Belichick on Minkah & general views on the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Belichick on Minkah & general views on the Dolphins

finfinfin

Club Member
Reaction score
I've never watched an entire Belichick press conference before, found it mildly entertaining.

https://www.patriots.com/news/transcript-bill-belichick-press-conference-9-13

0:00: The closer that I’ve watched them, the more you see the influence of coach Flores and the fundamentals that he’s instilled in the team. It’s a good situational team and that certainly showed up in preseason. Not that there were an exorbitant number of examples but the ones that did show up, they handled those very well

4:18 discusses learning Patriots system coming from the West Coast Offense that Antonio Brown came from

5:57 That’s a hard question to answer because they’ve only had one regular season game and that was against a team that runs an offense that is a lot different from ours.

In the past, we’ve seen Minkah do a lot of different things. He’s played corner, he’s played nickel, he’s played safety, he’s played what we call the money position -- it’s kind of a linebacker position in sub defense. Certainly in college, he was an outstanding blitzer as well as doing all those things for coach Saban at Alabama.

So he has a wide variety of skills. He’s a versatile player, he’s obviously a very smart that can handle a lot of those things and so where he’s been used and where he will be used is could very easily be two different things. He has shown a lot of versatility both in this league and in college. So I think they can put him wherever they want. They’ll do what’s best for their defense against the New England Patriots. Next week against somebody else, he might be doing something else. So we’ll just have to see how he plays and it’s not really a decision we can make.

945 You can’t cover all the situations especially against a team like Miami that we know will do some different things Coach Graham Coach Flores they’ll put together some things we’re not working on, we know that.

Im glad Bill respects him, but Minkah was a wasted draft pick. I'm not saying that based off of the Ravens game play, even though it was abysmal. I'm saying that because we had various needs when we drafted him and he was a "luxury" pick. I know he is a great athlete and smart football player, but we need to fill our holes with true position players, not "slash" players. I cant believe he was touted as a high character guy and now he is requesting a trade.

Im seriously starting to doubt Grier.

Im glad Bill respects him, but Minkah was a wasted draft pick. I'm not saying that based off of the Ravens game play, even though it was abysmal. I'm saying that because we had various needs when we drafted him and he was a "luxury" pick. I know he is a great athlete and smart football player, but we need to fill our holes with true position players, not "slash" players. I cant believe he was touted as a high character guy and now he is requesting a trade.

Im seriously starting to doubt Grier.
Well, to be fair, I've never heard BB disrespect any team, or individual (other than his own players) publicly, irrespective of how bad they were in reality. It's more because he refuses to give any opponent bulletin board material, not so much that it is his actual opinion.

He also knows the Dolphins have won the last 5 out of 6 in Miami.Soooo.....
Those Miami teams had a loooooooooooooooooooooooot more veteran talent than this one. We have no chance in this game.

Back
Top Bottom