Ben Roethlisberger vs Philip Rivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ben Roethlisberger vs Philip Rivers

Who's the better QB??

• Total voters
So the 6 pts they missed on Kicks cost them the game but the only 14 points Rivers led them to and the 7 points he led us to w/ his bad INT from his EZ did not cost them the game? Not to mention that the score was closer than the game as we played a soft prevent on their last TD drive to cut it to 17-14.

He didn't do anything to win the game for them either.

3+3=6. 17-14 = 3. Pro Bowl kicker makes two chip shots, Chargers win. Simple concept really.

Rivers as he has a lot of chemistry with all of his receivers.

The point is Rivers set them up so they would get 3 pts a couple different times. Did he play great, no, but he had them in a position to win.

Again, he missed 2 makeable kicks but rivers threw an INT that led to 7 pts for the Jets so if you are blaming the K then you need to blame the QB. Rivers did not play like a big time QB in that game, he played scared most of the game.

Also, the 2nd missed makebale FG was when SD was down 17-7 w/ 7 mins left. The jets aren't going into the soft zone they went into when SD scored the TD to make it 17-14 so to assume they still score and make it 17-17 if he makes that kick is incorrect.

Kaeding played a major role but so did Rivers. Rivers has not proven he can win big in January and thus hasn't takent hat next step that a guy like ben has.

3+3=6. 17-14 = 3. Pro Bowl kicker makes two chip shots, Chargers win. Simple concept really.

INT that sets up TD=7>6

Kaeding missed one early in the game w/ plenty of time to overcome it. His 2nd miss came w/ 7 mins left, if he makes it then it's 17-10 and we aren't going to that soft prevent like we did after SD got it back down 17-7.

You can make all the excuses in the world for the QB but his INT from his EZ was bigger than any of the missed FGs b/c it didn't just rob them of 3 points like Kweding's did it also set up the Jets to score a HUGE TD to take the lead for the first time. I never felt like we had a real chance to win in that game until we scored that TD.

It amazes me though how people put so much emphasis on meaningless fantasy #s. It's why people think Manning is better than Brady.

my biggest problem with big ben (aside being a serial rapist) is that he takes way to many sacks. I understand a lot of them are for the sake of extending the play but it's like he makes his first few reads and panics, i dont see that in rivers. I think overall they bring about the same amount of wins to the table they just do it in different ways. I know Ben has 2 rings but i think his defense and a bit of luck against the colts aided the team more than he did.

Again, he missed 2 makeable kicks but rivers threw an INT that led to 7 pts for the Jets so if you are blaming the K then you need to blame the QB. Rivers did not play like a big time QB in that game, he played scared most of the game.

Also, the 2nd missed makebale FG was when SD was down 17-7 w/ 7 mins left. The jets aren't going into the soft zone they went into when SD scored the TD to make it 17-14 so to assume they still score and make it 17-17 if he makes that kick is incorrect.

Kaeding played a major role but so did Rivers. Rivers has not proven he can win big in January and thus hasn't takent hat next step that a guy like ben has.

INT that sets up TD=7>6

Kaeding missed one early in the game w/ plenty of time to overcome it. His 2nd miss came w/ 7 mins left, if he makes it then it's 17-10 and we aren't going to that soft prevent like we did after SD got it back down 17-7.

You can make all the excuses in the world for the QB but his INT from his EZ was bigger than any of the missed FGs b/c it didn't just rob them of 3 points like Kweding's did it also set up the Jets to score a HUGE TD to take the lead for the first time. I never felt like we had a real chance to win in that game until we scored that TD.

It amazes me though how people put so much emphasis on meaningless fantasy #s. It's why people think Manning is better than Brady.

Whatever you say Junc. Two chipshots, he makes them, Chargers win.

Whatever you say Junc. Two chipshots, he makes them, Chargers win.

they do? so you know the game plays out the exact same way if he makes those kicks? I get it the jeloausy aspect of it, the fact that you can't give the jets credit but if you watched the game you'd know the team that won deserved to win and that Rivers did not elevate his game and he contributed more to the loss than Kaeding.

IMO Roethlisberger has had a lot more help then Rivers over the years. You can't say that the Chargers had anywhere near the talent that the Steelers had on just the defensive side of the ball.

I mean in Bergers first super bowl run the team carried him more than he carried them.

I look at the comparison as QB's skills I guess more than how many SB's they win because one player doesn't earn the W's, the entire team does. Ben has had the more complete team (last year who knows what happened) but Rivers is a baller who can make things happen.

my biggest problem with big ben (aside being a serial rapist) is that he takes way to many sacks. I understand a lot of them are for the sake of extending the play but it's like he makes his first few reads and panics, i dont see that in rivers. I think overall they bring about the same amount of wins to the table they just do it in different ways. I know Ben has 2 rings but i think his defense and a bit of luck against the colts aided the team more than he did.
That's exactly what I think. I know Ben has two rings, but I'm not convinced that he is the better quarterback. One big difference between the two is the defenses they have. I think Rivers is the better quarterback because he is more of a pure passer. Like you said Ben tries to extend the play so far he ends up getting sacked or making a bad decision. I know Rivers hasn't won any rings, but I think he is still the better quarterback.

IMO Roethlisberger has had a lot more help then Rivers over the years. You can't say that the Chargers had anywhere near the talent that the Steelers had on just the defensive side of the ball.

I mean in Bergers first super bowl run the team carried him more than he carried them.

I look at the comparison as QB's skills I guess more than how many SB's they win because one player doesn't earn the W's, the entire team does. Ben has had the more complete team (last year who knows what happened) but Rivers is a baller who can make things happen.

SD has been regarded as the most talented team in football most of the past 5-6 years. Rivers has had more than enouhg talent around him to win and arguably as much as, if not more than, ben has had in Pitt.

The team carried Ben in the first SB run? In the 3 AFC playoff games that year he went 49-72, 68%, 680 yds, 7 TDs, 1 INT and a rating of 124.8. He carried them more than the other way around. He had a bad game in the Super Bowl w/o a doubt but they aren't close to a SB w/o his stellar play leading up to the SB.

Big ben all the way

He's carried his team since late in the 2005 season. People that simply don't pay attention will say otherwise. Playoff run in 05 was all on him, sucked in the super bowl, but that's 3 good games one below average, where he still mad the plays he needed to win. 08, the super bowl drive speaks for itself

Rivers has had one of the best runningback evers with him all his career, a stellar line and a very good defense. Not to mention a good kicker

He's a choker in the playoffs, just like manning. Give me rivers and manning during the regular, and fantasy, season anytime. Ben is a winner in the playoffs. 8-2 record. Rivers 3-4

enough said

I'd take Roethlisberger over almost everyone in the league. However, knowing what I know now about Roethlisberger, I'd probably take Rivers because I don't want to run the risk of losing my QB to legal battles and jail time. Based on what they've done in their careers, it's Roethlisberger and I don't see how there's an argument. Rivers is just as immature on the field as Roethlisberger is off it.

Back
Top Bottom