Bears a possible trade partner? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears a possible trade partner?

Lazy1

The Beer Pong Table of Champions!
Reaction score
Bears | Team receiving offers for No. 26 pick
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:54:57 -0700
Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/11/nfl">Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said several teams have called to inquire about trading up or trading down for the team's No. 26 overall draft choice. Angelo added, "I'm surprised that we're getting calls. We're getting a lot of calls, more calls than normal this time of year. They could all go away, but I think you're going to see a lot of (trade) activity, and you already have. Two teams already made trades and I think that's pretty telling."

Seems like we would move down far enough in the draft to get alot of value atleast a 2nd and another later pick. Seems like there open to trading and not inlove with the 26 spot. I think trading down is the way to go espeically considering how deep the talent is at safety and cb 2 positions we will be looking at.

Lazy1 said:
Bears | Team receiving offers for No. 26 pick
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:54:57 -0700
Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/11/nfl">Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said several teams have called to inquire about trading up or trading down for the team's No. 26 overall draft choice. Angelo added, "I'm surprised that we're getting calls. We're getting a lot of calls, more calls than normal this time of year. They could all go away, but I think you're going to see a lot of (trade) activity, and you already have. Two teams already made trades and I think that's pretty telling."

Seems like we would move down far enough in the draft to get alot of value atleast a 2nd and another later pick. Seems like there open to trading and not inlove with the 26 spot. I think trading down is the way to go espeically considering how deep the talent is at safety and cb 2 positions we will be looking at.

id lvoe to trade RW for the 37th and maybe a 6th from Denver then trade out ONLYYY IF Holmes (Eagles looking at the top WR so they will prob go that way), Jackson (denver likes him but supposedly they are targeting a TE ala Davis), Lawson, Bunkley, Wimbley are NOT there. trade our 1st to them for the 26th and a 3rd rd pick. Go wiht Moss or an OLB there then we will have the 37th pick, and 2 3rds and a 4th. that would be AWESOME!

SR 7 said:
id lvoe to trade RW for the 37th and maybe a 6th from Denver !

No offense :D , but every thread I go to, you post this same exact thing..We know you would love to trade RW for the 37th...

It's becoming abundantly clear that some people HATE Ricky Williams and do not realize his value or care about the impact he can have playing for US.

SR 7 said:
id lvoe to trade RW for the 37th and maybe a 6th from Denver then trade out ONLYYY IF Holmes (Eagles looking at the top WR so they will prob go that way), Jackson (denver likes him but supposedly they are targeting a TE ala Davis), Lawson, Bunkley, Wimbley are NOT there. trade our 1st to them for the 26th and a 3rd rd pick. Go wiht Moss or an OLB there then we will have the 37th pick, and 2 3rds and a 4th. that would be AWESOME!

We arent trading ricky williams.

SCall13 said:
It's becoming abundantly clear that some people HATE Ricky Williams and do not realize his value or care about the impact he can have playing for US.

I dont hate him. the diff btw me and you guys is that i think along Sabans mind. LONG TERM VALUE not SHORT term ala Wanny or KC or even with the whole marino situation where we didnt bring in anyone so once he left we would be in good shape, where they dont upgrade their roster b/c they tend to forget taht a player wont be around forever and they never fix problems or bring in fresh meat. RW SAID HIMSELF he is not going to play past 2-3 years. he doens't consider this a sport and a love as he said before the season start but rather a JOB and just doing what he has to do. He is in for the money and will leave in a year max so why keep him and have him leave and we lose on so much when we can get an early 2nd rd pick? that isn't hating the guy or not realizing the value he brings BUT he is only a SHORT TERM PERSON and we aren't looking for that but rather long term. I'd understand if we didn't have 234324 holes and needs but we do and when we have a great back in RB we dont need 2. RW can't tackle, can't INT, can't cover so why keep him when we have someone that can do what he is already doing but maybe better where as we dont have anyone to do the tackling, INT, the covering that he can't bring us but we can get if we trade him.

SR 7 said:
I dont hate him. the diff btw me and you guys is that i think along Sabans mind. LONG TERM VALUE not SHORT term ala Wanny or KC or even with the whole marino situation where we didnt bring in anyone so once he left we would be in good shape, where they dont upgrade their roster b/c they tend to forget taht a player wont be around forever and they never fix problems or bring in fresh meat. RW SAID HIMSELF he is not going to play past 2-3 years. he doens't consider this a sport and a love as he said before the season start but rather a JOB and just doing what he has to do. He is in for the money and will leave in a year max so why keep him and have him leave and we lose on so much when we can get an early 2nd rd pick? that isn't hating the guy or not realizing the value he brings BUT he is only a SHORT TERM PERSON and we aren't looking for that but rather long term. I'd understand if we didn't have 234324 holes and needs but we do and when we have a great back in RB we dont need 2. RW can't tackle, can't INT, can't cover so why keep him when we have someone that can do what he is already doing but maybe better where as we dont have anyone to do the tackling, INT, the covering that he can't bring us but we can get if we trade him.

Bruh, I am going to make this easy for u . . . u may think that u are thinking along Saban's mind, and if u are, u would know that Ricky is not going to bring us in a 2nd round pick, let alone a high second round pick, its not going to happen. He is on the verge of being suspended for the entire year, and even if he isn't, he is one "oops" from it happening. He has more value to the Dolphins than any other team by far . . he has a cheap contract and a very productive back. Maybe somebody will throw a fourth at the Dolphins, which in that case I definetly rather keep Ricky. He will be a Dolphin until either his contract is up, or he is suspended indefinetly.

If Cromartie is available at 16, I could see the Bears trading their 1st and 2nd( and whatever to make up in points) to the Dolphins.

I would do this trade, in a heartbeat.

SR 7 said:
I dont hate him. the diff btw me and you guys is that i think along Sabans mind.

Really? How does that help us if Saban is pushing to make a run this year? WIll Ricky be here next year? If he is then you know next year is DEFINITELY a year that we are going to push for a run. How does a draft pick from this year help that more than ricky next year?

If Cromartie is available at 16, I could see the Bears trading their 1st and 2nd( and whatever to make up in points) to the Dolphins.

I'd rather take Cromartie. I have a feeling he's going to turn into a perennial Probowler.

SCall13 said:

While I dont hate him, he has lost a lot of weight. It has been supposed before by lots of folks in the media and elsewhere that if we could get a first day pick for him, we'd take it in a heartbeat.

Not sure aboot the fixation on pick 37 though.

SR 7 said:
I really hate it when I open a thread and see a post frm you in it...Will you please become a Jets fan??

As far as the article goes, ANgelo is just stating the obvious, that he has gotten calls from trade partners...Im sure every team in the league has gotten a few calls or made a few calls...It doesnt say that he is looking to trade up, and I doubt they will either...

Back
Top Bottom