Bears inch closer to the No.1 pick in the draft…. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears inch closer to the No.1 pick in the draft….

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With New England’s win over the Steelers tonight, Panthers would have to win 3 games for Chicago to lose that top pick. A Carolina loss this Sunday all but seals the deal.

If the Patriots win one more game and the Bears lose out (by virtue of also playing and losing to Arizona) they’d have the first and second picks in the draft.

I follow the Bears pretty closely as my best friend and my boss are both fans of CHI. I am also an Ohio State homer who loves Justin Fields.

That said. They gotta take Caleb Williams. Send Fields back to his home state to play for the Falcons. I think they’d get decent assets from Atlanta, two thirds maybe with one being conditional. Falcons might find themselves in the playoffs and out of the QB market in April. With the talent ATL has, JF would fit in nicely.

Williams's arm talent is too great to ignore.

But what happens if they end up 1st and 2nd?

Pats, Commanders, Cardinals, Giants, Jets and Titans also in the mix but Tennessee is at the end of the line in the tie breaker situations. If Arizona wins another game they will slide quite a bit.

That Cardinals-Bears game on Xmas eve will have a lot of draft significance, as will the Jets-Pats finale at Foxboro.

If the Bears can manage to swap the second pick for the third pick and add Marvin Harrison Jr, oh boy.

I’m intrigued.

And thrilled with New England’s win tonight.

The Bears could take Williams at one and trade down with the 2nd pick and really load up that roster. Amazing opportunity. I cannot believe the Pats won that game last night. I thought the Steelers and the under was the lock of the year.

It is too bad that Fields has not done enough to allow them to auction that pick.

Assuming they take Caleb #1 they could still move down from their own pick which looks to be Top 5 and add more Draft ammo.

Or take Fashanu/Alt or Harrison/Nabers to go with the rookie QB.

It is too bad that Fields has not done enough to allow them to auction that pick.

Assuming they take Caleb #1 they could still move down from their own pick which looks to be Top 5 and add more Draft ammo.

Or take Fashanu/Alt or Harrison/Nabers to go with the rookie QB.

I still think there is a great chance the Bears finish with the 1st and 2nd picks. If that happens, that means its VERY unlikely New England (And Arizona) would be in the top 4. The Jets will be picking ahead of New England if they lose out. Which is a big concern for me right now. That's why i am really rooting for the Jets to beat the Texans tomorrow. That would go a long way in knocking them out of those home run picks area, even though they'd still be in position to grab an elite player. It can't be Harrison. He can't join up with Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall. No way.

As far as Justin goes, he'll be great in Atlanta. It'll workout for everybody when he gets traded back to his home state.

Bears, Giants, Cardinals, Jets would not pass on Harrison, I believe. And if they end up 1 and 2, they might have to stay where they are and just take Williams and Harrison because New England won't be 3rd. Any trade down from 2 at that point and you can kiss MHJr good bye.

I get that there are LT's worth taking and the Bears could get one and a bunch of picks by moving down but those two picks re-define their franchise. I don't think they'll have the guts to trade down.

Again, assuming they are 1st and 2nd.

Can't wait for tomorrow. I want some answers on draft seeding already. We're not likely to know picks 2-6 for a few weeks.

As far as Justin goes, he'll be great in Atlanta. It'll workout for everybody when he gets traded back to his home state.
I said at the time that Atlanta should have drafted Fields instead of Pitts.

I said at the time that Atlanta should have drafted Fields instead of Pitts.

Might work out a lot better this way in the long run. I am thinking two third round picks might be enough to free JF. Maybe the 2025 third rounder is conditional with a chance to be a 2nd.

Falcons have a shot to add another playmaker in the late teens and really take off in a division that is utter garbage otherwise. Saints and Bucs are near the bottom in terms of future outlook.

Just saw an article suggesting Pittsburgh could be a good spot for Fields. I don't hate it.

Fields NEEDS a good QB coach.

He got no NFL prep in OH ST's offense and less than no help from the incompetent staff at Chicago.

He is still as raw as a rookie in terms of seeing the field and knowing where to go with the ball, it might never happen but he is worth trying to improve.

Agree on not wanting Harrison Jr to the Jets. Assuming Rogers is healthy and still on Earth in this dimension and reality next year. Ok with Harrison going to NE, as long as they don't get a top QB.

Back
Top Bottom