when the face the gators - it's a huge rivalry game b/n 2 teams that hate each other. you're making excuses before the game even happens b/c you know the whoopin they're gonna take. please.

assumptions, huh? an assumption like clemson usually beating south carolina? i'll give you some facts. clemson lost to a pathetic 2-7 maryland team - and some of those losses were against james madison, wake forest, virginia, duke, and nc state. at least south carolina is getting beat by actual programs like georgia, alabama, and tennessee. i don't even know what your thought process is there - how you can say miami would be #1 with our schedule after losing to clemson is mind bottling. talk about not meshing.

i said the SEC was down this year already - although we have the top 2 teams in the country. i don't want to sway you either way - but don't expect a downward trend based on one sub par year. 7 of the 12 teams in the SEC have a chance of competing for the title in any given year - don't expect any deviation from that. i'll give you the SEC is down from last year - especially since i already said it.

our schedule is typically tougher. instead of scheduling teams like miami, auburn, and ole miss we decided to take a year off and put some clown shoes in there. that's where the 'usually' comes from.

i have a feeling this is gonna go on for a while. :lol:

it's the only team both of us play this year - what better measuring stick is there? and they're always playing for something when the face the gators - it's a huge rivalry game b/n 2 teams that hate each other. you're making excuses before the game even happens b/c you know the whoopin they're gonna take. please.

assumptions, huh? an assumption like clemson usually beating south carolina? i'll give you some facts. clemson lost to a pathetic 2-7 maryland team - and some of those losses were against james madison, wake forest, virginia, duke, and nc state. at least south carolina is getting beat by actual programs like georgia, alabama, and tennessee. i don't even know what your thought process is there - how you can say miami would be #1 with our schedule after losing to clemson is mind bottling. talk about not meshing.

i said the SEC was down this year already - although we have the top 2 teams in the country. i don't want to sway you either way - but don't expect a downward trend based on one sub par year. 7 of the 12 teams in the SEC have a chance of competing for the title in any given year - don't expect any deviation from that. i'll give you the SEC is down from last year - especially since i already said it.

our schedule is typically tougher. instead of scheduling teams like miami, auburn, and ole miss we decided to take a year off and put some clown shoes in there. that's where the 'usually' comes from.

i have a feeling this is gonna go on for a while. :lol:

Well of course I think Florida's gonna whoop them. It's like watching a baseball team play the last game of the season trying to clinch a playoff spot against a team that's been eliminated. Yeah, I'm sure the Seminoles won't just roll over, but I also don't think they're going to match UF's intensity level. If that's 'making excuses' then so be it.

And no, Clemson usually beating South Carolina is not an assumption - it's a fact. The assumption would be that you are assuming that one performance by Clemson ought to define their season. Fortunately for Clemson, the AP voters don't feel the same way. I don't understand your thought process either. Are you saying that because those teams beat Maryland and Maryland beat Clemson, those teams would beat Clemson? So, when Clemson beats South Carolina AGAIN, would those teams then be able to beat South Carolina? How far does this go?

And I don't expect there to be anymore of a downward trend with the SEC. By that I mean, they have nowhere to go but up. It's a pretty pathetic conference after Florida and Alabama. I could see the Pac 10, ACC, and Big 12 conferences all having an argument that they are stronger than the SEC from top to bottom this year.

Well of course I think Florida's gonna whoop them. It's like watching a baseball team play the last game of the season trying to clinch a playoff spot against a team that's been eliminated. Yeah, I'm sure the Seminoles won't just roll over, but I also don't think they're going to match UF's intensity level. If that's 'making excuses' then so be it.

And no, Clemson usually beating South Carolina is not an assumption - it's a fact. The assumption would be that you are assuming that one performance by Clemson ought to define their season. Fortunately for Clemson, the AP voters don't feel the same way. I don't understand your thought process either. Are you saying that because those teams beat Maryland and Maryland beat Clemson, those teams would beat Clemson? So, when Clemson beats South Carolina AGAIN, would those teams then be able to beat South Carolina? How far does this go?

And I don't expect there to be anymore of a downward trend with the SEC. By that I mean, they have nowhere to go but up. It's a pretty pathetic conference after Florida and Alabama. I could see the Pac 10, ACC, and Big 12 conferences all having an argument that they are stronger than the SEC from top to bottom this year.

the only reason i did the clemson/maryland thing was b/c you said miami would be the top ranked team with our schedule. i wasn't trying to use any kind of weird logic there - i just think you guys would have a seriously hard time with many of the teams on our schedule. i mean, after losing to clemson and beating wake by a single point, you still think you'd run through the LSUs, tennessees, and arkansas of the world? i just don't see it.

i like miami myself. i think it's a good thing for college football in general when they're on top of their game. i love the intense ACC/SEC rivalry that's been gone for the past however many years. so i have no agenda with this debate - i just think you guys aren't there yet - and your defense has shown me exactly that this year. your offense is just fine - and if you had that insane defense that has been known to embarrass great teams - you'd be right back in it. but you're not there yet - you gotta keep the best athletes in the country that come out of miami in miami. until you can do that on consistent basis - like you used to - you won't be there. i mean, am i wrong?

the only reason i did the clemson/maryland thing was b/c you said miami would be the top ranked team with our schedule. i wasn't trying to use any kind of weird logic there - i just think you guys would have a seriously hard time with many of the teams on our schedule. i mean, after losing to clemson and beating wake by a single point, you still think you'd run through the LSUs, tennessees, and arkansas of the world? i just don't see it.

i like miami myself. i think it's a good thing for college football in general when they're on top of their game. i love the intense ACC/SEC rivalry that's been gone for the past however many years. so i have no agenda with this debate - i just think you guys aren't there yet - and your defense has shown me exactly that this year. your offense is just fine - and if you had that insane defense that has been known to embarrass great teams - you'd be right back in it. but you're not there yet - you gotta keep the best athletes in the country that come out of miami in miami. until you can do that on consistent basis - like you used to - you won't be there. i mean, am i wrong?

Of course you aren't wrong there. We've definitely had some tackling issues, and our secondary, on the whole, is talented but inexperienced. But I do think we could rip through Arkansas and Tennessee. And I do think if LSU was our lone big game for the year, we'd beat them too. We stepped up and beat some pretty damn good teams to start out the year, and I think we fell into a lull after the Oklahoma game. We'll learn a lot about the Canes this weekend. For some reason we always seem to struggle against UNC. We'll find out if these are the same old Canes or not. Either way, I expect us to improve drastically after we do some addition by subtraction this offseason i.e. graduation.

But back to the point, I don't see the Canes as being where they need to be, but I do think they could very easily have the same record as Florida given their schedule to date.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while....you really think Alabama wanted to be at that game playing Utah? If they play 10 times, I'm pretty confident Bama beats the crap out of them 9 of those times.

is that the best you got? LMAO pathetic.. they beat Bama plain and simple and in a bowl game for that matter. Stop making excuses.

I really dont get it with some of you. If the underdog wins it was luck. Utah beats Bama by more than Florida beat Bama, its finding a nut. If Bama wins, Utah didnt belong there. It was just the SEC flexing its muscle again. Florida loses to an unranked Ole Miss at home, what the excuse for that? I really hope Texas loses. That way TCU, Cincy, Boise St. gets in the BCS Championship game and have an underdog beat the winner of UF/Bama. I would like to hear the excuses then.. haha

I think you're wearing your homer glasses if you really think you got Alabama's best effort in that game last year.

Homer? For Utah? :lol: Utah has never defeated Boise State in the BCS era.

I'll just say what I saw in the Bama-Utah game: an ***-whoopin', a domination. I'll leave the excuses to the BCS fanboys. You guys just can't stand when a team you say has no business in the game wins.

So you can chalk it up to Brown being out of the game, or to the punishment that Alabama took throughout the year, or being uninspired, but in the end what does it say about a team that can't get motivated to play in a BCS bowl? What kind of team philosophy states that "we will only play BCS competition well"?

The only time guys like you will spout this nonsensical excuse is when a non-BCS team beats a BCS team. I've never heard this excuse in a BCS bowl game to justify a loss to another BCS team. It goes to show the condescension, if you ask me.

As a side note, you know Sean Smith was on that Utah team. I guess he was just over-achieving against uninspired Alabama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homer? For Utah? :lol: Utah has never defeated Boise State in the BCS era.

I'll just say what I saw in the Bama-Utah game: an ***-whoopin', a domination. I'll leave the excuses to the BCS fanboys. You guys just can't stand when a team you say has no business in the game wins.

So you can chalk it up to Brown being out of the game, or to the punishment that Alabama took throughout the year, or being uninspired, but in the end what does it say about a team that can't get motivated to play in a BCS bowl? What kind of team philosophy states that "we will only play BCS competition well"?

The only time guys like you will spout this nonsensical excuse is when a non-BCS team beats a BCS team. I've never heard this excuse in a BCS bowl game to justify a loss to another BCS team. It goes to show the condescension, if you ask me.

As a side note, you know Sean Smith was on that Utah team. I guess he was just over-achieving against uninspired Alabama.

yeah your probably right. Sean Smith had no business shutting down Julio Jones. It was probably luck. He just over achieved. No talent comes out of non-BCS teams.

Back
Top Bottom