Bears Plan To Release Parkey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears Plan To Release Parkey

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Chicago Bears announced they intend to cut Cody Parkey. Parkey will long be remembered in Chicago for his fg miss of the uprights in the playoffs. Last offseason a number of Dolphin fans were in an uproar about not re-signing him during free agency. Is their a big demand to release Sanders and chace Parkey this year? I hope not. I don't like the idea of low to mid level teams spending big $$$ on kickers.

why is it you can get a great year from a street FA kicker whether he be a 8+ year vet or a Parkey? that is Rizzi's genius.

why is it you can get a great year from a street FA kicker whether he be a 8+ year vet or a Parkey? that is Rizzi's genius.

Or playing in Miami half the season as opposed to Chicago, leads to different results? You know weather and all.

Sanders looked solid early, and by the end was easily good enough to be considered a kicker you can count on...He's not going anywhere.

Parkey chose money over playing for the team he said he rooted for, had his best season with, and could have gotten a long term contract with...Decision made, now live with it.

Sanders looked solid early, and by the end was easily good enough to be considered a kicker you can count on...He's not going anywhere.

Parkey chose money over playing for the team he said he rooted for, had his best season with, and could have gotten a long term contract with...Decision made, now live with it.
To be fair to Parkey, I don't think we tried to keep him here

To be fair to Parkey, I don't think we tried to keep him here

I agree, but I believe the reason Miami did not even try, was because they knew he wanted a big payday after the season he had. Then again, it's all opinion on my part, and Miami might have just wanted to get a younger Kicker they could slowly grow at a cheaper price, using Parkey as a stopgap.

Back
Top Bottom