Bengals sign Cedric Benson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals sign Cedric Benson

Smoke

ZT = HOF
Reaction score
Marvin Lewis makes room for yet another troubled player :rolleyes2:
Will he ever learn his lesson?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ubYF?slug=ap-bengals-benson&prov=ap&type=lgns

CINCINNATI (AP)—Running back Cedric Benson signed Tuesday with the Cincinatti Bengals who needed another runner and were undeterred by two alcohol-related arrests in Texas that prompted the Chicago Bears to let him go.
Benson will take the spot of running back Dede Dorsey who was placed on injured reserve Tuesday after hurting his hamstring in a 20-12 loss to Cleveland. Chris Perry is Cincinnati’s starting running back.

Lewis is probably gone after this season. He continuously drafts guys who are trouble makers (Henry, Thurman, Shirley) or don't fit a set scheme (everybody else).

Well benson has done some stupid things but I dont think he has done anything that he should not be given a second chance for.

Also something that people overlook is that he was aquitted of all charges from the boat incident and the dui by a grand jury so in actuality as for the law he has not truly started any trouble since his college arrests.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ubYF?slug=ap-bensonarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

That being said he has had a bad pattern of behavior this off season and i can understand if people dont like him. lets not forget Porter pleaded no contest to his attacking of another player with his posse in vegas and has been involved in dog fighting although no charges have been brought against him so I definately dont like him much either.

Lewis is probably gone after this season. He continuously drafts guys who are trouble makers (Henry, Thurman, Shirley) or don't fit a set scheme (everybody else).

Marvin Lewis won't be fired until all the butts are out of the seats. Mike Brown cares about making money and right now the Bengals are still packing them in as sad as that is. It could be that everything unravels this season.

Marvin Lewis won't be fired until all the butts are out of the seats. Mike Brown cares about making money and right now the Bengals are still packing them in as sad as that is. It could be that everything unravels this season.

The bengals have been hugely dissapointing this year and last. Not sure why the offense is looking so bad but maybe benson will get it together there although history shows that does not happen often.

And then he walks around like it's ok and there is nothing worng with it, yet he'll come out publicly saying how the Bengals will not tolerate troubled players.

Didn't let go of Rudi Johnson who is now starting in Detroit???

He's a goner.

On a side note, I was surprised the Steelers didn't make this move. After having all of their Running Backs go down, they signed Najeh Davenport, which makes sense since he knows their offense.

And then he walks around like it's ok and there is nothing worng with it, yet he'll come out publicly saying how the Bengals will not tolerate troubled players.

Didn't let go of Rudi Johnson who is now starting in Detroit???

He's a goner.

On a side note, I was surprised the Steelers didn't make this move. After having all of their Running Backs go down, they signed Najeh Davenport, which makes sense since he knows their offense.

there is definately a pattern of discerning the police blotter there. They even signed our guy that was in trouble Mauia.

Back
Top Bottom