Belicheat on the hot seat? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Belicheat on the hot seat?

AJDUHEJETKILLER

AJ DUHE JET KILLER
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

I want to first admit that I have an unhealthy despisal for all things patsies. I do have mixed emotions on weather or not I would want Belicheat to be fired or not.
Feels like most of the pain of hearing about the Patriot Way and living through 20 or so years of brutality are over.

25-25 last 50 games? One playoff shellacking 41-17 loss in last 3 years.

I simply don't see the patsies getting back to anything remotely close to any sort of NFL top tier teams anytime soon, particularly with BB at the helm.
At this point ( even though I cant stand to see him on TV) I would rather have him stay and languish for the next few years.

What say you?

Belichek the GM should've been fired decades ago, Belichek the coach has earned the right to go out on his terms.

Personally, I hope he sticks around for a few more years. He's just doesn't have the skill set to assemble a modern offense.

One selection by Scott Pioli turned Belichek into something he really isn't......a Legend.

I am absolutely loving the thought of Bill not catching Shula. If the Pats don't get at least 8 wins this year, I don't think he does. The dude is 71 years old; he's currently the 4th oldest HC in NFL history (Pete Carroll is #3.) If they both coach in 2024, they will be the two oldest head coaches in NFL history.

Also, apparently the QB position still isn't settled in New England. Jones is competing with both Zappe and Trace McSorley. If Trace McSorley has a chance to be your starter Week 1, there's a problem.

I think the game is kind of passing him by, whether good or bad. The players that respond to an authoritarian style of coaching are older and getting out of the league. The new style players do not respond well to old school coaching techniques. Winning is the cure all, but when you aren't winning and you are a dictator, things are going to go bad.

Unless he drops dead BB will pass Shula on the wins list.

And it will be in NE.

The team would have to crater(like 4-13 or 5-12)for Kraft to move on from him before he passes Shula.That won't happen, the Pat's will likely be very similar to last years team and win 7-9 games and BB will be back the following year to pass Shula.

I don't like it but it is going to happen.

On the plus side he will have more losses than Shula as well and will likely break that record which is held by Tom Landry and Jeff Fisher.

Any Dolphins fan who thinks it‘s better for Belichick to stick around and continue coaching the Pats is delusional. Fine, he isn’t a good GM. But there is no question that he gets more out of that team given its talent level than just about about coach in the game could hope to manage.

If he leaves the Pats before they find another franchise QB, that team is going to crater.

If he (Belichick) leaves the Pats before they find another franchise QB, that team is going to crater.
Sounds good to me. Let it start early this season.

It's hard to imagine that Bellichick would be fired. Another couple of losing seasons and I could see a "forced" retirement, similar to what happened with Shula.

It's hard to imagine that Bellichick would be fired. Another couple of losing seasons and I could see a "forced" retirement, similar to what happened with Shula.

For Karma's sake, please let this happen.

Shula was forced out after the 1996 season. It took over a QUARTER CENTURY after that for Miami to have a top 10 offense again.

For Karma's sake, please let this happen.

Shula was forced out after the 1996 season. It took over a QUARTER CENTURY after that for Miami to have a top 10 offense again.
The reason the offense has not been as productive over all those years was because it took them that long to finally find a QB to replace Marino.

Shula was very lucky that Marino was still available in the 1983 draft. Prior to getting Marino, Shula was a coach that relied more on defense and the running game to win games and the Dolphins usually had a middle of the pack offense, except during their SB years in the early 1970’s, prior to Marino becoming a Miami Dolphin.

That’s an awfully long time for Kraft to remain patient.

Belichick needs 31 more wins to dethrone Shula for the leader in NFL HC wins. At his current post-Brady pace of averaging 8 wins per year, it would take Belichick until late 2026 to surpass the record. Standing in his way is a murderer’s row of highly competitive AFC-E teams.

If Bill underwhelms in 2023, and Jones continues to flounder, Kraft will have little choice but to reset in 2024. Kraft is no spring chicken and already publicly stated his expectations for more playoff success.

Then, at 75, Belichick would need to secure another Head Coaching gig. Not only would he remain the oldest HC in NFL history, but have to buck the tide of coaching hires nearly four decades younger than him,

Counting Belichick out is unwise; he’s too cunning and has a knack for persevering. That said, his ascendancy is far from a certain thing.

Burning Set On Fire GIF by US National Archives

This will be BB until he finds a QB who has ice in his veins and smarts between the ears

Mac has neither

BB without Brady is a different kettle of fish that’s for sure.
Brady without BB didn’t do badly at all
I think they are both scum though

Dusting this off just. the time might be ending for old BB in foxboro.

Back
Top Bottom