Bears need a new QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears need a new QB

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Obviously.

I could see us possibly helping them acquire one, should they go the draft route and not looking at a veteran.

Roquan Smith, Cody Whitehair and their 2021 1st round pick interest me a lot.

If Nagy is brought back I could see Bridgewater being an option there.

They have no 1st again because of Mack, who they should be looking to move as well (but not to us).

Just a random thought/wish while watching an offense almost as bad as ours. They have more 3 and outs than anyone? Would’ve assumed we did.

This type of scenario is why it behooves us to keep the draft cupboard stocked for the future.

Edit: RT17 makes a lot of sense for them too.

Last edited:
This game looking good for us atm, got to cheer on the Lions, a win for them probably puts them out of our range in terms of draft order with the tie on their record we would have to win 3 more games to pass them, that's not gonna happen. Hopefully they can hang on to this lead.

I’m not too worried about winning 2 games but ya it doesn’t hurt. On cue Trubisky throws a pick.

Lions are so bad, finding ways to lose this. Just want them to get one more win. I'm still worried about the Bengals and Giants still on our schedule.

Obviously.

I could see us possibly helping them acquire one, should they go the draft route and not looking at a veteran.

Roquan Smith, Cody Whitehair and their 2021 1st round pick interest me a lot.

If Nagy is brought back I could see Bridgewater being an option there.

They have no 1st again because of Mack, who they should be looking to move as well (but not to us).

Just a random thought/wish while watching an offense almost as bad as ours. They have more 3 and outs than anyone? Would’ve assumed we did.

This type of scenario is why it behooves us to keep the draft cupboard stocked for the future.

Edit: RT17 makes a lot of sense for them too.

I'd love to see Tannehill go to the Bears so we can settle that hypothetical situation once and for all. :lol:

He'd be a great fit in Chicago.

I'd have a really hard time imagining that RT wouldn't stay in TN. He's still a fairly young QB with upside and teams don't let those QBs go when they are performing.

I could imagine Bridgewater in Chicago. Other than that I think Chicago's struggles on offense aren't all on Trubisky (they've had no run game, little creativity, and nothing else worthwhile on that side to help QB) and I don't see them outright replacing him without a clear upgrade.

I'd have a really hard time imagining that RT wouldn't stay in TN. He's still a fairly young QB with upside and teams don't let those QBs go when they are performing.

I could imagine Bridgewater in Chicago. Other than that I think Chicago's struggles on offense aren't all on Trubisky (they've had no run game, little creativity, and nothing else worthwhile on that side to help QB) and I don't see them outright replacing him without a clear upgrade.

I wouldn't call Tannehill young, he'll be 32 next season. The same age as Pennington when he came to Miami. Tannehill might have 4 or 5 seasons left in the tank, however more likely looking at 3 or 4 more years. I don't see him as a 40 year old starting qb type, in most cases you have to have an impressive resume for that to happen.

barring major injury, I think RT has a lot more season's than 3 or 4. His arm looks good as ever, he's moving great, and he takes care of himself. 6-7 I'd say, and maybe 1 or 2 as a serviceable backup. He's very accurate and smart- those two things keep an NFL QB around awhile.

I wouldn't call Tannehill young, he'll be 32 next season. The same age as Pennington when he came to Miami. Tannehill might have 4 or 5 seasons left in the tank, however more likely looking at 3 or 4 more years. I don't see him as a 40 year old starting qb type, in most cases you have to have an impressive resume for that to happen.

You can't use Pennington as an example of QB aging. His shoulder had already been wrecked multiple times before getting here and he had other significant injuries as well. He was practically made of glass and never strung together two successful seasons. There's also no comparison between the tools. Pennington probably had the weakest arm of a starting QB in history but his anticipation and placement were awesome. Tannehill can make all the throws, and unlike the misguided application of that, where strong arm QBs are given the ability to make all the throws even if they can't throw with touch or anticipation, Tannehill knows how to do that (now).

Back
Top Bottom