BEARS release Warrick HOLDMAN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BEARS release Warrick HOLDMAN

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
admittedly I didn't get to see many bears' games this year so I really cannot comment on how well HOldman came back from his injury, but pre-injury he was a fine LB and would be an interesting gamble. Was he beat out this year by Lance Briggs?

I think he blew out his acl right after signing a nice sized deal and acl injuries take 2 years to heal, and this will be over 2 years since he injured himself. So he may be on the upswing again.

But, he may not have recovered and was obviously released for a reason.

Colvin, Holdman and Urlacher were supposed to be a dominating LB trio for years to come, and I htink they only played one full year together, shows you how much can change in the nfl in a short time and how there are no "sure things"

If anybody has a better take on Holdman, by all means, let me know the deal

HOLY $HIT.

That guy is a PLAYA.

But we got no need though...he'll get some cash from somebody.......

Yeah really......I'd love to know how he played this year. That guy was a STUD.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Just get me a Woody!

i wish we signed a olineman named boner, so we could have a woody boner duo

It'll be interesting to see the interest around the league in this guy...He won't command top dollar because he's been banged up but he's young and was an up and coming OLB...
I remember watching the Bears D when they had Holdman, Urlacher and Colvin at LB...Shielded by Ted Washington they had plenty of room to roam and tackle...Ball Hawking Defense (Mike Brown and Jerry Azumah had huge seasons that year as well) that was young and considered one of the best in the game...
Holdman would alternate with Colvin and blitz the QB...
He was very fast (b4 his injury who knows now) and does a decent job covering the guy out of the backfield...
Definately an upgrade over Greenwood and Seau...
But the question remains ? Is he healthy ?

From what I'm gathering, he was due a $2.4 million roster bonus Fon Friday. He's still injury prone and counted $4.1 million against last year's cap while getting 79 tackles, 0 INTs, and 0 fumbles 13 games.

Good type of guy to sign on an incentive based contract, with the stipulation that you have adequate DEPTH at the LB position, just in case....

Originally posted by bobdroopy

i wish we signed a olineman named boner, so we could have a woody boner duo

Thank god that Aubuery Beavers doesn't play anymore for any team....cuz you can have a call on MNF go like this:

Al Michaels: "Boy, Ricky Williams is having a great game..............Beavers is a getting a pounding from Woody. Boy that Woody is really making some gaping holes.

Madden: "You know, that Woody is so Big that when he smashes into Beavers he leaves a gaping hole."

Easy tiger. You're approaching that line. :)

I had holdman on my fantasy team. He was good for 7 to 12 tackles a game, if memory serves correctly. But that was pre injury.

you dahm skippy this guy can play iam from chi-town and he is a keeper!!!!!!:tongue:

If it were up to me I think I may just cut Seau & sign Holdman. He's a speed LB.

Was he beat out this year by Lance Briggs?

No, he was the other starter.

Back
Top Bottom