Bears Want Ogun Still?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears Want Ogun Still?!?!

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
According to PFT:

On the other side of the ball, Angelo still covets Ogunleye, who has confirmed that he'll sit out a full 10 games of the 2004 season if he doesn't receive a long-term deal from the Dolphins. Ogunleye, according to the Miami Herald, wants a deal with a signing bonus in the range of $14 million to $16 million, similar to the contract signed last month by Jevon Kearse and Grant Wistrom.

Assuming the Bears and Dolphins can work out a trade for Ogunleye, Angelo would be required to come up with some cap room. We're hearing that the Bears might consider dumping defensive tackles Bryan Robinson or Alfonso Boone and/or cornerback R. W. McQuarters.

With the Vikings adding Kenechi Udeze in round one last Saturday, the Fins have less leverage for any trade talks with the Bears. Still, we can't envision Miami accepting less than a first-rounder for Ogunleye, especially when they can get six games out of him in 2004 and trade him from under the franchise tag in 2005.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

trade him for at least a 2nd and a 3rd and I'd do it in a second

After the Dolphins scour through the June 1 flea market, RS will sign Ogun to a long term contract and everyone will be happy. WRITE IT DOWN! :fire:

Surferosa said:
After the Dolphins scour through the June 1 flea market, RS will sign Ogun to a long term contract and everyone will be happy. WRITE IT DOWN! :fire:

Is that your opinion or do you know something we don't? :confused:

Surferosa said:

I agree I posted the same thing in another thread RS is not going to tie his his hands to the June 1st cuts, The Season doesn't start till September, there is no hurry do do anything for Ogun right now.

At this point, with all the :cry: Wale is doing I would almost prefer to let go and get what we can for him. He is starting to show he might not be much of a team guy.

feelthepain said:
Is that your opinion or do you know something we don't? :confused:

Just my opinion. Sorry if it came off as anything other than that.... :)

I also can kind of see why Ogun doesn't want a one year deal. He is worth so much money right now that if he signs this deal and gets hurt, its all gone. He said he wants to stay in Miami but he feels he deserves a long term contract.

Surferosa said:

Yup. This gets done on RS's timetable, not Drew's. It will get done, but only after Rick feels he's used all the cap room available for what he wants to do.

After the draft it would have to AT LEAST involve a 1st rounder. If it was a 2004 draft pick i would do a 2nd

ckparrothead said:
After the draft it would have to AT LEAST involve a 1st rounder. If it was a 2004 draft pick i would do a 2nd

I'm sure tons of teams would love to trade us their 2004 picks now that they have been used. ;)

I am sure they would still want him. Right now it would probably be a fun dline to be a DE on. With two quick strong rookie DT's ... he still probably would not get much double teaming and he could juice up his numbers some more.

I have always been for Ogun. I still am, but now I am really waivering. He is good for the team as a player, but if he is going to be a locker room cancer or NOT a TEAM player... Then I do NOT want him. Find the highest bidder and trade him.

Back
Top Bottom