Benson's Post draft interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Benson's Post draft interview

dolphinpower

Super Incredible Fantastic Grand Master
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I heard his post draft interview showed how much of a head case he was?? What happened?? SOmone tell me what happened b/c I didnt get to see it.

he was very emotional. I just dont think he was with it.

It's tough for these kids, but especially for Benson with all the Ricky crap. I think it was relief it was all over.

Yeah, he broke down. He talked about how all the negative things being said, and hurting his value. Mostly the ricky crap, which should have never been an issue, as it was pure bs. This guy will be something special.

That brown guy we got is pretty good too though ;)

There was nothing wrong with him. He was just emotional. I think that he was sick of everyone comparing him to Ricky, can you imagine how hard that must have been to work his tail off his entire life to get to this point and then have it ruined b/c Ricky was his idol. Well he was my idol too before all of this crap happened does that make me Ricky?

You could tell that he was just very relieved and happy that everything was over and he knew where he was going. I think that he handled it pretty well considering that he was the number one rated back until all of the Ricky comparisons came out. I think that he had a very good interview and the fact that he was crying shows how much he does care about the game and his future.

I am disagree completely about his interview showing he was a headcase. What I saw was a kid who had been under the pressure and the microscope of being the next Ricky Williams, and felt like he had been branded unfairly because of it.

What you saw was the honest emotions from a kid who had been under a tremendous strain and had come through the other side. I was never a Benson guy and glad we didn't draft him but I did think the sins of Ricky Williams should have never been visited upon him.

dolphinpower said:
I heard his post draft interview showed how much of a head case he was?? What happened?? SOmone tell me what happened b/c I didnt get to see it.

Thats ridiculous. It was an emotional moment for him and his family. He didnt really give great answers for his interview only because he was fighting back the tears the whole time. The guy has gone through a lot of adversity on his way to the NFL and his emotional reaction to finally being drafted only proves his passion for the game.

great responses guys, i appreciate it!

booyaka booyaka shey!

i got the impresion as he walked off stage that he was a very motivated (ready to tear heads off )
by all that had happened to him ... and i for one am glad he dont have to play him twice a year

The kid was a whiny little *****. I said it helped prove he was a head case, and I absolutely stand by it. Do NOT give me the "oh, it's an emotional moment" stuff. He pissed and moaned about how everyone was down on him and so very negative and blah blah blah. He's the FOURTH pick of the draft! He's about to be rich beyond his wildest dreams and gets to play for one of the most storied franchises in NFL history. I flat out refuse to feel one ounce of sympathy for him. I thought his performance was shameful and self-centered.

In the interview he was asked, "do you know who you are?" he answered "I don't really even know" and laughed like he made a funny to a serious question.

Not sure what is going on with him, but he obviously felt the whole Ricky thing hurt his position in the draft. My thing is he shouldn't be upset about that. He was the one who decided to hang out with Ricky and grow his hair like Ricky. He also was the one that decided to smoke pot in college.

I say he needs to man up.

Back
Top Bottom