Beat Writers Need To Do A Better Job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beat Writers Need To Do A Better Job

pacresjt

Active Roster
Reaction score
So I want to read up on how the scrimmage went and everywhere I look I see stories about pre snap penalties. Well, as I am reading I learn most of this is the second team offensive line working against the first team D Line. I want to know how Tannehill, Parker, Drake, McMillan, Fitspatrick, Gesecki did, I don’t want to read about the second team O Line. The beat writers are wasting time over dramatizing these non issue fluff pieces. I’d prefer they give us better information on players we want to hear about like our starters. I get it, second team gets work during the season but let’s not let the starters get lost on the “I got to get the reader to click” mentality. Yes I’m talking to you Omar and Mando and don’t get sucked in Perk, you’re about the only one I can stomach these days. Had to get that off m chest.

I believe we message board types see it as "drama" because it is a negative projection of what is being performed. Drama's are always a dissenting take on what one desires to be a positive. This scrimmage is an epitome of all we've seen before, we want it to be different, but it isn't.

So I want to read up on how the scrimmage went and everywhere I look I see stories about pre snap penalties. Well, as I am reading I learn most of this is the second team offensive line working against the first team D Line. I want to know how Tannehill, Parker, Drake, McMillan, Fitspatrick, Gesecki did, I don’t want to read about the second team O Line. The beat writers are wasting time over dramatizing these non issue fluff pieces. I’d prefer they give us better information on players we want to hear about like our starters. I get it, second team gets work during the season but let’s not let the starters get lost on the “I got to get the reader to click” mentality. Yes I’m talking to you Omar and Mando and don’t get sucked in Perk, you’re about the only one I can stomach these days. Had to get that off m chest.

There is nothing for the beat writers to report about because their were so many pre-snap penalties there was little action in the scrimmage. Tannehill was 3-6, Fales was 3-4, and Brock was 7-7 passing but legit every pass was a dink or dunk. The pre-snap penalties ruined the scrimmage because every other play was flagged. Today was a total waste of time and of a practice. There is legit almost nothing to talk about.

Charles Harris had 2 sacks that was the only highlight(s) from today. Can't rip the reporters for this, there was legit nothing to talk about

I get that we are all anxiously waiting for the season to start... Today was just another practice, they can call it whatever they want, it's just a practice... Most good plays by a unit will reflect badly on another unit... If the offense dominates, well the D looks bad, and vice versa...

You're much better off cheering for days without any serious injury and keep in mind that any sort of dominance from any unit might not be a desired outcome at this stage...

Feel free to post your Jim Mora playoffs rant quoting this post

Half the writers they have stir the pot to get clicks. I can’t stand it but I rely on Salguero at least for actual news but he always have to include his opinion on everything just like Omar. He gets political too which I can’t stand further.

Much of what they write are opinion pieces, do as I do...…..don't read there crap.

Well there we 17 balls caught, who caught them, who stood out, who blocked we’ll, who pass rushed well, which db’s look solid, who got burned? Same goes for run plays, how did both sides of the ball look, who lined up with the ones and which UDFA’s made an impression. All I know is I would appreciate a little insight on how some of our units performed on the plays that are ran. I’m on the west coast and I can’t just shoot over to Davie so I rely on the beat writers for info.

What I learned today is that we are running gassers after false starts and Gase made a wise crack about if it is working. SMH

Well there we 17 balls caught, who caught them, who stood out, who blocked we’ll, who pass rushed well, which db’s look solid, who got burned? Same goes for run plays, how did both sides of the ball look, who lined up with the ones and which UDFA’s made an impression. All I know is I would appreciate a little insight on how some of our units performed on the plays that are ran. I’m on the west coast and I can’t just shoot over to Davie so I rely on the beat writers for info.

What I learned today is that we are running gassers after false starts and Gase made a wise crack about if it is working. SMH
Nobody stood out on offense that's the thing. You want them to recap something that didn't happen. You don't understand how bad the scrimmage was today. It was real ugly from start to finish to the point it was just refs throwing flags.The only thing to talk about was the penalties and 2 sacks by Charles Harris. It was an ugly showing today where nobody stood out. Drake 3 carries 10 yards. Amendola caught 2 passes for under 20 yards. It was penalty after penalty after penalty. Legit NOTHING to talk about.

Perkins had a tweet where he said Tannehill overthrew Amendola. Two or three other beat reporters said that it hit Amendola in the hands and should have been a catch.

The accuracy or dependability of some of these reporters is ridiculously bad. Omar Kelly is known nationally as a hack of a journalist who isn't intelligent. And honestly, Perkins isn't good either. And Armando is a drama queen. Barry Jackson puts out the most insightful content but he's not as dialed into social media and whatnot as some of the others. And the other guys I'm neutral about.

I miss Ben Volin and Jeff Darlington.

I went to the scrimmage and Mike O. is correct. There were many very short passes, the D Line defeated the O-Line mostly and yes, penalties made it tough to sit there in the sweltering heat.

Gesicke made an amazing grab in the 7 on 7 drill. The Dolphins crushed the draft, Minkah is going to be a star for years and Gesicki has 5 TDs in the last 2 days, no one can cover him!

The Dolphins crushed the draft, Minkah is going to be a star for years and Gesicki has 5 TDs in the last 2 days, no one can cover him!

Yeah if Baker and Ballage play up to their athletic ability this could be a franchise altering draft.

I went to the scrimmage and Mike O. is correct. There were many very short passes, the D Line defeated the O-Line mostly and yes, penalties made it tough to sit there in the sweltering heat.

Gesicke made an amazing grab in the 7 on 7 drill. The Dolphins crushed the draft, Minkah is going to be a star for years and Gesicki has 5 TDs in the last 2 days, no one can cover him!
Your last paragraph and a couple other notes In this thread (if you piece them together) has given me more insight that these **s clown beat writers. I got some solid info from Fin Heaven. Thank you brothers!

We played horribly on Offense. But, I think Tannehill threw a total of 9 passes? Don't know why that was the case. I care a lot more about the 1s improving then giving the 2s and 3s a job fair. The Dolphins sales department is having a tough job after how the 1s played yesterday.

Were their inconsistencies in what the writers wrote? Yes. Should Omar Kelly take a long walk off a short pier? Yes. But they aren't there to put lipstick on a pig. It's the Dolphins job to not have pig performance especially in their own stadium with their starting QB for the first time in 18 months....

I honestly believe you didn't read a single thing the writers put out there at the scrimmage. You couldn't have. If you go to the scrimmage thread it is full of information they gave. Some from different perspectives, but it is the information you want. Anyone can sift through the opinions (just like you are giving your opinion, among everyone else on this messageboard).

Complaining about our writers is like complaining about gravity. Gravity makes things heavy and hard to move - it's terrible. Unfortunately, there is no practical solution to gravity, we just have to live with it.

Back
Top Bottom