Bears Give Benson Final Contract Offer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears Give Benson Final Contract Offer

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Bears | Benson Given Final Offer
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:05:04 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Chicago Bears say they have given rookie RB Cedric Benson a final contract offer. "After missing all of training camp, we want to make it abundantly clear that the Chicago Bears have made their best and final offer to Cedric Benson," Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said in a statement released by the team. "No dollars are left on the bargaining table and at this point the only contract discussions that will be entertained will be reflective of the considerable loss of value to the club created by the players' extended absence," the statement said.

This really doesn't look good for the Bears. If nothing gets done within a week, then Benson could enter next years draft.

PhinDude88 said:
Bears | Benson Given Final Offer
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:05:04 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Chicago Bears say they have given rookie RB Cedric Benson a final contract offer. "After missing all of training camp, we want to make it abundantly clear that the Chicago Bears have made their best and final offer to Cedric Benson," Bears general manager Jerry Angelo said in a statement released by the team. "No dollars are left on the bargaining table and at this point the only contract discussions that will be entertained will be reflective of the considerable loss of value to the club created by the players' extended absence," the statement said.

This really doesn't look good for the Bears. If nothing gets done within a week, then Benson could enter next years draft.

I'm just so glad we stayed away from him and his agent. This seems about as bad as it can get.

Most of the time i would agree that a player's value does indeed decrease once they start missing preseason games, but On the other hand, Benson really does hold most of the cards. The Bears need this guy, with Grossman down Benson needs to be the loadcarrier for the offense. I think Benson is going to be really good, the Bears need to get him into camp.

If Benson does not sign?

And he enters the draft next year. Does the bears Loose the 2005 5th pick in the draft?

Now they are saying that if the deal isn't made soon, Chicago will lower their offer.

Thank God we didn't take this kid. What a waste. Have fun watching chicago play on tv.

Benson is a HEADCASE !!!!
I am glad we went with Ronnie Brown who IMHO was the best player in the draft.:tongue: :fire: :tongue: :) :lol: :) :lol: :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom