Bennie Anderson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bennie Anderson?

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I know he isnt a big name but he is a RFA thate required no compensation. I mean how bad could the guy be Jamal Lewis ran for a bunch of yard. A solid RG that would be cheap. If the woody thing doesnt work.

This is one of the Gaurds we should be going after.Anderson is a stud in the run blocking.He is also very young with lots of upside.
It would be nice to have his 6"5 355lbs blocking the way for Ricky.

Isn't he a fat slob?

I'd rather have Woody, McKinney, James as the interior of the line.....we need guys that can move to the second level and kick Rodney Harrison's teeth in.

Yeah and Balt. will match the offer unless we overpay. They have already said so and have a ton more cap space than we do.

The problem with RFA is when you make an offer, the cap space is booked until the other team matches or declines. If they match, you've lost a valuable week with other potential FA's who are signing with other teams.

Kind of our dilemma with Tait. (just sign Damien McIntosh already)

Isn't he a fat slob?

My mistake he is listed at 335 not 355lbs.Only 15lbs more then Woody.
How many yards did Jamal Lewis rush for in Baltimore?

Pretty soon ANY o-lineman out there will star to look good for us at the pace we're moving...lolBut I have great news, I got my ozzfest tix today and got row 15, yessssssssssssssss

Ozzy rules!!

Bennie is a monster. I wanted him all along, I haven't been online for the last 2 weeks, so I am not sure what the compensation would be for him. Hopefully a 5th or 6th.

I'd glady sign him to a much smaller contract then that of Damien Woody.

There would be no compensation for Anderson because he was a walk on free agent.

Thats irrelevant, Ogunleye was undrafted as well.

According to ESPN.com Bennie did get tendered, at what level I haven't a clue.

Yeah but Balitmore only gave Anderson the minimum tender.And since he was undrafted they get no compensation.

Ogunleye was given the highest tender something around $1.83mill.Thus giving Dolphins 1st/3rd rond compensation if he signs with another team.

Originally posted by Stamos
Thats irrelevant, Ogunleye was undrafted as well.

According to ESPN.com Bennie did get tendered, at what level I haven't a clue.

Wasn't he not drafted because he was injured?? he would have been at least a 2nd/3rd round pick if he wouldn't have gotten injured....I may be wrong though. I thought I read it some where.

Originally posted by chambers84

Wasn't he not drafted because he was injured?? he would have been at least a 2nd/3rd round pick if he wouldn't have gotten injured....I may be wrong though. I thought I read it some where.

Probably would've been a first rounder, but dare ask, why did you bring that up.

4thand10, thanks for clearing that up, some what mind boggling that Baltimore wouldn't tender him higher, but with there cap space, it would be tough to get him out of Baltimore.

Bennie Anderson was not drafted.

Since he only got the minmum tender from Baltimore.If Baltimore does not match a offer if signs elsewhere then Baltimore recieves nothing.

For a example if Anderson was drafted in the 3rd round and was given only the minmum tender the Baltimore would receive a 3rd pick from the team that signs him.If Baltimore does not match the offer.

Just like the case with Travis Minor.Dolphins would recieve a 3rd pick if he signs elsewhere and the dolphins don't match.

See there are different types of tenders teams can offer players regardless if they are drafted or not.

1st and 3rd round tender around $1.83 mill

1st round tender is around $1.3 mill

the minmum tender is around $630,00

The Dolphins gave Ogunleye the 1st and 3rd round tender.

lol, I know all that. I am usually on top of these things but I've been MIA for about 3 weeks, so I haven't been able to catch up til now.

Back
Top Bottom