Ben Roethlisberger vs Philip Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ben Roethlisberger vs Philip Rivers

Who's the better QB??

• Total voters

TrueDiesel3

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who do you guys think is the better QB? I've had a debate with some idiot on another site, he thinks it's Ben by a landslide and that Rivers has nothing over him. I lol'd. :lol: I think Rivers is definitely the better QB, it's close, but It's not close as far as who I prefer, because I prefer my QBs not rapeing women.

So who you got?

Roethlisberger has won two Super Bowls. Phillip Rivers does a lot of great things, but he still hasn't distinguished himself in a conference that has Brady, Manning, and the other choice in this poll. Those guys have divided up Super Bowl appearances amongst themselves, and every year Rivers is supposed to challenge but never makes it. The other guys have all had good supporting casts and teams, but Rivers was the only one with LT.

A year ago, I would have said Big Ben hands down, but with all his off the field stuff, I would now chose the safer option and a pretty damn good player in Rivers.

Roethlisberger has won two Super Bowls. Phillip Rivers does a lot of great things, but he still hasn't distinguished himself in a conference that has Brady, Manning, and the other choice in this poll. Those guys have divided up Super Bowl appearances amongst themselves, and every year Rivers is supposed to challenge but never makes it. The other guys have all had good supporting casts and teams, but Rivers was the only one with LT.
He might want to thank his team/defense for that oh and his kicker, things that Rivers doesn't have to be thankful for.

Putting Ben's off field nonsense aside it's not even close. I like my QBs to play big when it matters most. Ben is well ahead of Rivers and after Brady(and maybe now Brees as great as he played last year) I think Ben would be my #3 if I needed a QB to win a big game.

He might want to thank his team/defense for that oh and his kicker, things that Rivers doesn't have to be thankful for.

and how many SBs had Pitt won under Cowher before ben? They had great defenses, D's as good or better than the 2 they won w/.

Rivers's D allowed just 17 pts to us last year(oh and he threw an INT that led to the difference in the game), there's no reason he couldn't lead SD to a W over us.

I'll give Rivers a pass against Pitt but he led them to 12 pts against NE in a winnable game 2 years earlier in the AFC Championship. In '06 he threw 0 TDs and 1 INT in a 3 pt loss to NE.

Ben is the better QB and it's really not close.

Going forward who would I choose? Then it's close b/c we don't know what will beocme of ben thanks to his poor off field decisions.

and how many SBs had Pitt won under Cowher before ben? They had great defenses, D's as good or better than the 2 they won w/.

Rivers's D allowed just 17 pts to us last year(oh and he threw an INT that led to the difference in the game), there's no reason he couldn't lead SD to a W over us.

I'll give Rivers a pass against Pitt but he led them to 12 pts against NE in a winnable game 2 years earlier in the AFC Championship. In '06 he threw 0 TDs and 1 INT in a 3 pt loss to NE.

Ben is the better QB and it's really not close.

Going forward who would I choose? Then it's close b/c we don't know what will beocme of ben thanks to his poor off field decisions.

You forgot to mention a pro bowl kicker missing 3 field goals. That would be why the Chargers lost against the Jets.

You forgot to mention a pro bowl kicker missing 3 field goals. That would be why the Chargers lost against the Jets.

One was a 57 yarder and one of Rivers INTs set us up in the RZ where we scored a TD. The biggest goat in that game was the QB not the K.

One was a 57 yarder and one of Rivers INTs set us up in the RZ where we scored a TD. The biggest goat in that game was the QB not the K.

Give me a break. One of those FG's was a 37 yarder, and another a 40 yarder. Chip shots for a kicker of his caliber. Deny it all you want but a pro bowl kicker choking is the reason the Chargers lost that game.

Give me a break. One of those FG's was a 37 yarder, and another a 40 yarder. Chip shots for a kicker of his caliber. Deny it all you want but a pro bowl kicker choking is the reason the Chargers lost that game.
I agree, Rivers didn't lose them the game, the kicker did.

So the 6 pts they missed on Kicks cost them the game but the only 14 points Rivers led them to and the 7 points he led us to w/ his bad INT from his EZ did not cost them the game? Not to mention that the score was closer than the game as we played a soft prevent on their last TD drive to cut it to 17-14.

I agree, Rivers didn't lose them the game, the kicker did.

He didn't do anything to win the game for them either.

Agree with Junc on this one.... off field issues aside, it's not even close. The fact of the matter is, Ben has won 2 SBs and some would argue that San Diego have had teams equally as good talent-wise that never came close. The pass on the Holmes TD alone is enough to put Ben in the top 3. Sure his stats aren't as good as Rivers' but who care about the stats when all you do is win?

Rivers IMO is a very good QB but i don't think he'll ever win a SB.

The point is Rivers set them up so they would get 3 pts a couple different times. Did he play great, no, but he had them in a position to win.

Back
Top Bottom