beck injured | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

beck injured

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
For those who were curious, John Beck hurt his shoulder in Thursday's preseason game and will have an MRI on Friday. i know he's no longer a fin and I'm happy with our quarterback moves, but I was hoping things would work out for him in Baltimore. I can see them going with Troy Smith and bringing in a vet like Brad Johnson to backup Flacco. Wouldn't be shocked if Beck goes on IR for the year or is waived injured. He looked ok before the injury including a 60 yard pass to Jayson Foster

you didnt seriously just start a John Beck thread did you? I miss these.

haha wow beck to jayson foster... every dolphins fan's dream after the 07 and 08 draft

That was a nice play by Foster on that 60yard catch and run. He juked paast a number of players and showed that if he can get in space he is very dangerous.

Sucks to be Beck. What an epic disaster his NFL career has been. I didn't feel bad for him like many ppl seem to do because he sucked but I am sorry he got injured at a time when he's struggling just to make 3rd string.

Maybe he should make his mark in the cfl for a few years. Try to get back in the NFL in about 5 years when he'll be in his mid-50's.

They brought in Lemon to replace Beck. Are you guys sure Cameron isn't running the show over there?

According to PFT, it looks like Beck broke his collarbone and is done for the season.

Looks like PFT is wrong and just spreading false rumors. Beck only has a slight tear in there. Nothing is broken. They don't know yet how long he will be out.

He must have hurt it in his first play when he got sacked.

Beck's QB rating of 97 in spite of the injury at least proves a certain amount of toughness he has.

Beck's passes were sharp with zip and accuracy. Sorry Beck haters, Beck looked like a real pro. And he has shown real class.

Something I can't say about certain posters on this board.

Only a jerk would celebrate a player's injury.

They brought in Lemon to replace Beck. Are you guys sure Cameron isn't running the show over there?

Since you obviously didn't know, Cam is the offensive coordinator in Baltimore. Since Lemon already knows the offense, it only makes since to bring in a QB like him because Beck won't be able to take his reps in practice for at least a couple weeks.

Swap one Lemon for another. If Beck hadnt put up decent #'s against Washingtons truck drivers then he would have really been in trouble.

Looks like PFT is wrong and just spreading false rumors. Beck only has a slight tear in there. Nothing is broken. They don't know yet how long he will be out.

He must have hurt it in his first play when he got sacked.

Beck's QB rating of 97 in spite of the injury at least proves a certain amount of toughness he has.

Beck's passes were sharp with zip and accuracy. Sorry Beck haters, Beck looked like a real pro. And he has shown real class.

Something I can't say about certain posters on this board.

Only a jerk would celebrate a player's injury.

..... and to reiterate those passes were against guys who probably will not make the final 53 man roster. If Beck can't shine against fourth and fifth stringers then he is much, much worse than I think he is. "Beck has shown real class." What does have that to do with anything? Again, that's another built in excuse for all of you Becksters that love to rally around this guy. It's the same tired crap all over again.

1. "He works really, really hard."

2. "He is such a nice guy and is a very classy person."

3. "They should give him more chances because he's really looked good late in preseason games."

All of those things are good to some degree, but in order to be a franchise quarterback you have to more than just complete a few passes late preseason games, try really hard, and be a classy person. Beck does not have what it takes. By now, you think we would have seen something from him that says he can do it in the NFL, but so far I've still seen nothing from him.

You fail to mention that while Beck was playing "against" third teamers, he was also playing "with" third teamers. So, it is all equal. And a good pass is a good pass. The ball has no clue whether it is a third team WR catching the ball or a third team DB defending it.

I'm sure you didn't complain much when Beck got most of his playing time last year (all 1 qtr of it) "against" first teamers in preseason.

Bottom line is this. Beck and his throws to third teamers looked quite a bit better than ANY of the 3 QBs that played for us last week.

And you are right that you didn't see anything from him to indicate that he is going to succeed in the NFL. Considering he only has thrown 20 passes since his rookie year against opposing defenses (only 11 for Miami), No one has seen anything to indicate he CAN'T make it in the NFL either. To say you HAVE seen something to prove it would frankly be a lie.

To continue to ignore the fact that Beck didn't play last preseason, is to try to deny the fact away.

You are still basing your opinions of his play based on what he did on a 1-15 team as a rookie.

You have to admit that is true because, he hasn't played but 2 Qtrs of preseason ball since then. And this last QTR, he looked damn good.

So, if you can ignore his one good qtr, why can't you ignore his one mediocre qtr or at least let them cancel each other out?

Oh yeah, it won't serve your purpose to see the truth would it?

Back
Top Bottom