Be Optimisitic! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Be Optimisitic!

Who is Destiny?

When did she tell you that about the Dolphins?

Is she hot?

Sounds like a stripper...:lol:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I am reading a lot of negative posts on this board. People are acting like the season is over, but it isn't. While we have lost some very important players, we have not lost a single starter for the season yet. There is no reason to give up. Surtain and Konrad should be fine. I am worried about Dixon because we don't know how long he is out, but this time will be fine. Just be happy that Ricky isn't injured, or Jason Taylor. We will be fine.

It's now wonder there are alot of negatives on the board. What is there to be postive about? The Eddie Moore pick was hashed to death already and now with Dixon gone for awhile (don't think a stress fracture will heal in less than a month), that is exactly why I said that Moore was the wrong pick at the time especially with all the other tackles left on the board. It's not like we signed gandy or Turley, the LT postion was our most important need at the time and nothing was done about it. Now it has come to bite us all in the ^$$ and you want to know why there is so much negativism abounding. I for one shall remain negative until this team proves something to me. Til then, happy dreams in LaLa Land! :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Be Optimisitic!

Originally posted by DeDolfan

It's now wonder there are alot of negatives on the board. What is there to be postive about? The Eddie Moore pick was hashed to death already and now with Dixon gone for awhile (don't think a stress fracture will heal in less than a month), that is exactly why I said that Moore was the wrong pick at the time especially with all the other tackles left on the board. It's not like we signed gandy or Turley, the LT postion was our most important need at the time and nothing was done about it. Now it has come to bite us all in the ^$$ and you want to know why there is so much negativism abounding. I for one shall remain negative until this team proves something to me. Til then, happy dreams in LaLa Land! :rolleyes:

Why don't you just quit watching now and save yourself the aggravation?

Season is not over but it won't be pretty down the stretch. Don't let it cross your mind the possabilities of losing key players are high. With how the things are going at the moment(note: i said at the moment") things don't look good for us. I would die laughing if the texans beat us.

that is exactly why I said that Moore was the wrong pick at the time especially with all the other tackles left on the board

Who were "all the other tackles left on the board"? Just curious, cuz I seem to remember Wayne Hunter, Wade Smith, and Brett Williams being the only tackles left on the board who could possibly play Left, and of those three the guy we liked most was Wade Smith.

Re: Re: Be Optimisitic!

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Could have we signed Turley? As I asked before, what were we going to cut to make the monies appear like magic?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I am reading a lot of negative posts on this board. People are acting like the season is over, but it isn't. While we have lost some very important players, we have not lost a single starter for the season yet. There is no reason to give up. Surtain and Konrad should be fine. I am worried about Dixon because we don't know how long he is out, but this time will be fine. Just be happy that Ricky isn't injured, or Jason Taylor. We will be fine.

I agree, some of the posts around here right now are more negative than after the loss last year to the Pats and Vikings. Scary! :D

I always try and be optimistic, I can't help it, I'm a HOMER!

Oliver...

Actually, Turley would have been a good fit salary wise, as his contract is back loaded. Although it was called a "new deal" he accepted a restructured contract from the Rams that was Cap friendly in the first couple of years.

If you want an answer to the question you asked about who goes-check the thread you asked it on.

The positions filled in the offseason were not neccessity.

Rodgers would do.

Rosenfels would do.

Freeman would do.

And for that matter, if Oronde wasn't so damn greedy he would have done. But we got Thompson for the same money so who cares.

O' BTW... I think when Wannestedt was refering to players out there that were not as good as what we have already on the roster-I think he was refering to Turley amongst others.

Just my opinion of his opinion. :lol:

But I tend to disagree with the assessment.

Originally posted by ZOD
Actually, Turley would have been a good fit salary wise, as his contract is back loaded. Although it was called a "new deal" he accepted a restructured contract from the Rams that was Cap friendly in the first couple of years.

If you want an answer to the question you asked about who goes-check the thread you asked it on.

The positions filled in the offseason were not neccessity.

Rodgers would do.

Rosenfels would do.

Freeman would do.

And for that matter, if Oronde wasn't so damn greedy he would have done. But we got Thompson for the same money so who cares.

You would rather have Rodgers over Seau, Rosenfels over Griese, and Freeman over Knight? Not me, I like those players over what we had, and I can deal with the LT position even as it is right now over not having those guys.

For the record, neither of those D players you mention did very well last season. I can think of several games Rodgers and Freeman cost this team all by themselves.

Oliver...

Can you cite those plays?

All you have to do to cite mine is look at the final points our team scored; the total sacks, hurries, and knockdowns from the left side; and the final three plays out of the endzone in New England.

And one other thing you can do now....

Break out the stopwatch during the preseason game against Jacksonville...Count the snap to release in seconds....

Then go outside, run as fast as you can, and count the yards that you can run in under 3 seconds. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD

All you have to do to cite mine is look at the final points our team scored; the total sacks, hurries, and knockdowns from the left side; and the final three plays out of the endzone in New England.

Last season, the Dolphins’ offensive line paved the way for a running game which was first in the AFC and second in the NFL, averaging 156.4 yards per contest. The unit also allowed only 25 sacks, fourth-fewest in the AFC and seventh in the NFL.

In 2001, the Dolphins’ offensive line allowed just 27 sacks, tied for fifth-fewest in the NFL.

Over the last two years combined, the Dolphins have permitted only 52 sacks, the third lowest total in the AFC and fifth in the NFL.

I see thats a HUGE problem..... Lets sell the ranch to get 5 spots higher. There are your numbers, so why continue to harp?

Originally posted by ZOD

Sure, Rodgers the final over time drive in @Pats. He allowed a 15-yard run and a 22-yard reception by Faulk. The Pats isolated Rodgers, and it payed off big time for them.

Freeman, I can't really say he cost us a game by himself (at least I can't remember any right now, there must be one :D), I may have over stated there, but the guy was beaten so many times last year it's not even funny. He was awful in coverage last year. The @Bills game comes to mind. He was beaten at least twice in that game for big gainers and TD's.

Even though Knight is slower than Freeman, he has a nose for the ball. Personally I'd rather have a player like that than a player like Freeman, who has yet to sniff an NFL ball.

Oliver...

I like my illustration better :lol:

BTW...Did I tell you what I have a nose for....it's white, imported..... :smackhead: ....nevermind.... :topic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Emskirch

Last season, the Dolphins’ offensive line paved the way for a running game which was first in the AFC and second in the NFL, averaging 156.4 yards per contest. The unit also allowed only 25 sacks, fourth-fewest in the AFC and seventh in the NFL.

In 2001, the Dolphins’ offensive line allowed just 27 sacks, tied for fifth-fewest in the NFL.

Over the last two years combined, the Dolphins have permitted only 52 sacks, the third lowest total in the AFC and fifth in the NFL.

I see thats a HUGE problem..... Lets sell the ranch to get 5 spots higher. There are your numbers, so why continue to harp?

Dunno :(

Back
Top Bottom