Bengals walk the walk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bengals walk the walk

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Chad Johnson went directly from talking to trashing the Vikings.

Johnson caught a 70-yard touchdown pass on the game's second play Sunday, and the Cincinnati Bengals had their way during a 37-8 victory over Minnesota that made a statement and raised a question.

Yes, the 2-0 Bengals think they're for real.

"It's right there in front of us," said Johnson, who had seven catches for 139 yards. "This year we can do something special."

And the 0-2 Vikings? Are they really this bad? So far, yes.

"We have a veteran group with a lot of pride, and we're embarrassed with the way we're playing," said Daunte Culpepper, who threw a career-high five interceptions. "I'm determined to fix it. One thing we've got to do is stay together."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/09/18/bc.fbn.vikings.bengals.ap/index.html

I'm a closet Bengals fan. I've got 2 Carson Palmer jerseys & a newly acquired orange Chad Johnson jersey.

Palmer is looking like a very very good young QB. and Chad Johnson has to be considered in the league of TO and Moss IMO. They are going to be good together for a long time, and be fun to watch.

Palmer is an absolute stud. I'm real glad that my prediction of him from Heisman winner to #1 overall pick to NFL stud is coming to fruition. It makes me look like a genius :D

Yea Palmer is looking great. I have to admit I didnt think he was going to be all that special, just a solid Qb, oh well thats why Im not employed by the NFL. Shame a player like that wasnt available at the #2 this year, no great Qb came out this year. Goes to show that you have to have patience with young players, especially Qbs. Marvin Lewis showed a lot of patience, now its paying off. I agree with Johnson, they have a chance to be special, they have all the ingredients of a good solid playoff team.

It sucks because at the beginning of the 02 college season Palmer was a 2nd rounder, & since we only had a 2nd it was possible he'd be there for our pick. But as the season progressed & Palmer was putting up #s & leading USC to the Rose Bowl his stock rose through the roof.

Palmer or Leftwich, I think Cincinnati made the right decision.

SMadison29 said:
It sucks because at the beginning of the 02 college season Palmer was a 2nd rounder, & since we only had a 2nd it was possible he'd be there for our pick. But as the season progressed & Palmer was putting up #s & leading USC to the Rose Bowl his stock rose through the roof.

Palmer or Leftwich, I think Cincinnati made the right decision.

im gonna admit, i thought they should of picked Leftwich. I thought both would be really good QBs, but Leftwich would be more of the winner....thought he had the 'it' factor.

Chad Johnson is one of my favorite players in the game. I love players like him, Owens, Moss, and the list goes on. Have fun while you play the game!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Chad Johnson is one of my favorite players in the game. I love players like him, Owens, Moss, and the list goes on. Have fun while you play the game!

The thing that separates Johnson from those two is that he doesn't have the off the field baggage, & he's funny as hell off the field.

SMadison29 said:
The thing that separates Johnson from those two is that he doesn't have the off the field baggage, & he's funny as hell off the field.

Yea he does a lot of talking but its not selfcentered garbage, just good-natured trash talking. Havent heard of him having problems with coaches or teamates either. Like the thread says he walks the walk, so he can ahead and talk the talk.

Back
Top Bottom