Bears wont take Andrews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears wont take Andrews

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the way Bears OL Aaron Gibson is turning heads this spring, the team might have to reconsider what they are doing on the offensive line. The veteran was, for all intents and purposes, pushed aside last month when the Bears gave OT John Tait the richest contract ever for a right tackle at $33.65 million. But Gibson did things in the first minicamp three weeks ago the coaches were not expecting, and it was more of the same Friday at Halas Hall. ''We came out of the first minicamp, and the biggest surprise, in my opinion, was Aaron Gibson,'' OC Terry Shea said. ''Then I got back [Friday], and he's already lost a serious amount of weight from Day 1. I see nothing but great resolve in that guy. ''We're going to find the five best players, and he could end up being one of the five best

This is good news for Phin fans that want Andrews. If Gibson continues to imress, he will probably slide inside and play Guard, thus removing all need for the Bears to take an OL in round one.

Im still a bit nervous about the 49ers, particularly if the top 4 receivers are off the board.

Dallas is also a possibility for Andrews. Their starter at RT is Kurt Vollers or Torrin Tucker. In fact, my mock draft has them moving up to draft Andrews.

Agreed Clump. Though I dont see them trading up. Vernon Carey is a big possibility.

I thought there was a trade in place between the 49ers and the eagles.

Originally posted by finsnchips
I thought there was a trade in place between the 49ers and the eagles.

I think the trade isn't finalized yet but i'm not sure. Even if the 49ers stay there, I think they will pick a WR. The local papers are saying that Erickson realy wants Reggie Williams from their expierences in the PAC 10. They could also go for Mike Williams if he lasts to their pick because they need some size at WR.

Originally posted by Clumpy
Dallas is also a possibility for Andrews. Their starter at RT is Kurt Vollers or Torrin Tucker. In fact, my mock draft has them moving up to draft Andrews.

If Dallas moves up, I do not think they'd pass on Jackson or Jones.

Back
Top Bottom