Bengals might end up drafting a QB(is not Palmer) after all if they can't trade down. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals might end up drafting a QB(is not Palmer) after all if they can't trade down.

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
from www.bengals.com

------------------------------

Leftwich is riding some momentum off a solid workout Monday in Florida. The April 2 draft conducted by the highly-regarded Ourlads’ Scouting Services matched Leftwich’s top rating (9.38) to the Bengals’ needs and ticketed him No. 1. Palmer (9.35) went to Chicago at No. 4 with Rogers going No. 2 to the hometown Lions.

And Condon learned Tuesday night that the NFL wants Leftwich in New York for the April 26 opening of the two-day draft, meaning the league is now pretty confident he is going to go early after showing scouts Monday he has recovered from his broken leg.

“I think people wanted to see him move around and he had no problems doing it,†Condon said. “Palmer seems to be the leader and I don’t mean by the teams, but by the media. But it’s hard not to take this guy. He’s big, he can throw, he’s smart and he’s a leader. He brings plenty to the table.â€Â

Not only did the Bengals’ coaches see his strengths Monday, but so did two of their receivers. Peter Warrick and Ron Dugans caught some of Leftwich’s 70 throws. Warrick particularly liked the way Leftwich throws on the run.

“There was one roll-out pass where he hit me on a come-back route, and the ball was right on the money. Right there,†Warrick said. “His best pattern was the come-back. . .(but) I caught the last long ball he threw and it was a touchdown, right there in the back of the end zone. Oh yeah, he’ll be a real good quarterback in this league.â€Â
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I stated before in my opinion Leftwich is the best QB coming out of this year class.He has everything you look for in a franchise QB and more.He will make immediate impact wherever he goes.

I wish we had the ammo to trade for this guy, because he's going to have superbowls on all his fingers if he doesn't go to the bengals.

Oh well......

Dan Marino doesn't have a ring. Why the heck would this kid automatically win one if he goes to anybody other than the Bengals?

He's going to take a lot of hits, he's not very mobile. If Palmer or Leftwich get throw to the wolves early they will, get eaten alive. The best plan is to ride the bench for awhile ala Pennington,Mcnabb,Culpepper, McNair.

Back
Top Bottom