Before you all start bashing Dave | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Before you all start bashing Dave

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
Someone pelase correct me if I'm wrong, but, as the Director of Player Personnel, doesn't that mean Rick Spielman has the final say on all of our draft picks? If so, then bash him not Wanny. Bash him for getting Ricky and Seau too.

No Wanny has final say, He's the head, Spelman works for him..But Wanny do lean on his a lot.

I like how you BEFORE we bash Wanny. I must have gotten that message three years too late! :ll:

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Someone pelase correct me if I'm wrong, but, as the Director of Player Personnel, doesn't that mean Rick Spielman has the final say on all of our draft picks? If so, then bash him not Wanny. Bash him for getting Ricky and Seau too.

Com'on, the Ricky and Jr. moves were no brainers. Hell, my 3 yr old grandson could've done those deals.

Re: Re: Before you all start bashing Dave

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Com'on, the Ricky and Jr. moves were no brainers. Hell, my 3 yr old grandson could've done those deals.

Truth be told Dave Wanstadt had everything to do with getting Ricky Williams. We already knew he wanted to play for Miami, but Ricky had to also want to play for the COACH.

And it was more than a no brainer IMO. I personally thought they paid way too much for him then, but not now.

Re: Re: Re: Before you all start bashing Dave

Originally posted by Ozzy

Truth be told Dave Wanstadt had everything to do with getting Ricky Williams. We already knew he wanted to play for Miami, but Ricky had to also want to play for the COACH.

And it was more than a no brainer IMO. I personally thought they paid way too much for him then, but not now.

Too much for Ricky? i'm guessing that you're talking about the #1 LY and this yrs conditional that turned into a #1. Well, to be honest, i think he was a steal for the 2 #1s considering what we got from him and the fact that our FO would more than likely have screwed up those picks anyway!! :eek:

I support Dave and I think he is doing a decent job! It's not easy to win in NFL and competitive is an understatment! The guy is working his butt off trying to improve everything about this team. He's an honest, stand up guy, and I respect the hell out him for that. To win the Superbowl a lot of things have to fall in place and head coach is just one of the pieces to the puzzle. As we know, one little (thumb) injury can be the difference and Wanny had nothing to do with that.

Steve

Yeah, we overpaid. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it again, just that the going rate for a 3 yr back who had not reached superstar status was lower than 2 #1s.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Before you all start bashing Dave

Too much for Ricky? i'm guessing that you're talking about the #1 LY and this yrs conditional that turned into a #1. Well, to be honest, i think he was a steal for the 2 #1s considering what we got from him and the fact that our FO would more than likely have screwed up those picks anyway!! :eek:

No I meant before the trade, and the day it happened, like I said not now though.

As for your last comment. Are you willing to admit that the FO has done an excellent job after their first picks?

They could? Damn we need to sign him up quick!

Oliver...

Originally posted by breckenridge55

With Dave as head coach we have declined every year. His first season we made it to the second round of the playoffs. 2nd season first round of playoffs. 3rd season no playoffs. Dave is trash getting Ricky and Seau wasn't just Dave they both WANTED to come here.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
...... getting Ricky and Seau wasn't just Dave they both WANTED to come here.

That's right and Dave Wannstedt is the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. Maybe they know something you don't. Think about that for a while.

It is funny 2 of Dave's best personal moves he fell a$$ backwards in to. The Ricky talks started after Dave happend to be at the air port or air plane at the same time Ricky was and they talked alot, and impressed each other. The other one was Dave went to see his daughter at school, and happend to see the big ten's leading sacker Ogunleye.

I personally thought they paid way too much for him then, but not now.

If you felt that way about Ricky, there may be some similar feelings about this year's draft. It's possible. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Before you all start bashing Dave

No I meant before the trade, and the day it happened, like I said not now though.

As for your last comment. Are you willing to admit that the FO has done an excellent job after their first picks?

Just what was it we paid? I thopught it was just the 2 picks.

Anyway, the mid round picks have been better for Wanny here anyway. Chambers his best, altho a 2nd and McMichael a close 2nd. late picks are usually fodder but a keeper is found there once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom